Low IQ linked with conservative ideology, study shows

Talk about anything here.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Low IQ linked with conservative ideology, study shows

Post by Ghostown42 »

"There is reason to believe that strict right-wing ideology might appeal to those who have trouble grasping the complexity of the world."

"'Socially conservative ideologies tend to offer structure and order,' Hodson said, explaining why these beliefs might draw those with low intelligence."

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intell ... acism.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: Low IQ linked with conservative ideology, study shows

Post by CleveTown™ »

Written a gay c*ck sucking fag liberal no doubt
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

CleveTown™ wrote:Written a gay c*ck sucking fag liberal no doubt
Actually, a collection of scientists, but call them what you will.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Ghostown42 wrote:
most scientists support the liberal gay agenda.
January 7th. (D)
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
most scientists support the liberal gay agenda.
You're not helping prove it wrong...
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

if you consider the source who wrote it then you know they have a slanted bias which makes it null and void
January 7th. (D)
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

CleveTown™ wrote:if you consider the source who wrote it then you know they have a slanted bias which makes it null and void
Live Science has a liberal bias?
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

This is old hat, first posited by JS Mill:

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

It is an unfortunate fact that we easily dismiss people with whom we disagree, often simply by calling them stupid. It happens on all sides of every ideology; if you disagree with me, it must be because you are either dumb or evil (or, more likely, both.)

There are conservative intellectuals, and there are liberal intellectuals. And there are conservative idiots, and there are liberal idiots. Any attempt to definitively link intrinsic intelligence to either side is nothing more than politics.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

You should go to bed. Don't you have some impoverished Koreans to teach the ABCs to?
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

americaninfidel wrote:This is old hat, first posited by JS Mill:

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

It is an unfortunate fact that we easily dismiss people with whom we disagree, often simply by calling them stupid. It happens on all sides of every ideology; if you disagree with me, it must be because you are either dumb or evil (or, more likely, both.)

There are conservative intellectuals, and there are liberal intellectuals. And there are conservative idiots, and there are liberal idiots. Any attempt to definitively link intrinsic intelligence to either side is nothing more than politics.
No doubt. You'd never hear me say that all conservatives are stupid. I know plenty of conservatives who are smarter than me. I wouldn't call myself conservative at all. I do agree with conservatives on some fiscal issues, though.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

It's not true, because the bible told me so
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Ghostown42 wrote:

No doubt. You'd never hear me say that all conservatives are stupid. I know plenty of conservatives who are smarter than me. I wouldn't call myself conservative at all. I do agree with conservatives on some fiscal issues, though.
Ghost, I doubt you and I agree on much, but I have to admit that I find you to be a pretty reasonable guy.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

americaninfidel wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:

Ghost, I doubt you and I agree on much, but I have to admit that I find you to be a pretty reasonable guy.
Why thank you, AI, (can I call you AI?) I bet we agree on more than you think. And you seem more than reasonable to me.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Ghostown42 wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Why thank you, AI, (can I call you AI?) I bet we agree on more than you think. And you seem more than reasonable to me.
You certainly may (call me AI), and perhaps you are right about what we agree on.