kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Game 1 NBA Finals Thread

Post by kobeunderbite »

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Tatum haters will look at the box score and say he got carried, but they didn't watch the game. The high-fives he gave after baskets & the waters he was handing out during timeouts were the reason Boston won. He also gave his teammates plenty of offensive rebounding opportunities. The poise he showed knocking down those free throws up 20 with 3:19 left gave me chills. Went 1/2 but that 1 was SWISHY.
I don’t wanna start saying he reminded me of Michael but.
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elartman1973 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:47 am Tatum haters will look at the box score and say he got carried, but they didn't watch the game. The high-fives he gave after baskets & the waters he was handing out during timeouts were the reason Boston won. He also gave his teammates plenty of offensive rebounding opportunities. The poise he showed knocking down those free throws up 20 with 3:19 left gave me chills. Went 1/2 but that 1 was SWISHY.
I don’t wanna start saying he reminded me of Michael but.
Three former Duke players were playing in the NBA Finals last night.......none of them were named Paolo Banchero. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Artman actually has a point, other than the one on top of his head...

Spoiler:
Yes I know, it's EXTREMELY rare... but give credit for a miracle I guess.
If Boston wins and Tatum picks up Finals MVP (due to the NBA "trying" to elevate him to elite status), you just know all the overzealous fans / media will foolishly start comparing him to the GOAT Michael Jordan... which of course is laughable BUT we see it happen over and over again where the "latest and greatest" wanna-be is unjustly elevated to Mike's level.

It's sad of course, but what can you do? MJ is "the" standard for measuring supreme greatness, as the player who is closer to basketball perfection than ANY player we've ever seen... so this sort of nonsense is going to continue until said player inevitably fails to reach the summit of Mount Michael, and the next wanna-be rolls around.

Such is life if you're the NBA GOAT, I suppose...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:43 am Artman actually has a point, other than the one on top of his head...

Spoiler:
If Boston wins and Tatum picks up Finals MVP (due to the NBA "trying" to elevate him to elite status), you just know all the overzealous fans / media will foolishly start comparing him to the GOAT Michael Jordan... which of course is laughable BUT we see it happen over and over again where the "latest and greatest" wanna-be is unjustly elevated to Mike's level.

It's sad of course, but what can you do? MJ is "the" standard for measuring supreme greatness, as the player who is closer to basketball perfection than ANY player we've ever seen... so this sort of nonsense is going to continue until said player inevitably fails to reach the summit of Mount Michael, and the next wanna-be rolls around.

Get out of a thread about a great franchise. The Bulls have been dogshit since Pippen left. Go make your own threads to talk about the best basketball players from the last millenium.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

I honestly don't give a fuck about the NBA finals, none of these players are interesting competitors, the league is watered down primadonna garbage with awful officiating. Bunch of pathetic entitled whiny dbags.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

xer0 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:07 am I honestly don't give a fuck about the NBA finals, none of these players are interesting competitors, the league is watered down primadonna garbage with awful officiating. Bunch of pathetic entitled whiny dbags.
Spoken like a true Pistons fan! :lol:

~George Carlin~
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:17 am
xer0 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:07 am I honestly don't give a fuck about the NBA finals, none of these players are interesting competitors, the league is watered down primadonna garbage with awful officiating. Bunch of pathetic entitled whiny dbags.
Oh I don't give a shit about them believe me, I'll be the first to tell you they are the worst run franchise in the league and one of the worst in pro sports. Even if that weren't the case my point still stands. :noidea:
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Mavs whittled a 27-point deficit down to 8 between the 2nd & 3rd so that's a mild concern. But at the end of the day a win is a win at this stage of the season, I don't care who shot what.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

xer0 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:22 am
Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:17 am
Oh I don't give a shit about them believe me, I'll be the first to tell you they are the worst run franchise in the league and one of the worst in pro sports. Even if that weren't the case my point still stands. :noidea:
Cool. So you don't give a shit about "your team"....and you don't give a shit about the NBA....and you think their product is shit.

But you're in here whining like a cunt about the NBA?

OK, TDK-lite!!! :lol:

~George Carlin~
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

If celtfags win they will have the same or less titles over the last 35 years than the following:

Heat
Pistons
Bulls
Warriors
Lakers
Spurs
Rockets

“Great” “Superior” franchise

:laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4:
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

It looked like a lot of overhelping from the mavs last night. The Celtics love to touch the paint to create open 3s and the mavs fell into that trap hard. That was their biggest correctable mistake I saw, but the biggest difference is that Sam hauser is like the 7-9th man on the Celtics and he’d probably be starting on the mavs. Celtics will dog walk this series
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Titan18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:12 pm If celtfags win they will have the same or less titles over the last 35 years than the following:

Heat
Pistons
Bulls
Warriors
Lakers
Spurs
Rockets

:laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4:
OH....fun stuff! Let's dog walk it back to 25 years so we can eliminate the Bulls. There's a whole generation of Bulls fans that have never witnessed a title, and a bunch of 30 year old men talkin' 'bout "MUH JORDAN". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The Celtics have won titles in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 00s, and soon the 20s.

The 3rd best team record since 2003 (when I personally became an adult).

Am I missing something here?

Pretending all teams that win titles are the same and all teams that don't win a title in a season are the same is silly.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:32 pm
Titan18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:12 pm If celtfags win they will have the same or less titles over the last 35 years than the following:

Heat
Pistons
Bulls
Warriors
Lakers
Spurs
Rockets

OH....fun stuff! Let's dog walk it back to 25 years so we can eliminate the Bulls. There's a whole generation of Bulls fans that have never witnessed a title, and a bunch of 30 year old men talkin' 'bout "MUH JORDAN". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, I like 35 years better.

I don’t know what the Bulls have to do with this though. Besides winning a lot more than the celtfags over the last 35 years but as my post prove that’s not really a difficult feat

:trumplol:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Celtics vs. Bulls - Last 26 seasons

Regular Season Record:
Bulls: 936-1121 (.455%)
Celtics: 1161-902 (.563%)

Playoff appearances:
Bulls: 12
Celtics: 20

Playoff Series Wins:
Bulls: 5
Celtics: 29

Championships:
Bulls: 0
Celtics: 1 (about to be 2)

~George Carlin~
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Neat Rob. Why don’t you tell us the Vancouver Canucks record over the last 47.3 years. That has the same relevance as the unhinged rant you are currently on

:trumphuh:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Titan18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:49 pm Neat Rob. Why don’t you tell us the Vancouver Canucks record over the last 47.3 years. That has the same relevance as the unhinged rant you are currently on

Great comparison. The Canucks have the same number of NBA titles this millennium as the Chicago Bulls! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~George Carlin~
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:43 am Artman actually has a point, other than the one on top of his head...

Spoiler:

lol. You think Arty wrote that?
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:51 pm
Titan18 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:49 pm Neat Rob. Why don’t you tell us the Vancouver Canucks record over the last 47.3 years. That has the same relevance as the unhinged rant you are currently on

Great comparison. The Canucks have the same number of NBA titles this millennium as the Chicago Bulls! :lol: :lol: :lol:
None of my posts had anything to do with the Bulls, nor are they the topic of discussion here. So not entirely sure why you are freaking out about them.

:noidea: