How come nobody is talking about the refs tonight?

Talk about anything here.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

How come nobody is talking about the refs tonight?

Post by ripper76 »

Clippers 40 free throw attempts to 20 for the Heat?

Wow. If it was the other way around people would be going nuts.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: How come nobody is talking about the refs tonight?

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Regular season doesn't matter.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Regular season doesn't matter.
That's true but usually it's a topic that comes up.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Clippers get all their points in the paint and have the most fouled player in the league.

The only time the heat are in the paint are on Lebron's drives.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

Finally tally was 42-26, including the 6 attempts for the Heat when the Clippers were intentionally fouling.

I thought it was a pretty fairly called game overall though.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

ROFL at Heat fans getting worked up over a meaningless regular season game...

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

ripper76 wrote:Clippers 40 free throw attempts to 20 for the Heat?

Yea, but it is WHEN the fouls were called that really matters. The refs were rigging for the cHeat tonight.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

rileymartin wrote:
ripper76 wrote:Clippers 40 free throw attempts to 20 for the Heat?

Yea, but it is WHEN the fouls were called that really matters. The refs were rigging for the cHeat tonight.
Good point.

Another rig job for the Heat.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

cHeat fans complaining about the refs.

Classic.

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

dwcmwa wrote:cHeat fans complaining about the refs.

Classic.
Try and keep up there Corky.

cHeat fans were complaining that the refs were FAVORING the Heat.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Didn't watch much of the game... but a couple of stats pop out at me that might explain some of the slight disparity:

The Heat took 31 three pointers. Only 47 two point shots.
The Clippers had 21 more rebounds...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Didn't watch much of the game... but a couple of stats pop out at me that might explain some of the slight disparity:

Miami only took 6 more 3 than the Clips, and 8 more overall.

However, Miami was charged with 8 more fouls, and, that was with the clippers intentionally fouling the last couple minutes of the games.

There was nothing wrong with the officiating tonight, but, it simply illustrates that just because a team gets more free throws than the other, it doesn't automatically mean rig job.

In the playoffs, if the Heat get more free throws it is a rig job. And, in the playoffs if the Heat get less free throws people still claim rig job becaue of WHEN the fouls are called lol.

We have been in a "pointing out hypocricy" mode these last couple of days, and Bulls fans are struggling with it.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

rileymartin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Didn't watch much of the game... but a couple of stats pop out at me that might explain some of the slight disparity:

However, Miami was charged with 8 more fouls, and, that was with the clippers intentionally fouling the last couple minutes of the games.

There was nothing wrong with the officiating tonight, but, it simply illustrates that just because a team gets more free throws than the other, it doesn't automatically mean rig job.

In the playoffs, if the Heat get more free throws it is a rig job. And, in the playoffs if the Heat get less free throws people still claim rig job becaue of WHEN the fouls are called lol.

We have been in a "pointing out hypocricy" mode these last couple of days, and Bulls fans are struggling with it.

All I know is that a team with 52 rebounds vs. the team with 31 rebounds... and the team that shoots 61 shots closer to the basket (not counting fouls) than the team who shoots 47 of them... MIGHT get more free throw calls. Sometimes.

I don't care to participate in any Bulls vs. Heat reindeer game.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Stop with the rationale, it doesn't work.

If one team shoots more free throws than the other, it is an obvious rig job.

All I know is that a team with 52 rebounds vs. the team with 31 rebounds... and the team that shoots 61 shots closer to the basket (not counting fouls) than the team who shoots 47 of them... MIGHT get more free throw calls. Sometimes.

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Stop with the rationale, it doesn't work.

If one team shoots more free throws than the other, it is an obvious rig job.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

All I saw was the Heat improve their record to 14 or is it 15-3 against the vaunted West.

And before some genius says that's because Western teams tire from playing one another ,they get up for playing the champs, kind of like arty,when one of the trans women he always posts photos of walks in the room.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

WiseGuy wrote:All I saw was the Heat improve their record to 14 or is it 15-3 against the vaunted West.

And before some genius says that's because Western teams tire from playing one another ,they get up for playing the champs, kind of like arty,when one of the trans women he always posts photos of walks in the room.
Yea, but the Heat only play the West once in a while. If they played a full schedule they would probably be an 8 seed.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

rileymartin wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:All I saw was the Heat improve their record to 14 or is it 15-3 against the vaunted West.

Yea, but the Heat only play the West once in a while. If they played a full schedule they would probably be an 8 seed.
That's counteracted by the fact those teams get up for playing the champs. They only play the champs twice a year. The Heat defend their championship eighty two times a year.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

dwcmwa wrote:cHeat fans complaining about the refs.

Classic.
Me "complaining" about the refs: "I thought it was a pretty fairly called game overall though."

bulls troll complaining about the refs: "Oh my god why is the NBA rigging for the cHeat??? How much help does LeChoker need!??"