Total votes: 24

DorianRo
Superstar

Where do you rank Larry Bird All time?

Post by DorianRo »

Where you rank Bird all time?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Where do you rank Larry Bird All time?

Post by PhutureDynasty »

5 - 7 range.

Specifically at the 6 spot.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

at the bottom.

#10.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I don't rank players. But I don't think you can put him ahead of Russell, Jordan, Wilt, or Kareem.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

6th, after Magic.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

fpliii wrote:I don't rank players. But I don't think you can put him ahead of Russell, Jordan, Wilt, or Kareem.

..but you have established that Jordan/Russell - Russell/Jordan are your GOAT's, correct?
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

constitutionnomore wrote:
fpliii wrote:I don't rank players. But I don't think you can put him ahead of Russell, Jordan, Wilt, or Kareem.

..but you have established that Jordan/Russell - Russell/Jordan are your GOAT's, correct?
I guess so. I like the two guys in my avatar but I don't think they have the same case that Russ and Mike do (who are interchangeable).
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

After he won his first and only championship some clowns on the old ESPN boards were proclaiming Dirk to be better than Bird - but then they'd never put Dirk in their top 10.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

fpliii wrote:

I guess so. I like the two guys in my avatar but I don't think they have the same case that Russ and Mike do (who are interchangeable).

yeah, sometimes I will confuse yours and grizzs' top 2, in that he says Mike is the GOAT non-big and Russ is the GOAT big...I actually had that typed before I thought about it again...

ftr, I don't think anyone would argue that KAJ and Wilt are right behind them(with the exception of bidness)...
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

fpliii wrote:

yeah, sometimes I will confuse yours and grizzs' top 2, in that he says Mike is the GOAT non-big and Russ is the GOAT big...I actually had that typed before I thought about it again...

ftr, I don't think anyone would argue that KAJ and Wilt are right behind them(with the exception of bidness)...
That's fine too. I do think that Kareem and Wilt are the next two behind them, but there's definitely a legitimate gap IMO.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

fpliii wrote:
fpliii wrote: I guess so. I like the two guys in my avatar but I don't think they have the same case that Russ and Mike do (who are interchangeable).

That's fine too. I do think that Kareem and Wilt are the next two behind them, but there's definitely a legitimate gap IMO.

I would pay/sponsor for a Fpliii v Bidness debate on where KAJ rest in the top 10...and I mean big stacks too...

Image v Image
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

fpliii wrote:
fpliii wrote: I guess so. I like the two guys in my avatar but I don't think they have the same case that Russ and Mike do (who are interchangeable).

I have Russell, Wilt and Kareem 2-4.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

7-8.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

#5, behind Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Russell.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:Ahead of Lebron without hesitation.
Oh that's bold of you (rolls eyes).
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

If Russell played in todays game he'd be another Bimack Biyombo. You can't even consider player before 1985 imo. lol at a player in the 1950's being considered GOAT.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

CleveTown™ wrote:

If Russell played in todays game he'd be another Bimack Biyombo. You can't even consider player before 1985 imo. lol at a player in the 1950's being considered GOAT.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. IMO all stars who came into the league post-shotclock would be able to succeed, though obviously some would need at least a full summer and training camp to get used to today's league/game. I respect your opinion but I think Russ would dominate in any era:
[youtube]JWelUNrJUMM[/youtube]
[youtube]SF22xiRxHv8[/youtube]
[youtube]Zod87fjoyv0[/youtube]
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

4,5, or 6.

1. Jordan

Gap

2. Kareem
smaller gap
3-6. Magic, Wilt, Russell, Bird(no order)

The players in that tier are so close, that I would agree with any order they are put in. Same with the next tier of 7-10.
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I approve of this thread.

#6 is the non-homer correct answer. He's rightfully behind MJ, Kareem, Bill, Wilt and his good friend Magic.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~