Laker fans had to love seeing Mike Brown

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Laker fans had to love seeing Mike Brown

Post by Repeat3peat »

Coaching the other team.

I see more now why you fellas couldn't stand the guy.

Tonight.... with 3:32 left in the game and the Lakers down to their last five "eligible" players Robert Sacre fouled out. Per NBA rules he had to stay in the game because you are not allowed to play with 4 players...... BUT..... any subsequent fouls on Sacre would have automatically resulted in a technical foul against the Lakers.

Sacre was guarding Anderson Verajao.......did the guy even touch the ball from that point on...?Not that I saw....

smfh
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: Laker fans had to love seeing Mike Brown

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bro. He's a defensive coach.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Laker fans had to love seeing Mike Brown

Post by lettherebehouse »

On the contrary. I liked Mike Brown a lot. I thought he was hosed unnecessarily the first time he was fired in Cleveland (1 year after winning COY). I liked him in LA as a stand up guy, who's work ethic and time spent was as relentless as any coach you'll ever find in the league. Came from obscurity, moved up the ranks on his own merit rather than name recognization. His time here, he just ran into unfortunate luck with injury, and wasn't given enough time or pieces to overcome them in just one strike shortened season that saw no preseason to acclimate.

I've always wished Brown success after being fired out of LA. It pains some of us to see him struggling like this, not as a fan of the Lakers, but as a fan of wanting to see one of the 'good guys' around the league do well.