fpliii, so you bought this site? The Domain is yours?

Talk about anything here.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

fpliii, so you bought this site? The Domain is yours?

Post by Master Spade »

If so, thank you! Unlike others here who only seem to complain(I've read a couple threads where people say they don't like the "Look"!! LOL!!), I'll just be thankful someone took the time, and is still doing so, to give us a place to keep the ESPN NBA General Message Board posters together!

If the domain is yours, then does that mean we can't be "Reported" and taken down by those DUMB-ASSES that take these message boards WAY too seriously?

Also, what is this "Thank" feature? Is it basically the same thing as "Liking" someones post?
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: fpliii, so you bought this site? The Domain is yours?

Post by kobeunderbite »

Nice to see someone show appreciation for fplii's work and all of the positives about this place... amazing that people can find things to complain about.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Master Spade wrote:If so, thank you! Unlike others here who only seem to complain(I've read a couple threads where people say they don't like the "Look"!! LOL!!), I'll just be thankful someone took the time, and is still doing so, to give us a place to keep the ESPN NBA General Message Board posters together!

If the domain is yours, then does that mean we can't be "Reported" and taken down by those DUMB-ASSES that take these message boards WAY too seriously?

Also, what is this "Thank" feature? Is it basically the same thing as "Liking" someones post?
This is correct. We actually owned the domain from the beginning, but it was the hosting that was the issue. As long as the board was on ProBoards' servers, we were under their dominion. Now we own the hosting bandwidth, so we cannot be taken down.

Be sure to thank jj as well, he kept the board afloat for god only knows how long.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

fpliii wrote:
Master Spade wrote:If so, thank you! Unlike others here who only seem to complain(I've read a couple threads where people say they don't like the "Look"!! LOL!!), I'll just be thankful someone took the time, and is still doing so, to give us a place to keep the ESPN NBA General Message Board posters together!

This is correct. We actually owned the domain from the beginning, but it was the hosting that was the issue. As long as the board was on ProBoards' servers, we were under their dominion. Now we own the hosting bandwidth, so we cannot be taken down.

Be sure to thank jj as well, he kept the board afloat for god only knows how long.

True, jj kept us together as long as he could with all those DUMB-ASSES being Report happy.

How about that "Thank" feature? Is it basically the same as "liking" someones post on other boards?
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Master Spade wrote:
fpliii wrote:

True, jj kept us together as long as he could with all those DUMB-ASSES being Report happy.

How about that "Thank" feature? Is it basically the same as "liking" someones post on other boards?
Yes
and
Yes
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Master Spade wrote:
fpliii wrote:

Yeah. On the homepage you can view the most thanked people. Also, at the top of your screen there are links to the Thanks Toplist (everyone's Thanks numbers) and Thanks List (most thanked posts).

The "Who quoted me?" link will show a list of every time you're quoted, sorta like notifications on ProBoards.

Lastly, check out your User Control Panel to change your settings. You can also set your theme in there (under styles, I think in Board Preferences or some similar subheading).
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Yes, fplii, I thank you and JJ for keeping the board afloat despite the desperate attempts by Bulls fans and their apologists to get us shut down.

And, on a side note, i am glad fplii that you have an active board to run finally.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Cobra Kai wrote:Thank you fpliii. You are a great poster and respected by everyone on this board. Which is a rare thing.

Sent from my Obama phone payed by you.
Your signature might be missing a "for" Not sure tho.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

I didn't know that was the deal... right on, fpliii. You and jj have kept this community of misfits together.

Props to you both

[Note: I tried that tapawhatever and liked it less than this DarkFX Desktop version.]
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Good to see people are actually thankful now!

Only thing this site needs now is more traffic. We should all try to recruit more posters. Let's do our part!