Hi Cleve, check out Dr Philip Kayser's sermon series on revelation

Talk about anything here.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Hi Cleve, check out Dr Philip Kayser's sermon series on revelation

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

From a partial preterist perspective. i.e. All of Revelation until the millennium is simply a narrative of two events
1. Neronic persecution of the church. 666 ironically is the numerical value for Nero Caesar
2. The Roman Jewish War
The Neronic persecution of the church commenced after the fire of Rome which occurred in 64 A.D. And the Roman Jewish War started in 66 A.D.

Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
CleveTown™
Superstar

Re: Hi Cleve, check out Dr Philip Kayser's sermon series on revelation

Post by CleveTown™ »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 am From a partial preterist perspective. i.e. All of Revelation until the millennium is simply a narrative of two events
1. Neronic persecution of the church. 666 ironically is the numerical value for Nero Caesar
2. The Roman Jewish War
The Neronic persecution of the church commenced after the fire of Rome which occurred in 64 A.D. And the Roman Jewish War started in 66 A.D.

I'll try to get around to it but a bit busy atm and it's getting late.
but I will say about 666 equaling Nero Ceasar, 666 equaled a lot of names back then, and first century church fathers who actually knew John and talked to John discussed this.

Irenaeus studied under Polycarp who knew and learned under John himself. Irenaeus asked Polycarp in a letter what John thought about 666.

Polycarp replies that the anti-christ can't be identified until you realize he rules a country north of Israel and it's during a time of a coalition of 10 kings (after the Roman empire splits into two (the two legs of Neb's statue dream) and then later on fragments into 10 toes-- way after Nero.)

This is going right to the source from a student under John himself, so it's pretty reliable.

Dr. Ken Johnson has done some outstanding Dead Sea Scrolls work and 1st century Church Fathers. I've been immersed in his videos recently. They all take a pre-trib/pre-mill stance, too.

If you care to take a look:

About the anti-christ:
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

The internal evidence proves first century
Nero = 666
Temple = still standing
Beast= Rome and Nero
Wounded beast = death of Nero
Resurrected beast = Vespasian claiming the throne and having the Roman Empire continue
5 kings 1 fallen and the other shall continue a short time = Julius Caesar, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius; Nero fallen, Otto to continue a short time.

I looked at the iraneuas quote and what it can determine is that it’s speculative which means that John never conversed with him on the topic of revelation.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Dumb and dumber pretending they are scholars.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

I actually was able to listen to your vid on 2x speed. I like how he railed against full preterism and made clear distinctions between what you guys believe and they do.

I don't understand their symbolic view of everything either. it's false exegesis.

Btw, I'm really not up to date with what Orthodox believe...are you guys an off shoot of Catholicism? I know you guys aren't down with the pope, so is that the only distinction?
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:09 pm I actually was able to listen to your vid on 2x speed. I like how he railed against full preterism and made clear distinctions between what you guys believe and they do.

I don't understand their symbolic view of everything either. it's false exegesis.

Btw, I'm really not up to date with what Orthodox believe...are you guys an off shoot of Catholicism? I know you guys aren't down with the pope, so is that the only distinction?
Full preterism is a damnable heresy.
Eastern Orthodox are premillennialist. They believe that the antichrist is yet to be revealed
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:57 am The internal evidence proves first century
Nero = 666
Temple = still standing
Beast= Rome and Nero
Resurrected beast = Vespasian claiming the throne and having the Roman Empire continue
5 kings 1 fallen and the other shall continue a short time = Julius Caesar, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius; Nero fallen, Otto to continue a short time.

I looked at the iraneuas quote and what it can determine is that it’s speculative which means that John never conversed with him on the topic of revelation.
A case can be made, and you made it, but I don't accept it. Sorry brother. This is why I don't get into debates over things like this with fellow believers, it always ends in bickering with a lot of back and forths and nothing fruitful comes of it. Im stuck in my ways as you are yours.

At least in Heaven we can take Eschatology 101 class and learn it perfectly. Can't wait for it!
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 pm Dumb and dumber pretending they are scholars.
I bet everything we said went right over your melon head, too.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:16 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 pm Dumb and dumber pretending they are scholars.
It did. But I know full well you two bozos are dumb as bricks so I am pretty much 100% certain I only missed a bunch of gibberish.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:18 pm
CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:16 pm
It did. But I know full well you two bozos are dumb as bricks so I am pretty much 100% certain I only missed a bunch of gibberish.
the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:09 pm I actually was able to listen to your vid on 2x speed. I like how he railed against full preterism and made clear distinctions between what you guys believe and they do.

Isn’t all christianity an offshoot of catholicism?
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm
AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:57 am The internal evidence proves first century
Nero = 666
Temple = still standing
Beast= Rome and Nero

A case can be made, and you made it, but I don't accept it. Sorry brother. This is why I don't get into debates over things like this with fellow believers, it always ends in bickering with a lot of back and forths and nothing fruitful comes of it. Im stuck in my ways as you are yours.

At least in Heaven we can take Eschatology 101 class and learn it perfectly. Can't wait for it!
Pastor Einwechter just completed a 59 sermon series on the book. this is the best I've heard
https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp? ... Revelation

ps. my gym workout partner is going to Italy to do a Mediterranean cruise, she will be doing Greece and western turkey, and will be visiting the ruins of the 7 churches of revelation.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Shill Jackson wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 pm

Isn’t all christianity an offshoot of catholicism?
it depends. There were originally 4 major centers/ episcopates, Rome, Byzantium, Jerusalem and Alexandria.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:35 pm
CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm
Nero = 666
Temple = still standing
Beast= Rome and Nero

Pastor Einwechter just completed a 59 sermon series on the book. this is the best I've heard
https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp? ... Revelation

ps. my gym workout partner is going to Italy to do a Mediterranean cruise, she will be doing Greece and western turkey, and will be visiting the ruins of the 7 churches of revelation.
How cool. Western Turkey and the missionary activities of the Apostles made it a cornerstone for the dissemination and development of early Christianity. Ephesus would be epic to visit, timothy, john and Mary all believed to have died there.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Lololol
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:16 pmLololol
so far over your head fat boy
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Ati, what do PPs believe was the AoD...? the destruction of the temple?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

CleveTown™ wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:42 pm
Under my head.
You're so dumb and gullible. History will not be kind when it mentions your kind and your mental retardation

AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:03 am
Under my head.
You're so dumb and gullible. History will not be kind when it mentions your kind and your mental retardation
We own history. 2024 A.D to you sir
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:43 am
elartman1973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:03 am

Under my head.
We own history. 2024 A.D to you sir
Everyone makes fun of your kind