Guess we're supposed to feel sorry for the Pistons?

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Guess we're supposed to feel sorry for the Pistons?

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

League-worst 68 losses but they ended up at #5 in the lottery. Talking heads and message boards now clamoring for the lottery to be revamped or eliminated altogether. Four top 7 picks the last 4 drafts and soon will add another to that. Develop your players better or maybe get new scouts? Killian Hayes over Haliburton huh.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Re: Guess we're supposed to feel sorry for the Pistons?

Post by CleveTown™ »

good. hope the NBA clamps down harder on tanking. if you tank you dont get top 5 pick
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

That tank class was the pistons, Rockets and the magic. Three teams that were neck and neck just three years ago.
Rockets and magic have made leaps. Pistons have actually regressed since then...amazingly
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

CleveTown™ wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:34 pm good. hope the NBA clamps down harder on tanking. if you tank you dont get top 5 pick
I agree strongly with this.

Tanking is abhorrent.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

They have a nice young core in Cunningham, Ivey, Thompson, and Duren. Just need a coach to put it all together. I don't feel sorry for them because I wouldnt mind Duren and Thompson at the center and small forward spots for the bulls compared to what they currently have.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:42 pm
CleveTown™ wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:34 pm good. hope the NBA clamps down harder on tanking. if you tank you dont get top 5 pick
I agree strongly with this.

Tanking is abhorrent.
:stephena:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I'm not sure how the NBA lottery works any more but I don't think the worst team should get any advantage. Take the 10 teams that didn't make the playoffs and give them all the exact same odds to get the number 1 picks. Take the 4 teams from the play-in games that got eliminated and give them each a 1% or 2% chance to get the number 1 pick.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

manchild98 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:19 pm I'm not sure how the NBA lottery works any more but I don't think the worst team should get any advantage. Take the 10 teams that didn't make the playoffs and give them all the exact same odds to get the number 1 picks. Take the 4 teams from the play-in games that got eliminated and give them each a 1% or 2% chance to get the number 1 pick.
I forget what league it is, might be the W, but they have a system where once you’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, you get a point for every win there after and the team with the most points gets the #1 pick. Seems like the best anti tanking measure other than relegation
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 am
manchild98 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:19 pm I'm not sure how the NBA lottery works any more but I don't think the worst team should get any advantage. Take the 10 teams that didn't make the playoffs and give them all the exact same odds to get the number 1 picks. Take the 4 teams from the play-in games that got eliminated and give them each a 1% or 2% chance to get the number 1 pick.
I forget what league it is, might be the W, but they have a system where once you’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, you get a point for every win there after and the team with the most points gets the #1 pick. Seems like the best anti tanking measure other than relegation
Would relegation be that bad?

Move the bottom team to the g league for a season?

The mentality of today’s teams drives me crazy. They just give up and are ok with getting their asses kicked. We’ve seen it a lot during the playoffs this year. A team is down 25 or so at the end of the 3rd quarter so they send in the subs and basically punt for the next game.

I wish there was more fight in teams.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 am
wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 am
Would relegation be that bad?

Move the bottom team to the g league for a season?

The mentality of today’s teams drives me crazy. They just give up and are ok with getting their asses kicked. We’ve seen it a lot during the playoffs this year. A team is down 25 or so at the end of the 3rd quarter so they send in the subs and basically punt for the next game.

I wish there was more fight in teams.
I would love relegation, it just requires a true 2nd league not the semi farm system the league has now.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

If I were in that format described above, and I was a borderline playoff team, I'd be tanking from game 1

0-42, then a full 40 games to collect wins.

:D
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Relegation would very much emasculate the fragile egos of NBA players today. Teams would file petitions with the league, paperwork soaked in teardrops and frothing, very upset mouth drool.

I say do it.