Couple of these Doritos commercials are awful.

Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Couple of these Doritos commercials are awful.

Post by AlaskaHawks »

How they are considering spending over a million for these is crazy.

https://www.doritos.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
TheStig
All-Star

Re: Couple of these Doritos commercials are awful.

Post by TheStig »

AlaskaHawks wrote:How they are considering spending over a million for these is crazy.

I agree. I can't believe this is the best they could come up with.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

TheStig wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:How they are considering spending over a million for these is crazy.

I agree. I can't believe this is the best they could come up with.
Especially the "glory hole" one. Weird.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Do these Super Bowl commercials actually pay out for established brands? Aren't people going to eat Doritos, drink Bud Light, drive Accords anyway. I don't know, seems like pissing $$ away for these companies. I am probably way off, though.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Well of course some of them have kids in them. Why not go for some real heartstring pulling and feature kids with physical ailments. Let's get all Extreme Home Makeover-y and make a kid hoping to cure his cancer with Doritos.
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

swampgator wrote:Do these Super Bowl commercials actually pay out for established brands? Aren't people going to eat Doritos, drink Bud Light, drive Accords anyway. I don't know, seems like pissing $$ away for these companies. I am probably way off, though.
Nah I think you're probably right. It seems like it comes down bragging rights as to who will have the best commercial or the one most talked about. Definitely seems like a waste of money. The only time I think commercials work is when it's a new product.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

swampgator wrote:Do these Super Bowl commercials actually pay out for established brands? Aren't people going to eat Doritos, drink Bud Light, drive Accords anyway. I don't know, seems like pissing $$ away for these companies. I am probably way off, though.

For these well established companies it is about preserving brand value and keeping market share. Coke spends 2+ billion a year on advertising. It keeps them part of popular culture and in your mind. They aren't really "selling" it to you anymore. I would think the super bowl is a good investment since it's such a large audience. Plus it's the only time of year people spend time talking about or covering commercials. The next day all the commercials are rated. That's not going to happen for any advertiser at any other point in the year.
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

Cobra Kai wrote:Remember when Jay Leno used to do Doritos commercials?
Crunch all you want, we'll make more.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

manchild98 wrote:

For these well established companies it is about preserving brand value and keeping market share. Coke spends 2+ billion a year on advertising. It keeps them part of popular culture and in your mind. They aren't really "selling" it to you anymore. I would think the super bowl is a good investment since it's such a large audience. Plus it's the only time of year people spend time talking about or covering commercials. The next day all the commercials are rated. That's not going to happen for any advertiser at any other point in the year.
That is a well thought out response and is one that is most likely right on. I don't ever watch commercials these days (for years for that matter) and my brand craving has gone down considerably. Might have something to do with a bag of Doritos is stupid expensive where I am too. LOL
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half."
Bill Russell