Honest hypothetical....No right or wrong obviously...

Talk about anything here.
fsuheater
Superstar

Re: Honest hypothetical....No right or wrong obviously...

Post by fsuheater »

I think we have seen from both Lebron and Kobe that they can be a second coach, so to speak, on the floor. Lebron likes mentoring younger players and teaching them. I still remember the story of him calling Dexter Pittman every few days as a rookie when he was in the D-League, checking on how he was doing and his progress. He seems to go out of his way to make new teammates feel at home. I think Kobe would make a great coach too.

As far as in a game setting, I have just seen too much chucking from Kobe while being triple-teamed and too many spot on assists from Lebron, to think that Kobe would be better in developing a budding star. Kobe can be a bit selfish with the ball and Lebron can be a bit selfless, to a fault.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Kobe makes teammates better
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
DorianRo
Superstar

Post by DorianRo »

No one would make Pippen the player that Jordan made him. Jordan challenged people every day in Chicago to be the best he could be.

Look at how many guys played their best basketball with Jordan? He raised the bar for everyone. I doubt Pippen would be a top 50 all time without MJ
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

fsuheater wrote:I think we have seen from both Lebron and Kobe that they can be a second coach, so to speak, on the floor. Lebron likes mentoring younger players and teaching them. I still remember the story of him calling Dexter Pittman every few days as a rookie when he was in the D-League, checking on how he was doing and his progress. He seems to go out of his way to make new teammates feel at home. I think Kobe would make a great coach too.

As far as in a game setting, I have just seen too much chucking from Kobe while being triple-teamed and too many spot on assists from Lebron, to think that Kobe would be better in developing a budding star. Kobe can be a bit selfish with the ball and Lebron can be a bit selfless, to a fault.
He made Lamar Odom better. And that "chucking" is what Wade does when he has to bail out your boy Lebron
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

LookAway wrote:
fsuheater wrote:I think we have seen from both Lebron and Kobe that they can be a second coach, so to speak, on the floor. Lebron likes mentoring younger players and teaching them. I still remember the story of him calling Dexter Pittman every few days as a rookie when he was in the D-League, checking on how he was doing and his progress. He seems to go out of his way to make new teammates feel at home. I think Kobe would make a great coach too.

He made Lamar Odom better. And that "chucking" is what Wade does when he has to bail out your boy Lebron
Odom was good before the Lakers though. I'm not bashing Kobe. I like him. I'm sure he has helped developed certain teammates. But he does like to shoot. A lot. Sometimes regardless of whether there are other open teammates on the court. I agree that Wade used to be "the guy" to take the final shot, but that has not really been the case since their first year together. Lebron is a different player now.