Do you have any unusual habits?

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Do you have any unusual habits?

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

For example, my wife told me this and I know I do it. When getting into the driver's seat I do some left leg sort of hop thing to re-balance myself when the right leg is already in the car.

Another random thing I do daily is step outside every morning upon waking up, even before making coffee or anything. It could be 15 degrees in the AM and I'm still doing it, if just for a few seconds. Feel like it helps snap me out of whatever groggy morning grouchiness.

:skip:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Do you have any unusual habits?

Post by elartman1973 »

OCD
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I'm a clean freak...

I cannot even remotely deal with clutter...I vacuum the floors daily, and in between I broom sweep...When people are eating, I am basically taking dishes to the sink and washing them immediately...
And dont even think about wearing shoes upstairs (carpeting upstairs, wood floors and tile down) And, I keep some cleaning supplies in my shower, and I will do a full on scrub down while I am showering...
It is a running (non)joke with my family and friends...Sometimes they will fuck with me and intentionally make messes to watch me react LOL...
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I don't know if this is that unusual but I sleep with the fan on regardless of the weather or the temperature in our room.

I need air moving around.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:11 pm I don't know if this is that unusual but I sleep with the fan on regardless of the weather or the temperature in our room.

The louder the fan the better. It also helps drown out any noise from my kid when he still gets up early on the weekend.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:11 pm I don't know if this is that unusual but I sleep with the fan on regardless of the weather or the temperature in our room.

Similarly but opposite, I sleep with a weighted blanket every night. It helps me sleep through the night even on hot nights. It’s on my side of the bed for 90% of the time but occasionally the misses will borrow some of it
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth. Not take a piss or shit, just immediately walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Also, if my alarm goes off I instantly get out of bed. Doesn't matter if I only slept for 2 hours, I get out of bed within 5 seconds of my alarm going off. Never ever hit snooze. And lastly (for now) I can't stand if things are just randomly wet....like if there are drops of water on the countertop.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

manchild98 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:24 pm The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth. Not take a piss or shit, just immediately walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Also, if my alarm goes off I instantly get out of bed. Doesn't matter if I only slept for 2 hours, I get out of bed within 5 seconds of my alarm going off. Never ever hit snooze. And lastly (for now) I can't stand if things are just randomly wet....like if there are drops of water on the countertop.
I trip on that too...I will use the Kleenex to wipe up the counter after my wife LOL...
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I’m a big believer in deep breathing.

I often randomly will take a deep breath and then let it out slowly. My wife always asks me what’s wrong and rarely is it something serious. I just like how it relaxes me.

Also, I’ve been dealing with vertigo for the past year. When I feel it getting bad, I’ll kind of shake me head back and forth quickly. This is new for me but I’m sure it looks super strange to people who don’t know what’s going on.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Always
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

rileymartin wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:52 pm I'm a clean freak...

I cannot even remotely deal with clutter...I vacuum the floors daily, and in between I broom sweep...When people are eating, I am basically taking dishes to the sink and washing them immediately...
And dont even think about wearing shoes upstairs (carpeting upstairs, wood floors and tile down) And, I keep some cleaning supplies in my shower, and I will do a full on scrub down while I am showering...
It is a running (non)joke with my family and friends...Sometimes they will fuck with me and intentionally make messes to watch me react LOL...
My old roommate used to spend half of one of his days off cleaning his room. Literally moving each piece of furniture, every week.
My other roommate would walk in, silently stare at me, and then tilt one of the wall pictures. We would then both noiselessly laugh.
It’d be straightened out within a day. lol
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Exactly this. Well not exactly. It’s not the air circulation I need, but the comstant humming sound of a loud fan knocks me right out and keeps me out. I even bought a portable noisemaker that mimics a fan for me to use when i stay in hotels. I can’t do silence, it’s too creepy.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:53 am

Exactly this. Well not exactly. It’s not the air circulation I need, but the comstant humming sound of a loud fan knocks me right out and keeps me out. I even bought a portable noisemaker that mimics a fan for me to use when i stay in hotels. I can’t do silence, it’s too creepy.
My wife needs the white noise. I don’t care. But my new alarm clock has several nature sounds, and I’ve been using the bubbling brook noise to fall asleep. It’s helped.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Shill Jackson wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:05 am
lettherebehouse wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:53 am

My wife needs the white noise. I don’t care. But my new alarm clock has several nature sounds, and I’ve been using the bubbling brook noise to fall asleep. It’s helped.
I bought a noise making apparatus and set it to pink noise. Sounds weird, but it's better than white noise. Girlfriend sleeps like a rock so she doesn't mind.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

My most unusual habits are about heat and cold exposure. I sauna or steam daily when I'm home. And I'm not talking about a nice chill steam or sauna. It starts nice and feels great but I push to pain threshold levels. I wear a heart rate monitor and I don't get out until it gets above 140. I probably get it above my theoretical max at least twice a month. Been doing that for about 16-17 years now. Turns out it is really good for you, but when I started doing it, I had no idea. I just wanted to build heat tolerance. I'm in Phoenix and hiked in 100° earlier in the week (not that warm now) and I was fine. Just need to watch hydration.

Cold exposure comes easy. I was born in Northern Ontario where it gets goofy cold. I cold shower at the end for a few minutes most mornings. One of my gyms has a cold plunge and I can stay in goofy long. I'll BBQ shirtless in the winter in Calgary more than occasionally.

Long and short, I'm pretty much comfortable no matter the temperature. The only caveat is I like it cool to sleep.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:55 pm My most unusual habits are about heat and cold exposure. I sauna or steam daily when I'm home. And I'm not talking about a nice chill steam or sauna. It starts nice and feels great but I push to pain threshold levels. I wear a heart rate monitor and I don't get out until it gets above 140. I probably get it above my theoretical max at least twice a month. Been doing that for about 16-17 years now. Turns out it is really good for you, but when I started doing it, I had no idea. I just wanted to build heat tolerance. I'm in Phoenix and hiked in 100° earlier in the week (not that warm now) and I was fine. Just need to watch hydration.

Cold exposure comes easy. I was born in Northern Ontario where it gets goofy cold. I cold shower at the end for a few minutes most mornings. One of my gyms has a cold plunge and I can stay in goofy long. I'll BBQ shirtless in the winter in Calgary more than occasionally.

Long and short, I'm pretty much comfortable no matter the temperature. The only caveat is I like it cool to sleep.

You tryin out for the SEALS or somethin brah?
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:39 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:55 pm My most unusual habits are about heat and cold exposure. I sauna or steam daily when I'm home. And I'm not talking about a nice chill steam or sauna. It starts nice and feels great but I push to pain threshold levels. I wear a heart rate monitor and I don't get out until it gets above 140. I probably get it above my theoretical max at least twice a month. Been doing that for about 16-17 years now. Turns out it is really good for you, but when I started doing it, I had no idea. I just wanted to build heat tolerance. I'm in Phoenix and hiked in 100° earlier in the week (not that warm now) and I was fine. Just need to watch hydration.

You tryin out for the SEALS or somethin brah?
Just believe in hormetic stressors and there is something to making yourself uncomfortable. If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger - within limits.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

I can only sleep when it’s cold. I always had a hard time sleeping in the summertime growing up since I didn’t have air conditioning.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I see you're still listening to Rhonda Patrick, Grizz.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

zombiesonics wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:15 pm I can only sleep when it’s cold. I always had a hard time sleeping in the summertime growing up since I didn’t have air conditioning.
Our family in Minnesota did not have AC either. But I think you would have slept very well. My BR was in the basement, with a dehumidifier. :suds: