Derrick Rose is retiring

Talk about anything here.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Re: Derrick Rose is retiring

Post by Shill Jackson »

ElJorge wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:34 am
Shill Jackson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:31 am Not a chance he’d be the face.
Completely unable to handle the media attention.
That’s a good point, actually. He was very autistic or had some kind of social awkwardness going on.
He makes Kwahi seem talkative
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Rose was a terrible leader. Completely incapable of the job. In fact he was so bad that joakim had to be the leader...fucking joakim
Plus thibs is a bitch

Smh
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

Shill Jackson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:39 am
ElJorge wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:34 am
Shill Jackson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:31 am Not a chance he’d be the face.
Completely unable to handle the media attention.
That’s a good point, actually. He was very autistic or had some kind of social awkwardness going on.
He makes Kwahi seem talkative
FWIW I wouldn’t like the media scrutiny either. I’d most likely stay off social media entirely. Sometimes I’m not sure how these guys handle it… but then I remember they’re paid millions and have groupie hoes.

:dirk:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:36 am
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:33 am Crazy how much cognitive bias rules TDK, no matter what the subject. He's actually probably worse than Artie. Just nuts.
I stated nothing but facts ITT, meatball... besides, you're a Canadian Cuck so you know nothing about hoops. Stick to discussing Hockey, Ice Fishing and Moose Hunting.
Dude, I've buried you in too many hoops discussions to even count. And Bush has beaten you down worse than I have, and more often. You know virtually nothing about hoops and prove it on the regular.

You know even less about cognitive bias, because if you did, you would most just STFU rather than pollute the board with every type of nonsense imaginable.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:43 am
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:33 am Crazy how much cognitive bias rules TDK, no matter what the subject. He's actually probably worse than Artie. Just nuts.
I stated nothing but facts ITT, meatball... besides, you're a Canadian Cuck so you know nothing about hoops. Stick to discussing Hockey, Ice Fishing and Moose Hunting.
Dude, I've buried you in too many hoops discussions to even count.
"LeBron James was 100% responsible for the 21-win improvement of the 2009 Cavs"... is meatball's idea of "buried you in hoops discussions".

:lol: :roll: :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:48 am

"LeBron James was 100% responsible for the 21-win improvement of the 2009 Cavs"... is meatball's idea of "buried you in hoops discussions".

More threads that I buried you in, even though you are resorting to completely twisting what I said. It's all you are ever left with.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

If I was a pro fighter or baller, I would just use twitter to post random nonsense and jokes, ala Paulo Costa:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:49 am

More threads that I buried you in, even though you are resorting to completely twisting what I said. It's all you are ever left with.
Sure... and my dad is stronger than your dad.

:lol:

In other words your empty rhetoric isn't fooling anyone.

You rely almost exclusively on made-up stats as your evidence/arguments... proving that you never played the sport AND that you have a limited knowledge of the intracacies of the game; resulting in you very often riding on bush's "fake stat" coat-tails, so as to try and convince yourself that you have a clue.

But you don't...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:57 am

You rely almost exclusively on made-up stats as your evidence/arguments... proving that you never played the sport AND that you have a limited knowledge of the intracacies of the game; resulting in you very often riding on bush's "fake stat" coat-tails, so as to try and convince yourself that you have a clue.

But you don't...
I understand data TDK. So does Bush. You are too entrenched in cognitive bias to accept what is often obvious and you also aren't bright enough to understand statistics, probability distributions etc.

I am virtually certain I've played more organized hoops than you have. I doubt you even know the difference between going under or over a screen. It is obvious you played virtually no organized sports of any kind, be it football, hoops, hockey or whatever. You live a life of 'pretend' TDK. You fool very few.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Ja Morant is the superior version of Derricka Rosie, and has the same reckless playstyle lol
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:57 amSure... and my dad is stronger than your dad.
Lol
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:04 pm

But you don't...
I understand data
"Data" comprised of made-up (arbitrary and random) numbers/formulas designed to yield a "guess", not a fact... meaning flawed data (sometimes extremely).

Anyone who knows the game KNOWS that measuring greatness based (almost soley) on these fake-stats (as you do) is an exercise in futilty. Case in point... look at where your hero Bill Russell ranks in some of the most common fake-stats that you/bush love to tout when comparing other players:

TS%: Russell doesn't even rank Top 250 all-time
PER: 118th all-time
WS: 20th all-time
WS/48: 31st all-time

But that doesn't stop you from foolishly calling Russell the GOAT... and that's because you like to cherry-pick your argument/criteria based on the player/s in question, rather than use a universal criteria for all players to measure them equally. Instead, you'll give Russell all the credit in the world for his Defense (even though his Offense sucked) and at the same time you'll drool all over yourself about LeFraud's Offense yet ignore the fact that he's been a a subpar Defender for the past decade (and a Defensive liabilty the past 5 years).

You're not consistent or intellectually honest... because you don't know the game.

Now get mad.

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Derrick Rose goes into my HOF for this legendary performance

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:33 pm

But you don't...
I understand data
"Data" comprised of made-up (arbitrary and random) numbers/formulas designed to yield a "guess", not a fact... meaning flawed data (sometimes extremely).

Anyone who knows the game KNOWS that measuring greatness based (almost soley) on these fake-stats (as you do) is an exercise in futilty. Case in point... look at where your hero Bill Russell ranks in some of the most common fake-stats that you/bush love to tout when comparing other players:

But that doesn't stop you from foolishly calling Russell the GOAT... and that's because you like to cherry-pick your argument/criteria based on the player/s in question, rather than use a universal criteria for all players to measure them equally. Instead, you'll give Russell all the credit in the world for his Defense (even though his Offense sucked) and at the same time you'll drool all over yourself about LeFraud's Offense yet ignore the fact that he's been a a subpar Defender for the past decade (and a Defensive liabilty the past 5 years).

You're not consistent or intellectually honest... because you don't know the game.

Now get mad.
When in doubt....11 RINGZ trumps the rest.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

I love you Derrick
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Listen to NBA players talk about how Kyrie, Steph and today's Top PG's would stand NO CHANCE against (pre-injury) D. Rose:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/o_Y62CXioMg

Spoiler:
But But But... let's believe the "fake stats" instead of the player's themselves, right BWGC??

:rosenew:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

But you don't...
I understand data

Now get mad.
I am always consistent. You just can't follow the arguments because you aren't very bright.

The difference between us is that in these arguments, I start with no axe to grind. As if I could give a shit about Bill Russell. My analysis of the data takes me there. Leading a team to 13 rings on 15 seasons isn't a coincidence. But I'm not rehashing stuff here again. You have blinders on.

And not all advanced metrics are created equally, and I don't treat them equally. True shooting definitely is a great stat, and definitely hinders the Russell argument, but anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that's not what made him great.

Per is a "pretty good" stat for players who's impact is primarily on the offensive end. For defense, it is hugely flawed. Bruce Bowen and Denis Rodman are both terrible since neither got steals or blocked shots. Personally, I put very little into PER period, but especially for defensive impact.

Ts% is clearly an extremely good tool to use for judging scoring efficiency. It is far superior to any other single shooting stat. For high volume scorers, it is a great differentiator.

Like everything, there is always nuance. You lack the intellectual honesty and the intellectual capacity to use them properly. You have so much cognitive bias in everything, it's mind numbing that you don't recognize it.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:19 pm

I understand data

Now get mad.
When in doubt....11 RINGZ trumps the rest.
Ya, sure... that mean's LeFraud and his measely 4 rings (3 legit) isn't even in the discussion for GOAT.

You will agree of course.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:45 pm

I understand data

Now get mad.
I am always consistent.
Yeah, consistently INconsistent... and I highlighted just one (1) example in my previous post (ie; drooling over Russ' Defense and giving his Offense a free pass, then in the same breath drooling over LeFraud's Offense while giving his Defense a free pass).

Your problem is an inflated head/ego. Every now and then pull on the plug and let a little of that hot air ooze out of your head so you can come back down to earth.

:asskicking:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

D-Rose shot under 40 percent for nearly half the playoff series he played in his career (5/11), and literally half the series he played pre-2013 (3/6).

He won three playoff series (as a meaningful player) in a career that spanned from 2009 to 2024.

He didn't win shit pre-injury, injured, or post-injury. He had the equivalent of one good season, and roughly two okay ones.

The ultimate badass, according to Chicago Boomers.

lol