LOL, Suns **immediately** hire Mike Budenholzer 1 day after...

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

LOL, Suns **immediately** hire Mike Budenholzer 1 day after...

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

...firing Frank Vogel. Was this their plan all this time? Does Frankie V need to lawyer up?

:susp:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: LOL, Suns **immediately** hire Mike Budenholzer 1 day after...

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Is it against NBA policy to discuss with a potential coach before firing the active coach?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:51 pm Is it against NBA policy to discuss with a potential coach before firing the active coach?
I believe the tampering rule suggests the player, coach, exec, or owner cannot be "recruited" while gainfully employed with another NBA team. I don't think Bud was working anywhere this past season though. Maybe at a Waffle House in Georgia or somewhere, who knows.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Glad the lakers didn’t hire him. Hoping for adelman or nori but most likely gonna get a yes man like Atkinson or reddick, though the reddick move would be out of left field. Mans only coached youth basketball
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:43 pm Glad the lakers didn’t hire him. Hoping for adelman or nori but most likely gonna get a yes man like Atkinson or reddick, though the reddick move would be out of left field. Mans only coached youth basketball
Looks like Adelman turns 78 this summer and hasn't coached in a decade (if Rick's the one you're referencing). But yeah this Redick coaching rumor needs to stop. what are we doing just anointing him because he has podcasts is that where sports are at now?
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

wailuaFC wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:43 pm Glad the lakers didn’t hire him. Hoping for adelman or nori but most likely gonna get a yes man like Atkinson or reddick, though the reddick move would be out of left field. Mans only coached youth basketball
Are you trolling me by hoping JJ Reddick comes here? I’ve already told you he has nothing no interest at all with this fucking shit show.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:49 am
Looks like Adelman turns 78 this summer and hasn't coached in a decade (if Rick's the one you're referencing). But yeah this Redick coaching rumor needs to stop. what are we doing just anointing him because he has podcasts is that where sports are at now?
David adleman is the one I was talking about, assistant for the nuggets. Nori is an assistant for the wolves. Both have great track records and I’d rather get the next finch or however you spell the thunders head coaches name than a guy who has failed in the league a bunch like Atkinson, rivers, etc. don’t want reddick though, he hasn’t proved anything at any level so he has no portfolio to show he can coach other than hypotheticals