After nine (9) full seasons it is now 100% fact...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

After nine (9) full seasons it is now 100% fact...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bird >>> Joker

More Rings, more MVP's, more All Defense / All NBA selections, and better career stats.

Discuss why this fact will undoubtedly trigger certain posters.

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: After nine (9) full seasons it is now 100% fact...

Post by Uncontroversial »

Edwards is in the conference finals without Pippen
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Mchale, DJ, Parrish vs Murray, Gordon, KCP? Three HOFers for the Celtics and zero for the nuggets. Try harder
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

You're the only guy here who gets triggered by these discussions. I'll take Jokic. What he's done, with 'relative' ham and eggers is ridiculous.

I couldn't watch tonight's game (on vacation and out, so didn't work out), but I watched the Pacers win this afternoon. I thought of your no defence, no contact nonsense as I watched. It was crazy how good they played. It wasn't bad defense, and it was physical. It was just brilliant execution by the Pacers.

The basketball was so far beyond 90s hoops it was ridiculous.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Yeah.

Could you imagine if the Celtics had ever lost in the semis? Let alone against a similarly talented team in a seven game series?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ltics.html

Bird put up 19 a game on 44 percent shooting, btw.
Spoiler:
Bird is higher all time atm, yes. peak to peak and prime to prime (21-24 for Joker), and it's *at best* an era-adjusted equivalence
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:03 am Yeah.

Could you imagine if the Celtics had ever lost in the semis? Let alone against a similarly talented team in a seven game series?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ltics.html

Bird put up 19 a game on 44 percent shooting, btw.
Spoiler:
Bird is higher all time atm, yes. peak to peak and prime to prime (21-24 for Joker), and it's *at best* an era-adjusted equivalence
I talk about bias all the time. I try very hard to adjust.

But modern players, are just so much better than their predecessors, especially going back more than two decades, that it is just goofy. I LOVED 70s and 80s hoops. Loved it. But it's kindergarten to today's post graduate studies.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

As noted... lots of triggered posters ITT.

:lol:

Regardless, the fact remains: After nine (9) full seasons there is absolutely zero doubt (to any fan with a BB IQ above 10) that Larry Legend >>>>>> Joker: More awards, more accolades, more rings, better stats, and more clutch ALL DONE in a much tougher era.

Why is this so difficult for "some" of you to admit...

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:37 pm Mchale, DJ, Parrish vs Murray, Gordon, KCP? Three HOFers for the Celtics and zero for the nuggets. Try harder
Yeah, you would have more of a point about Bird's HOF teammates; however as we have been told repeatedly through the years (by bush, rob, grizz, zombie, LMD, madness and others), young Michael Jordan's inability to beat Bird in the playoffs (the twoe times they met up) had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Larry's Celtics were stacked while Jordan's Bulls were full of scrubs and drug addicts.

So sorry... no excuse-making for Joker please.

...and besides that, Bird and the Celtics were also going up against teams that were loaded with HOF talent as well (Sixers, Bucks, Pistons, Lakers, etc).