Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: BushForever, are you an evolutionist or young creationis

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Stuff
So, basically you don't know and admit you don't know?

Thank you. That's all I was getting at.

No, I gave an answer. An estimate is the only answer that can be given.

Now, since you seem to think a perfect, up-to-the-minute answer is required lest I be incorrect, I'll ask you once again.

How old is the Earth? I'll even allow you to give it a +/- 100 year window.

Ready? GO!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Robceltsfan wrote:
No, a correct answer can be given, since there are only two possibilities for any answer: correct or incorrect.

Something that IS not known, is not the same thing as something that CANNOT be known.

By the way, do you still use leeches when you are sick? The scientific Priest class recommended this in the old days.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
No, a correct answer can be given, since there are only two possibilities for any answer: correct or incorrect.

Something that IS not known, is not the same thing as something that CANNOT be known.

By the way, do you still use leeches when you are sick? The scientific Priest class recommended this in the old days.

Five responses........five avoidances.

When I was 19 my thumb on my right hand had to be reconnected to my hand (it was severed in an accident). After the reattachment the staff used LEECHES to inhibit blood flow and release an anticoagulant into my thumb. So yes, the use of leeches is still done in modern medicine and rightfully so.

And you have still yet to give me the "correct" answer to how old the Earth is. Any chance I'll get a response on that, or are you simply going to troll me all morning?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Stuff

Now, since you seem to think a perfect, up-to-the-minute answer is required lest I be incorrect, I'll ask you once again.

Ready? GO!
Dude, it's very simple.

1. God has all of available information.
2. We can only get information from god. Without god, we get no information.
3. All information from god is true.
4. Since all the information we get from god is true, the bible is true.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

So, they still do doo doo transplants.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-profe ... -cure-rate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that's a non sequitur. I just wanted to throw it in.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:

Ready? GO!
Dude, it's very simple.

That 4-step logic process is your answer? Then ask God how old the Earth is please. Bush won't answer me.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Robceltsfan wrote:
And you have still yet to give me the "correct" answer to how old the Earth is. Any chance I'll get a response on that, or are you simply going to troll me all morning?
Why are you so rude?

I am attempting to have a conversation about this.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Ready? GO!
Dude, it's very simple.

That 4-step logic process is your answer? Then ask God how old the Earth is please. Bush won't answer me.
It's in the bible. Just ask god yourself. Pick up a book and read for a change.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Why are you so rude?

I am attempting to have a conversation about this.

Rude is to avoid answering a question that has been asked several times. It's something I must remind my 6 year-old of on a regular basis. I am happy to have an intelligent discord on this topic with no curse words and no name calling. So I'll simply ask one more time.

How old is the Earth?

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Rude is to avoid answering a question that has been asked several times. It's something I must remind my 6 year-old of on a regular basis. I am happy to have an intelligent discord on this topic with no curse words and no name calling. So I'll simply ask one more time.

How old is the Earth?
Okay. The correct answer is 6,000 years old.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Dude, it's very simple.

It's in the bible. Just ask god yourself. Pick up a book and read for a change.

I've read the Bible and not once have I ever seen a date of Earth's creation. Please reference me to the page/paragraph/line in any of the great many versions of the Bible that discusses the date/time period of Earth's creation.

Thanks in advance.

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

How old is the Earth?

Thank you. Now, if it's not too much to ask, please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

p.s. Saying "God told me" or "it's in the Bible" are not valid responses. I'd like an empirical answer only please.

~George Carlin~
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

How old is the Earth?

Thank you. Now, if it's not too much to ask, please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

p.s. Saying "God told me" or "it's in the Bible" are not valid responses. I'd like an empirical answer only please.
Uh...yes it is. Everything from the bible is god's word, everything god says is true, god's word in the bible always true.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Robceltsfan wrote:

So now addition is off the table?

It is pretty simple. You start from the first person, and then add up all the ages.

When you do this in the OT, starting from Adam, you get 6,000.

Please note that IF you reject addition as being valid, you MUST (logically) reject that your 4.5 billion estimate is not on solid ground as well, since it uses addition in its estimates (and other maths).
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:

Uh...yes it is. Everything from the bible is god's word, everything god says is true, god's word in the bible always true.

Again I'll ask:

Please point me to the page/paragraph/line in any version of the Bible that explains how old the Earth is. Thanks.

~George Carlin~
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Re: Bush, are you an evolutionist or young earth creationist

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Today's word is obscurantism.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

So now addition is off the table?

It is pretty simple. You start from the first person, and then add up all the ages.

When you do this in the OT, starting from Adam, you get 6,000.

Please note that IF you reject addition as being valid, you MUST (logically) reject that your 4.5 billion estimate is not on solid ground as well, since it uses addition in its estimates (and other maths).

It was through Mose's recollection that those figures were derived (from the age/date of Adam's "creation"). Now I know, I know, Mose's was a prophet who spoke God's word and thus must be speaking the truth, so his figures must be accurate. Why are there dinosaur bones everywhere? Did God put them there simply to create a job for Archeologists? What do you think about Carbon Dating and the idea that physical features of the Earth have been transforming over the course of millions and millions of years?

You guys simply believe what a book says and stop searching for answers there? That is amazingly short-sighted and uninteresting.

~George Carlin~
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Again I'll ask:

Please point me to the page/paragraph/line in any version of the Bible that explains how old the Earth is. Thanks.
I'm not here to spoon feed you information. That's what sheep scientists do. If you want your explanations, go back to your science books. Just like Bush said, add up the years, and god will tell you. Hell, god already told you through Bush, when he said 6,000 years old (although, it might be up to 10,000 years old, some biblical scholars say).
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Robceltsfan wrote:
You guys simply believe what a book says and stop searching for answers there? That is amazingly short-sighted and uninteresting.
The truth is often "uninteresting".

2+2 = 4 isn't interesting. But it is still true.

I didn't realize the truth value of claims is related to how sexy the claim is.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:

Again I'll ask:

I'm not here to spoon feed you information. That's what sheep scientists do. If you want your explanations, go back to your science books. Just like Bush said, add up the years, and god will tell you. Hell, god already told you through Bush, when he said 6,000 years old (although, it might be up to 10,000 years old, some biblical scholars say).

Well which is it? Mose's word is infallible as God's word is infallible. Amirite?

~George Carlin~