Prehistoric village found in downtown Miami

Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Prehistoric village found in downtown Miami

Post by elartman1973 »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/03/3 ... ntown.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Linda Geary of the Archaeological and Historical Conservancy works on the removal of soil at the site of the MetSquare dig to expose the foundation of the historical Tequesta Indian structures that stood there. C.W. GRIFFIN / MIAMI HERALD STAFFFullsize Buy Photoprevious | nextImage 1 of 5

BY ANDRES VIGLUCCI

AVIGLUCCI@MIAMIHERALD.COM

Archaeologists who for months have been uncovering mounting evidence of an ancient and extensive Native American village in the middle of downtown Miami have concluded it’s likely one of the most significant prehistoric sites in the United States.The archaeologists, under the direction of veteran South Florida archaeologist Bob Carr, have so far painstakingly dug up eight large circles comprised of uniformly carved holes in the native limestone that they believe to be foundation holes for Tequesta Indian dwellings dating as far back as 2,000 yearsRead more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/03/3 ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Prehistoric village found in downtown Miami

Post by kobeunderbite »

When will Diagon Alley be open?

True story, I hooked up with a hired Hermione look alike back when the original park first opened right after I graduated grad school in 2010. There were crazy parties going on after the park hours stopped. Harry Potter fetish shit.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote:When will Diagon Alley be open?

True story, I hooked up with a hired Hermione look alike back when the original park first opened right after I graduated grad school in 2010. There were crazy parties going on after the park hours stopped. Harry Potter fetish shit.
Opens this summer..its more bad ass than you can imagine..ive been out there for seven months and still discover new areas and rooms every day...
The old part that you went to is cool and more spread out..Diagon alley is more compact but has a lot more going on...more retail outlets by far though

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

elartman1973 wrote:

Opens this summer..its more bad ass than you can imagine..ive been out there for seven months and still discover new areas and rooms every day...
The old part that you went to is cool and more spread out..Diagon alley is more compact but has a lot more going on...more retail outlets by far though
Smart on their part... will there be any rides?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

Smart on their part... will there be any rides?
Yeah..there is an inside roller coaster..kinda like thunder mountain railroad meets space mountain...and there is also the train that goes between the two potter lands..the windows are all large flat screen moniters that will show the english countryside..the train is actually elevated and goes through the backstage area of universal...theres the bank..nocturnal alley..the grimuads facade..the coaster..the train station and lots more..
Its much better contrived than the last one

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Sounds incredibly epic. Will there be a dragon element to the bank? And that evil shop in nocturn alley?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

The thing is that even if they build a middle earth theme park one day it will pale in comparison to being there in New Zealand... like a cheap knockoff.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote:Sounds incredibly epic. Will there be a dragon element to the bank? And that evil shop in nocturn alley?
Yeah..there is a.dragon that goes on top of the bank..its huge and casts a.shadow over the whole area..it is currently being worked on in merrit island..the wing was sagging so some of my crew went to work on it last weekend..i was working with creative last week to measure how far its fire breath reaches..he will be spitting fire down towards the crowds but we made sure its at a safe distance..but you will definitely feel the heat

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Sounds inaccurate... Harry escaped on the dragon which flew quickly out of the bank without looking back... I don't think it ever directed fire back at the bank or had its body turned towards it. You should bring this up with your superiors.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote:Sounds inaccurate... Harry escaped on the dragon which flew quickly out of the bank without looking back... I don't think it ever directed fire back at the bank or had its body turned towards it. You should bring this up with your superiors.
Its not my problem..i dont watch the movies so i dont know or care..im just there to collect the paycheck and teach the lesser scenics how to do their jobs according to the samples..allan gilmore who was the art director on all the movies is the one in charge and the one who approves all the moves.as.well as Paul who.was the head scenic on all the movies and flies back and forth from london every few weeks.and im sure all has been gone over specifically..perhaps the ride showcases the dragin escape you speak of..

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Probably doing Avatar land next..at Animal Kingdom..look for it to open in 2017.. I should be an epic experience and they will have the floating islands as well...not sure how it will be done yet...i wanted to get out of the industry until i found out about it..but i think it will be a great experience to work on it so i will wait

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'm sure they just don't give a shit about staying true to the source material... which is why the franchise is second rate and Lord of the Rings is world class... you can visit every area from the movie untouched, as it was seen in the films and as god created it.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Avatar sucks... saw it once while I was stoned and was not impressed.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote:Avatar sucks... saw it once while I was stoned and was not impressed.
Yeah it was a dumb movie but the sets are pretty cool and will be fun to recreate..

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Is there anything so unique about it? Just foresty kind of stuff I thought... not so special. At least with Harry Potter there are landmarks to re-create.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote:Is there anything so unique about it? Just foresty kind of stuff I thought... not so special. At least with Harry Potter there are landmarks to re-create.
I like forests and rocks and stuff..im more of the organic scenic pwinter..which is why aging and distressing and defaying the budings at harry potter are right up my alley