League tells Lebron not to wear the black mask anymore

Talk about anything here.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Re: League tells Lebron not to wear the black mask anymore

Post by jordanzone »

gaskill15 wrote:I think it's stupid but LeBron isn't above the NBA. He's gotta follow the rules like everybody else. With that being said, the rule needs to be changed. It looked pretty badass.

..there is no formal rule...
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

constitutionnomore wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:I think it's stupid but LeBron isn't above the NBA. He's gotta follow the rules like everybody else. With that being said, the rule needs to be changed. It looked pretty badass.

Ok weren't other players asked to switch to a clear mask?
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

gaskill15 wrote:

yes...but had one read the article or at least read this thread and particularly my post, these questions wouldn't have to get answered 2 and 3 times... :P
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

gaskill15 wrote:

yes...but had one read the article or at least read this thread and particularly my post, these questions wouldn't have to get answered 2 and 3 times... :P
I'm hungover. Reading isn't exactly my strong suit right now. I should pry just log off.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

gaskill15 wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
I'm hungover. Reading isn't exactly my strong suit right now. I should pry just log off.
I know gas, just giving you a hard time...you had too many Busch lights and you realized that was a mistake and wish you would have stuck to what you normally drink...amirite?
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

gaskill15 wrote:
I know gas, just giving you a hard time...you had too many Busch lights and you realized that was a mistake and wish you would have stuck to what you normally drink...amirite?
Only had a few Busch Lights. Its the 7 and 7s and shots of fireball that got me. Got a couple numbers though. I'll have to see them through sober eyes to see if they'll stay in my phone though.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

But the real question is why can't they wear a black mask? Why does the league ask them to switch to a clear mask? They are allowed to wear black shoes, black uniforms, black socks, black head bands, black wrist bands, black sleeves, black knee braces, tattoo themselves from head to toe....but we can't allow you to wear a black mask if you happen to break your nose??? How does that make any sense? I'd like to hear the NBA say why they won't allow a black mask.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

manchild98 wrote:But the real question is why can't they wear a black mask? Why does the league ask them to switch to a clear mask? They are allowed to wear black shoes, black uniforms, black socks, black head bands, black wrist bands, black sleeves, black knee braces, tattoo themselves from head to toe....but we can't allow you to wear a black mask if you happen to break your nose??? How does that make any sense? I'd like to hear the NBA say why they won't allow a black mask.

..me too actually..I never knew they had a preference policy on this issue and not a rule set in place...
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

What a dumb micromanaging policy. My only guess why the league requires clear masks is to make sure there's no random substance hidden that might give you some sort of edge.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

NFL= Not For Fun League
NBA= No Black Masks Association
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:What a dumb micromanaging policy. My only guess why the league requires clear masks is to make sure there's no random substance hidden that might give you some sort of edge.

..it is, but it's NOW only an big deal because it's LeBron...not like it's the first time this has happened...
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:What a dumb micromanaging policy. My only guess why the league requires clear masks is to make sure there's no random substance hidden that might give you some sort of edge.

..it is, but it's NOW only an big deal because it's LeBron...not like it's the first time this has happened...
Very true. I bet if LeBron put a bunch of corporate ad logos on his mask, the league would be totally cool with it.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Cobra Kai wrote:I thought the mask looked cool and menacing. Plus, if that was real carbon fiber, how would you make a clear carbon fiber mask?

My guess is they just don't want the mask to get out of hand where players are making fashion statements out of them.

Imagine a mask with the colorful art of a hockey goalie or what not? Would look cool, but the league wouldn't like it.

But that's the part that makes absolutely no sense. They let these guys make fashion statements and wear everything else...neon shoes, sleeves, etc. The Birdman is allowed to Mohawk his hair and tattoo himself from head to toe in color (which I have no problem with any of that). So why is a temporary mask where they draw the line? Why is a black or colored mask so awful to the NBA? Nobody is going to want to wear a mask full time if they don't have to wear one.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

This is much ado about nothing.
IMO it appears the NBA wants uniformity in this situation and wants to avoid the possibility of others sporting all different type of masks/protection.
As for having endorsements on it--that would be the last thing the league would want
sportswise1