I remember when people said that Bosh couldn't put up his old Toronto numbers...

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Re: I remember when people said that Bosh couldn't put up his old Toronto numbers...

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

The Russell Celtics and Reed Knicks started five future Hall Of Famers, so yeah, HOFERS can be role players...

That being said Chris was always a pretty big piece because he played both ways and there was nobody to spell him.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: I remember when people said that Bosh couldn't put up his old Toronto numbers...

Post by elmouse03 »

I think Bosh will average 22-24ppg and 10-11 maybe 12rpg. Maybe the starting PF for the East squad in the all star game.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

elmouse03 wrote:I think Bosh will average 22-24ppg and 10-11 maybe 12rpg. Maybe the starting PF for the East squad in the all star game.
Kevin love is putting up 17.5 and 15 right now....and that is playing with lebron....
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Thedictator wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:I think Bosh will average 22-24ppg and 10-11 maybe 12rpg. Maybe the starting PF for the East squad in the all star game.
Kevin love is putting up 17.5 and 15 right now....and that is playing with lebron....
ummmmmmmmmmmmm ok??????? :?
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

elmouse03 wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Just sayin 2nd/3rd option and putting up good numbers vs being the #1 option
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Thedictator wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Just sayin 2nd/3rd option and putting up good numbers vs being the #1 option
Love's first option numbers trumped Bosh's 1st option numbers when he was in Toronto. Love is a better passer then Bosh so I think his scoring will go down some. Maybe he averages like 18-20ppg 10-12rpg and 3+apg playing next to LeBron. He is the best outlet passer in the game today which will help.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:The Russell Celtics and Reed Knicks started five future Hall Of Famers, so yeah, HOFERS can be role players...

That being said Chris was always a pretty big piece because he played both ways and there was nobody to spell him.
He won't nearly be as effective on defense like he was the last 4yrs cause his offense is needed much more than before.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

rileymartin wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:Patty Mills is a role player. Bosh is an All Star.
All stars can also be role players. You're talking two extremes with that comparison as well.
Just out of curiosity, how many other 9 time all stars were just role players? If Bosh is just a role player, then so was Pippen.
Pip evolved into a superstar because his impact without MJ was duly noted, as he led the team in 4 major categories from the 3 position while being the team's best defensive player and ball handler.

Once I'm desktop, I'll answer that first question that u asked me a few posts ago.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Arguing whether or not Bosh was a "role player" or not is just semantics. Every player plays a roll for their teams, even the superstars do. Bosh was an absolutely necessary piece for a team that made four straight finals appearances, and before that he was an elite offensive player who posted a top 4 PER in the entire league. Bosh is/was always more then a traditional role player (i.e. mills, tony allen, cooper, etc) but he was never a superstar either
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

Bosh, top 5 PF in the game right now.

Only LeTards downplay and diminish Chris Bosh's game and production.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote:Arguing whether or not Bosh was a "role player" or not is just semantics. Every player plays a roll for their teams, even the superstars do. Bosh was an absolutely necessary piece for a team that made four straight finals appearances, and before that he was an elite offensive player who posted a top 4 PER in the entire league. Bosh is/was always more then a traditional role player (i.e. mills, tony allen, cooper, etc) but he was never a superstar either
2/10. Sorry Bro, but it made to much sense.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Da Stars. wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:Arguing whether or not Bosh was a "role player" or not is just semantics. Every player plays a roll for their teams, even the superstars do. Bosh was an absolutely necessary piece for a team that made four straight finals appearances, and before that he was an elite offensive player who posted a top 4 PER in the entire league. Bosh is/was always more then a traditional role player (i.e. mills, tony allen, cooper, etc) but he was never a superstar either
Sorry, I forgot my anger general manners...

Bosh iz a supastar that carried LeNeedstobecarried's steroid using ass to four final appearances, shaq couldnt even lead him to one. Bosh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shaq
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
Sorry, I forgot my anger general manners...

Bosh iz a supastar that carried LeNeedstobecarried's steroid using ass to four final appearances, shaq couldnt even lead him to one. Bosh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shaq
Ya well, every team has roll players, some greater than others. Every team has a system.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

rileymartin wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:Patty Mills is a role player. Bosh is an All Star.
All stars can also be role players. You're talking two extremes with that comparison as well.
Just out of curiosity, how many other 9 time all stars were just role players? If Bosh is just a role player, then so was Pippen.

ROFL at this fool comparing Bosh to a Top 20-25 player of all-time.

The stupidity from Heat fans never ends.

:L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

dunkan5rings wrote:Bosh, top 5 PF in the game right now.

This ^^^^
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:

This ^^^^
Just wondering, who are your top 5 pfs?
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

wailuaFC wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:

This ^^^^
Just wondering, who are your top 5 pfs?
Kwame, Randle, Scalabrine, Boozer, McBob
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

rileymartin wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
ripper76 wrote:
"A role player and nothing more."

Ouch.
Was he not a role player the Last 4 years? He certainly wasn't the leader nor the sidekick.
Well, you got the floor now kiddo. What are your thoughts on Bosh right now?
Couldn't get to my laptop but here are my rights on Bosh:

1. Bigger and stronger than in Toronto

2. More shooting range than in Toronto

3. Played a bit timid too many times over the last 2 seasons

4. At this point in his career, he's still pretty athletic to go along with being a skilled scorer so there's no reason why he can't be a better player now than ever before.

4. It'll be interesting to see just how far Miami goes if he truly takes/is given the lead role. He's not a 26/15 player but 24/10 is very realistic.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!