Did MJ ever hit a conference finals road game winning shot over a 7 foot 4x DPOY??!

Talk about anything here.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Did MJ ever hit a conference finals road game winning shot over a 7 foot 4x DPOY??!

Post by Uncontroversial »

no

Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: Did MJ ever hit a conference finals road game winning shot over a 7 foot 4x DPOY??!

Luka dropping the N bomb after hitting the shot

Last edited by Uncontroversial on Sat May 25, 2024 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: Did MJ ever hit a conference finals road game winning shot over a 7 foot 4x DPOY??!

nm
Last edited by Uncontroversial on Sat May 25, 2024 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Uncontroversial wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:31 am Did MJ ever hit a conference finals road game winning shot over a 7 foot 4x DPOY??!
Eh... Jordan completely dismantled entire TEAMS fool, not just one (1) measely player. Plus Mike saved most of his iconic, legendary performances for the Finals... when it matters most.

Has Luka made it that far yet?

:noidea:

Oh... PS:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133412&p=1881318#p1881318

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:21 pm
Uncontroversial wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:31 am Did MJ ever hit a conference finals road game winning shot over a 7 foot 4x DPOY??!
Eh... Jordan completely dismantled entire TEAMS fool, not just one (1) measely player. Plus Mike saved most of his iconic, legendary performances for the Finals... when it matters most.

Oh... PS:

this was a more impressive game winner than any in MJ's career. And given we know how soft Boston is, this is the real finals.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Uncontroversial wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:36 pm

Oh... PS:

this was a more impressive game winner than any in MJ's career. And given we know how soft Boston is, this is the real finals.
I guess in this "Modern Era", where the Standard For Greatness has declined sooooo significantly since the 90's, one could argue that a game-winning shot in the Conference Finals > game-winning shot in the Finals...

...but any astute hoops fan knows that's just not true.

:L
As for Boston, I can't speak for hos soft they are relative to the rest of the NBA (which overall has NEVER been softer than it is today), but I will say that the Celtics definitely have a lot to prove.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat May 25, 2024 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:04 pm

Oh... PS:

I guess in this "Modern Era", where the Standard For Greatness has declined sooooo significantly since the 90's, one could argue that a game-winning shot in the ECF > game-winning shot in the Finals...

As for Boston, I can't speak for hos soft they are relative to the rest of the NBA (which overall has NEVER been softer than it is today), but I will say that the Celtics definitely have a lot to prove.
Luka's stats this year, and most years, are better than any MJ season. He has 5 first team NBA selections in 6 seasons. He's going go the finals playing injured with a bum team. He's 25

He's better than Michael Jordan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

So you're impressed that a 6'6 guard was able to shake off a 7 footer to create an open shot on the peremiter? op has twitter brain, prisoner of the moment.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Luka is obviously better than Michael Jordan.

Even by boomer analysis, Luka going to the Finals with non-elite supporting talent is so far beyond anything Jordan accomplished with non-elite supporting talent it's not even funny.

And don't even attempt to say Luka plays with uber talent. The Mavs were -4.6/100 possessions without him in 2024. The Wolves were +4.8 without Edwards. The Thunder were +0..5 without SGA. The Celtics are +12.2 without Tatum.

If Luka wins the title this year, he immediately eclipses MJ on the all-time list, at least for peak play. *At least* as good individually as Jordan ever was in a season, plus actually winning a title with modest talent, which Jordan never did.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:36 pm Luka is obviously better than Michael Jordan.

Even by boomer analysis, Luka going to the Finals with non-elite supporting talent is so far beyond anything Jordan accomplished with non-elite supporting talent it's not even funny.

And don't even attempt to say Luka plays with uber talent. The Mavs were -4.6/100 possessions without him in 2024. The Wolves were +4.8 without Edwards. The Thunder were +0..5 without SGA. The Celtics are +12.2 without Tatum.

If Luka wins the title this year, he immediately eclipses MJ on the all-time list, at least for peak play. *At least* as good individually as Jordan ever was in a season, plus actually winning a title with modest talent, which Jordan never did.
Pippens 7ppg was a real game changer
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:43 pm Pippens 7ppg was a real game changer
His defense and teaching MJ how to win were meaningful contributions, yes.

That's why Jordan failed in his first post-Pippen season to even make the playoffs...he couldn't rely on Pippen's winning and leadership attributes.

Even *WITH* those things in his favor, Jordan was literally a few shots away from losing in the first round to a 42 win team, and got his brains beaten out by the first elite team he faced.

Light years away from what Luka has already accomplished this year, let alone the hypothetical situation where he wins the title.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

#jordancouldnever
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:47 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:43 pm Pippens 7ppg was a real game changer
His defense and teaching MJ how to win were meaningful contributions, yes.

That's why Jordan failed in his first post-Pippen season to even make the playoffs...he couldn't rely on Pippen's winning and leadership attributes.

Even *WITH* those things in his favor, Jordan was literally a few shots away from losing in the first round to a 42 win team, and got his brains beaten out by the first elite team he faced.

Light years away from what Luka has already accomplished this year, let alone the hypothetical situation where he wins the title.
Take your meds
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Uncontroversial wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:45 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:04 pm

I guess in this "Modern Era", where the Standard For Greatness has declined sooooo significantly since the 90's, one could argue that a game-winning shot in the ECF > game-winning shot in the Finals...

Luka's stats this year, and most years, are better than any MJ season. He has 5 first team NBA selections in 6 seasons. He's going go the finals playing injured with a bum team. He's 25

He's better than Michael Jordan.
As noted... I guess in today weak "Modern Era" where the Standard for Greatness has declined sunstantially since the 90's, "stats" > Championships...

...astute fans know better though.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:36 pm Babbling nonsense.
On a scale of 1 to 10, bushy:

:lol:

PS: If Luka is better than Jordan (lolol) then he's twice as good as LeBron.

Get mad... and get yer weak sauce outta here fool.

:asskicking:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:01 pm
Take your meds
There's nothing to say in response.

The new school > your era in basketball, and in 90 percent of things in life like music, art, technology, creativity, volume of knowledge, etc...

Humble yourself. Accept it. And move on.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

That might have been the dumbest switch I've seen in awhile. Rudy on the perimeter? LOL, Luka knew he had him, regardless if he missed he was gonna get his space for a shot off.