Talk about anything here.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Re: Derrick Rose is retiring

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:54 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:45 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:33 pm

"Data" comprised of made-up (arbitrary and random) numbers/formulas designed to yield a "guess", not a fact... meaning flawed data (sometimes extremely).

Anyone who knows the game KNOWS that measuring greatness based (almost soley) on these fake-stats (as you do) is an exercise in futilty. Case in point... look at where your hero Bill Russell ranks in some of the most common fake-stats that you/bush love to tout when comparing other players:

TS%: Russell doesn't even rank Top 250 all-time
PER: 118th all-time
WS: 20th all-time
WS/48: 31st all-time

But that doesn't stop you from foolishly calling Russell the GOAT... and that's because you like to cherry-pick your argument/criteria based on the player/s in question, rather than use a universal criteria for all players to measure them equally. Instead, you'll give Russell all the credit in the world for his Defense (even though his Offense sucked) and at the same time you'll drool all over yourself about LeFraud's Offense yet ignore the fact that he's been a a subpar Defender for the past decade (and a Defensive liabilty the past 5 years).

You're not consistent or intellectually honest... because you don't know the game.

Now get mad.
I am always consistent.
Yeah, consistently INconsistent... and I highlighted just one (1) example in my previous post (ie; drooling over Russ' Defense and giving his Offense a free pass, then in the same breath drooling over LeFraud's Offense while giving his Defense a free pass).

You're problem is an inflated head/ego. Every now and then pull on the plug and let a little of that hot air ooze out of your head so you can come back down to earth.

:asskicking:
I did none of those things. You just make it up as you go along. I rebut your arguments, then you change them. It's what you always do. You're a sad little man TDK, reliving your "Glory Days", whatever those were, and unable to appreciate greatness outside of a tightly defined window. While you aren't technically in the age bracket, you epitomize "Boomer".
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

First 4 seasons:

Derrick Rose - 21 / 3.8 /6.8 / 46.4%
Ja Morant - 22.4 / 4.8 / 7.4 / 47.2%

:mjlaugh:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Banchero already better than prime rose
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:55 pm He didn't win shit pre-injury, injured, or post-injury. He had the equivalent of one good season, and roughly two okay ones.

The ultimate badass, according to Chicago Boomers.

lol
Rose WAS a badass before the injury, bushy... anyone with a BB IQ above 10 knows this. Individually he won ROY, was selected to 3 All Star games (during his first 4 seasons), and won MVP in his 3rd year (took LeFraud 6 years - lol). Team-wise he made the Playoffs every year (took LeFraud 3 years - lolol), and he led his Bulls to the best record in the NBA two straight seasons.

Any objective fan knows Rose was headed for super-stardom, regardless of what your fake-stats and graphs might suggest.

:lol: :roll: :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:11 pm First 4 seasons:

Derrick Rose - 21 / 3.8 /6.8 / 46.4%
Ja Morant - 22.4 / 4.8 / 7.4 / 47.2%

:mjlaugh:
Are you laughing at Ja Morant or Rose... not sure what is your point?

All I know is Rose made the Playoffs his first 4 years (while it took your hero LeFraud 3 years), and D. Rose was MVP in his 3rd year (took LeFraud 6 years).

Now THAT is funny.

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Rose never was able to control his speed. He never fully put it together.
Was overrated as fuck and didn't deserve the mvp. Plus he was a pizza face

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:59 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:45 pm
I am always consistent.
Yeah, consistently INconsistent... and I highlighted just one (1) example in my previous post (ie; drooling over Russ' Defense and giving his Offense a free pass, then in the same breath drooling over LeFraud's Offense while giving his Defense a free pass).

You're problem is an inflated head/ego. Every now and then pull on the plug and let a little of that hot air ooze out of your head so you can come back down to earth.

I did none of those things. You just make it up as you go along. I rebut your arguments, then you change them. It's what you always do. You're a sad little man TDK, reliving your "Glory Days", whatever those were, and unable to appreciate greatness outside of a tightly defined window. While you aren't technically in the age bracket, you epitomize "Boomer".
You have excused/overlooked/ignored Russell's shitty Offense / LeBron's shitty Defense for years... and the fact that you're going to deny it just shows that you're willing to straight-up lie to avoid being poven wrong.

As noted: Deflate some of that hot air from your head already, meatball. You are faaaaaar from perfect AND you're nowhere near as knowledgeable about hoops as you think you are. In fact, I'd give you a 4.5 rating out of 10.

Now get madder.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:55 pm
Rose WAS a badass before the injury, bushy.
He literally shot 37 and 35 percent during his BEST year of basketball in the playoffs in two of the three series he played (and only had 45/29/79 shooting splits in the other).

That's not even drunk Iverson level.

No rings (at any point)
3 playoff series wins over a 15 year career (only two pre-injury)
Complete emasculation in the playoffs in the one good year he had, by a man *you* claim is a beta male.

Keep it in perspective homie. lol
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

I was happy for him and his 50 point game as a timberwolf...the highlight of his career

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:08 pm

You have excused/overlooked/ignored Russell's shitty Offense / LeBron's shitty Defense for years... and the fact that you're going to deny it just shows that you're willing to straight-up lie to avoid being poven wrong.

As noted: Deflate some of that hot air from your head already, meatball. You are faaaaaar from perfect AND you're nowhere near as knowledgeable about hoops as you think you are. In fact, I'd give you a 4.5 rating out of 10.

Now get madder.
Again, you make it up as you go along. Russell's offense wasn't shitty. It just wasn't what made him great. He was a way above average passer, offensive rebounder and could score when it was required. He scored 30 (along with 40 rebounds) in the first great series against the Lakers in GAME 7, a game the Celtics won by 2.

Your pretending that LeBron has been a defensive sieve most of his career is freaking nonsense and not even worth responding to. It's just more cognitive bias that you don't recognize.

I'm never the one that gets upset in these discussions TDK. It's you. You put a big chunk of your ego and self worth in really stupid stuff (Chicago, the 90s, it's athletes...) so that when these are questioned, you can't help but get emotionally involved. Beyond that, you are just projecting your own insecurity.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:10 pm
He literally shot 37 and 35 percent during his BEST year of basketball in the playoffs in two of the three series he played (and only had 45/29/79 shooting splits in the other).

No rings (at any point)
Complete emasculation in the playoffs in the one good year he had, by a man *you* claim is a beta male.

Playoff shooting splits (first 4 seasons):

D. Rose: 43%/26%/83% (4 Playoff appearances)
LeFraud: 44%/30%/75% (2 Playoff appearances)

Bush = owned again.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:28 pm temper tantrum
Why not just look at how they compared when they competed directly against each other, dingus?

We don't have to guess at anything.

That's why 2011 was so hilarious and why you ran and hide from the board for a month after that series concluded.

It popped the delusion bubble that MVP = top player and the idea that Rose was an upper-tier player as opposed to simply being the top scorer on a loaded team.

The HIGHEST Rose ever got as a player was in 2011, where he was maybe the 7th or so best player in the NBA.

And he did that for ONE season, in a career that spanned from 2009 through 2024.

Rose made a lot of money, and good for him, but objectively, he did not have a top 500 NBA career.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:19 pm

Now get madder.
Again, you make it up as you go along. Russell's offense wasn't shitty. It just wasn't what made him great. He was a way above average passer, offensive rebounder and could score when it was required. He scored 30 (along with 40 rebounds) in the first great series against the Lakers in GAME 7, a game the Celtics won by 2.

Your pretending that LeBron has been a defensive sieve most of his career is freaking nonsense and not even worth responding to. It's just more cognitive bias that you don't recognize.

