Kobe calls out this SOFT generation...(LeBron)

Talk about anything here.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Re: Kobe calls out this SOFT generation...(LeBron)

Post by FPL »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...7&city=chicago

Kobe on how the rules have changed the game:

"It's more of a finesse game," Bryant said before the Lakers played the Chicago Bulls on Monday. "It's more small ball, which, personally, I don't really care much for. I like kind of smash-mouth, old-school basketball because that's what I grew up watching. I also think it's much, much less physical. Some of the flagrant fouls that I see called nowadays, it makes me nauseous. You can't touch a guy without it being a flagrant foul."

Kobe on hand-checking:

"I like the contact," Bryant said. "As a defensive player, if you enjoy playing defense, that's what you want. You want to be able to put your hands on a guy. You want to be able to hand check a little bit. The truth is, it makes the game [where] players have to be more skillful. Nowadays, literally anybody can get out there and get to the basket and you can't touch anybody. Back then, if guys put their hands on you, you had to have the skill to be able to go both ways, change direction, post up, you had to have a mid-range game because you didn't want to go all the way to the basket because you would get knocked *** over tea kettle. So I think playing the game back then required much more skill."
Dude you're posting from your phone? Try out the Tapatalk app. As I explained to Arty:

Go to tapatalk.com and the link should be there to go to your phone's app store (iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone). The app is free. I think it asks you to make an account with them, so just do that (separate from your account here).

Once you've downloaded, launch the app, then in the forums tab click the plus to add a forum, and search for "Anger Sports". It should let you add it.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...7&city=chicago

"It's more of a finesse game," Bryant said before the Lakers played the Chicago Bulls on Monday. "It's more small ball, which, personally, I don't really care much for. I like kind of smash-mouth, old-school basketball because that's what I grew up watching. I also think it's much, much less physical. Some of the flagrant fouls that I see called nowadays, it makes me nauseous. You can't touch a guy without it being a flagrant foul."

Kobe on hand-checking:

"I like the contact," Bryant said. "As a defensive player, if you enjoy playing defense, that's what you want. You want to be able to put your hands on a guy. You want to be able to hand check a little bit. The truth is, it makes the game [where] players have to be more skillful. Nowadays, literally anybody can get out there and get to the basket and you can't touch anybody. Back then, if guys put their hands on you, you had to have the skill to be able to go both ways, change direction, post up, you had to have a mid-range game because you didn't want to go all the way to the basket because you would get knocked *** over tea kettle. So I think playing the game back then required much more skill."

Kobe confirming what many of us have been saying for quite some time.

More "supplementally enhanced" athleticism does not = more skilled or better.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

fpliii wrote:

Kobe on hand-checking:

Dude you're posting from your phone? Try out the Tapatalk app. As I explained to Arty:

Go to tapatalk.com and the link should be there to go to your phone's app store (iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone). The app is free. I think it asks you to make an account with them, so just do that (separate from your account here).

Once you've downloaded, launch the app, then in the forums tab click the plus to add a forum, and search for "Anger Sports". It should let you add it.
Dude I tried the tapatalk and I hated it. It is much better to just post in desktop view. I couldn't figure out how to quote or thank. MAybe I wasn't using it properly?
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:
fpliii wrote:

Kobe on hand-checking:

No, i'm on my laptop that's connected to my 39 inch tv, hoss.

You balling buddy
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

He's right, this is the softest generation ever. Players crying every time they are touched and they are rewarded for colluding, stacking teams, flopping, and PEDs ect...

The East is so bad that there's only 3 teams with winning records and we're almost halfway through the season.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Kobe is the last Alpha male in the NBA.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kobe knows what he's talking about right here
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

LOL...Kobe has benefited more than any superstar today from the rule changes.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kobe spot-on, as usual.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

..last of the mohicans...
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Kobe tore his Achilles and got a foul call.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

When has kobe played in a physical era? He grew up without the hand checking also. The entrie 2000's were weak like this.
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Kobe won back to back titles with a Euro. If anything softer basketball helped him more than any other.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Kobe spent a majority of his career in this "finesse" era. Why are we acting like Kobe played in the 80s?
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

kobe is right about flagrant fouls and the defensive players perspective on hand checking but wrong about everything else.

you aint that old yet kobe.. you've were stealing lebrons thunder for a while but let the young cats have their era.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Right on Kobe. Thanks for the good read.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

town bidness wrote:kobe is right about flagrant fouls and the defensive players perspective on hand checking but wrong about everything else.

you aint that old yet kobe.. you've were stealing lebrons thunder for a while but let the young cats have their era.
Of course he's right about everything else.
This cap/lose everything for the draft era BLOWS.
The 'young cats' have made the basketball boring. Teamwork and guile happens best with experience.
Instead, we have teams thick with cheap rookies who just don't ball.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Shill Jackson wrote:
town bidness wrote:kobe is right about flagrant fouls and the defensive players perspective on hand checking but wrong about everything else.

Of course he's right about everything else.
This cap/lose everything for the draft era BLOWS.
The 'young cats' have made the basketball boring. Teamwork and guile happens best with experience.
Instead, we have teams thick with cheap rookies who just don't ball.
i didnt read the entire story so what he may have said regarding the financial side is another story but i dont know how in the hell anyone sees the game as boring unless their team (like ours) sucks.

the overreaction to hard fouls is one thing but there isnt anything wrong with rookies of today that wasnt basically wrong with rookies in years past.... they're rookies.

that said, kobe knows more about the game than i do but what was quoted reads like typical sour grapes from a player one foot in retirement. just like my man paytons bitter ass the other day and those are two of my favorite players ever.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:

Kobe on hand-checking:

Kobe confirming what many of us have been saying for quite some time.

More "supplementally enhanced" athleticism does not = more skilled or better.

..yessir...
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

koME is right about this.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)