Do you have any unusual habits?

Talk about anything here.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Re: Do you have any unusual habits?

Post by manchild98 »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:53 am
PhutureDynasty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:11 pm I don't know if this is that unusual but I sleep with the fan on regardless of the weather or the temperature in our room.

I need air moving around.
Exactly this. Well not exactly. It’s not the air circulation I need, but the comstant humming sound of a loud fan knocks me right out and keeps me out. I even bought a portable noisemaker that mimics a fan for me to use when i stay in hotels. I can’t do silence, it’s too creepy.
I've slept with a fan on since I was 10 years old. Need the constant humming to fall asleep and block out any noise. I always bring a fan on vacation as well or I'll buy one if I had to fly and the place doesn't have a noisy enough bathroom fan.

Not one single time since Covid have I even come close to falling asleep while working at home. Any time I am in the office I find myself nodding off and it's because the constant noise of the office air conditioner/fan running all day.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I've never heard of anyone else doing this in my life, but they've been doing this forever. My aunt is a clean freak and so is my male cousin (who is now like 57 years old). They hand wash the inside walls of their house once or twice a month. They get a wash cloth and I don't know if they use anything else, but they wipe down all of the walls.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

manchild98 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:58 pm I've never heard of anyone else doing this in my life, but they've been doing this forever. My aunt is a clean freak and so is my male cousin (who is now like 57 years old). They hand wash the inside walls of their house once or twice a month. They get a wash cloth and I don't know if they use anything else, but they wipe down all of the walls.
I have to do that every other week. We get so much salt/sand/dirt breeze being so close to the beach
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:29 pm I see you're still listening to Rhonda Patrick, Grizz.
Funny you say that, because i started the heat adaptation way before I heard it from her. But the science she has gathered confirms what I somehow intuitively knew.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

wailuaFC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:07 pm
manchild98 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:58 pm I've never heard of anyone else doing this in my life, but they've been doing this forever. My aunt is a clean freak and so is my male cousin (who is now like 57 years old). They hand wash the inside walls of their house once or twice a month. They get a wash cloth and I don't know if they use anything else, but they wipe down all of the walls.
I have to do that every other week. We get so much salt/sand/dirt breeze being so close to the beach
Interesting. Well they live in the suburbs of Michigan. There's nothing unusual getting in the house and dirtying' up their walls.