Worst 3pt shooters in NBA history: Michael Jordan

Talk about anything here.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Re: Worst 3pt shooters in NBA history: Michael Jordan

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:43 pm
Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:36 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:07 pm Deez questioning other peoples' intelligence always makes me cringe a little. A little self awareness dude...
Comments like this make me laugh after people like you defend some of these moronic posts. You dumb enough to think shooting 2-3 threes a game compared to 0.7 doesn’t make a difference on one shooting percentage?
Do you understand the difference between correlation and causation Deez? No, you don't. The large sample size of 3s outside of when the line was brought in trumps the sample sizes you want to talk about.
Holy fuck moron. Reason I stopped posting in this nut house for awhile.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:46 pm
Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:36 pm

Comments like this make me laugh after people like you defend some of these moronic posts. You dumb enough to think shooting 2-3 threes a game compared to 0.7 doesn’t make a difference on one shooting percentage?
Do you understand the difference between correlation and causation Deez? No, you don't. The large sample size of 3s outside of when the line was brought in trumps the sample sizes you want to talk about.
Dude. You're the moron. You pretty much always are. I try to be "gentle" with you most times, but when you double and triple down on stupid comments, I lose my patience. You're dumb as a fucking brick Deez.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Shooting in the 90s

:mjlaugh:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

To build off of what Elmer said above, if Jordan was "really" an above-average three-point shooter, then you MUST criticize his basketball IQ for taking a huge number of long twos relative to threes. It wouldn't be optional, it would be objectively true in that facet.

But people sometimes don't appreciate variance along with averages, which sometimes doesn't matter, but in this case probably does.

4, 4, 4, 4 is a little different in practical terms than 2, 7, 3, 4 even if the average in both cases is four.

In 1997, Jordan shot 37 percent from the short line during the regular season, and 19 percent in the playoffs, on almost the same number of attempts > 3 a game. Shooter-shooters don't do that.

By comparison, look at his FT percentages (attempts are always going to be more than almost anyone in NBA)....they hang almost entirely in the low-mid to mid 80s.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:47 pm

Dude. You're the moron. You pretty much always are. I try to be "gentle" with you most times, but when you double and triple down on stupid comments, I lose my patience. You're dumb as a fucking brick Deez.
yeah, you are definitely a moron
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:49 pm
Sorry I hurt your little feelings Deez. You'll get over it.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Deez, what is your inner monologue telling you when you read threads such as these?
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:51 pm

So Jordan shooting 2 or more threes a game before the line moved and his percentage was above 35% is meaningless to you then? Yet the years in that group he shot 1 or less it was really low. The numbers are right fucking there
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

During the years in question Jordan averaged only 1.3 ATTEMPTS per game... my God, how much more desperate and pathetic can the BWGC/LeFraudSlurpers get??

:roll:

That aside, I think a truly embarrassing stat would be LeFraud's Offensive Rebounds per game AND his OR%:

LeFraud: 1.2 / 3.6%
Jordan: 1.6 / 4.7%

Imagine being a 6'8/260 Forward grabbing fewer Offensive Rebounds than a Guard who was playing in a Big Man Era (when 3-point shooting wasn't part of the game), while the F is playing in an Era where all the Bigs are on the perimeter.

Now THAT is downright LeEmbarrassing.

:sadbron:

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:59 pm During the years in question Jordan averaged only 1.3 ATTEMPTS per game... my God, how much more desperate and pathetic can the BWGC/LeFraudSlurpers get??

:roll:

That aside, I think a truly embarrassing stat would be LeFraud's Offensive Rebounds per game AND his OR%:

LeFraud: 1.2 / 3.6%
Jordan: 1.6 / 4.7%

Imagine being a 6'8/260 Forward grabbing fewer Offensive Rebounds than a Guard who was playing in a Big Man Era (when 3-point shooting wasn't part of the game), while the F is playing in an Era where all the Bigs are on the perimeter.

Now THAT is downright LeEmbarrassing.

:sadbron:

Don’t worry bush or some other troll gonna be in here with some but but bullshit like usual
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:56 pm

So Jordan shooting 2 or more threes a game before the line moved and his percentage was above 35% is meaningless to you then? Yet the years in that group he shot 1 or less it was really low. The numbers are right fucking there
You are confusing correlation and causation Deez. And as Bush explained above, the wide variation in his results, outside of when the line was brought in from 94 to 96.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:01 pm

You are confusing correlation and causation Deez. And as Bush explained above, the wide variation in his results, outside of when the line was brought in from 94 to 96.
Bish is an analytical moron who thinks that is the means of everything.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:03 pm

Understanding variance in shooting isn't "analytics".

Do you know what words mean?

What do you think boomers meant when they said so-and-so has "a hot hand"?

That his hands were literally on fire?

Or that when a shooter was cold, that their body temperature was outside the normal lower bound?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Who is most likely to get an offensive rebound on a two-point shot? Answer: the shooter

Who is most likely to get an offensive rebound on a three-point shot? Answer: anyone other than the shooter

MJ: 21.2 two-point attempts per game
Lebron: 15.0 two-point attempts per game
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:03 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:01 pm

Just because you don't understand statistics Deez, doesn't give you the right to dismiss them. We would all still be living in the stone age if the majority of humans had that attitude.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

The smaller the pool of regular posters is the more exposed deez' stupidity is or so it seems. There just aren't enough distractions, and the spotlight hits him like a ton of bricks when he accidentally tries to "muscle" his way into a conversation like this.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Jordan shot over 4 threes during the 93 finals and shot 40%. Crazy how his numbers get better when he takes a consistent amount of shots. But but but
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:17 pm Jordan shot over 4 threes during the 93 finals and shot 40%. Crazy how his numbers get better when he takes a consistent amount of shots. But but but
That's not "consistent". It's a 6-game sample size.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:18 pm
Deez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:17 pm Jordan shot over 4 threes during the 93 finals and shot 40%. Crazy how his numbers get better when he takes a consistent amount of shots. But but but
That's not "consistent". It's a 6-game sample size.
Bingo!!! When he shot more during an entire regular season his numbers were up also.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

In the 97 playoffs, in 19 games he took 3.5 a game and shot 19% from 3.