I'm never the one that gets upset in these discussions TDK. It's you. You put a big chunk of your ego and self worth in really stupid stuff (Chicago, the 90s, it's athletes...) so that when these are questioned, you can't help but get emotionally involved. Beyond that, you are just projecting your own insecurity.
"Center" Bill Russell's TS% (one of your go-to stats when evaluating other players) = not even in the Top 300 all-time... yet "his Offense wasn't shitty", says grizz.

Spoiler:
:lol: at you repeatedly slurping that one (1) good Scoring game he had, in an effort to try and pretend Russell wasn't an Offensive liability.
...and yes, LeFraud's Defense has been subpar for almost half his career, and pure garbage since he joined the Lakers. This fact has been widely known and accepted by the NBA community. In fact, there have been countless clips and quotes posted on this very board (over the years) to back up the assertion.

Bottom line: You are woefully inconsistent with how you rate/evaluate players. Everyone on the board knows this (even though most won't admit it because they know you're sensitive and don't want to hurt your feewings. TDK doesn't care though... I'll call a spade a spade when it's appropriate).

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:28 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:10 pm

No rings (at any point)

Playoff shooting splits (first 4 seasons):

D. Rose: 43%/26%/83% (4 Playoff appearances)
LeFraud: 44%/30%/75% (2 Playoff appearances)

Bush = owned again.
How ridiculously disingenuous. You can't make this shit up. LeBron literally carried a very mediocre team to the finals with a crazy good performance at key times against the Pistons in his 4th season. Rose was getting his shit pushed in. You're a caricature without even realizing it.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Bill Russell's TS+ was almost dead-on average for his era.

TS+ is the correct statistic if you want to make cross-era comparisons, not strict TS.

Michael Jordan's TS+ for his Bulls career was 108.

That's roughly where Jimmy Butler has been the last four years or so, on-average.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

The BWGC is getting destroyed to the point where they're deflecting, changing goal-posts and making excuses like a little kid who just got busted with his hand in the cookie jar right before dinner.

:lol:

Priceless.

TDK's work here is done.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:40 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:19 pm

Now get madder.

"Center" Bill Russell's TS% (one of your go-to stats when evaluating other players) = not even in the Top 300 all-time... yet "his Offense wasn't shitty", says grizz.

Spoiler:
:lol: at you repeatedly slurping that one (1) good Scoring game he had, in an effort to try and pretend Russell wasn't an Offensive liability.
...and yes, LeFraud's Defense has been subpar for almost half his career, and pure garbage since he joined the Lakers. This fact has been widely known and accepted by the NBA community. In fact, there have been countless clips and quotes posted on this very board (over the years) to back up the assertion.

Bottom line: You are woefully inconsistent with how you rate/evaluate players. Everyone on the board knows this (even though most won't admit it because they know you're sensitive and don't want to hurt your feewings. TDK doesn't care though... I'll call a spade a spade when it's appropriate).
Again, making it up as you go along with a serious dose of cognitive bias. You said Russell was a shitty offensive player. Was he great. No. Did I ever claim he was? He was top 10 in assists multiple times in his career. Even his shooting percentage was top 10 several times, so relative to era, it wasn't bad. But what made him so great was his defensive impact, which dwarfs anyone else in overall impact.

As far as LeBron, you keep repeating the same nonsense will never make it true. The data just doesn't support the contention, especially on floor/off floor stats. Those can be very misleading in small samples, but over large samples (seasons), they are extremely unlikely to be misleading.

I'll give you this TDK. You are extremely consistent. Extremely consistent in having an absurdly high level of cognitive bias. This is just another in thousands of threads here that prove that point.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:49 pm The BWGC is getting destroyed to the point where they're deflecting, changing goal-posts and making excuses like a little kid who just got busted with his hand in the cookie jar right before dinner.

:lol:

Priceless.

TDK's work here is done.
You thinking you've "won" is what is priceless.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK running away in fear when the discussion elevates beyond barber-shop talk.

In other news, its a day ending in y.

lmbao
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Tdk is clearly on drugs.
This pattern has been obvious for years