Lakers had four (4) players score 25+ Points last night...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Lakers had four (4) players score 25+ Points last night...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

wailuaFC wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am I’m glad we can all agree Russell is the GOAT. According to the criteria laid forth, no one had a bigger impact on winning titles than Russell. Look at the Celtics before and after him, and just the sheer number of titles he won as the best player. Thanks TDK, because of your criteria it’s obvious Russell is the goat
Winning isn't the "only" criteria, fool... you, bush and grizz appear to be stuck on stupid in this exchange.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK is getting bigly mad.

Bigly, bigly mad at being exposed.

lmao
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm "You only move the needle towards winning, in seasons where you win a championship. Oh by the way, Jordan's 1988 season is the best ever, even though they got humiliated in the second round of the playoffs."

-Literally TDK

:laugh4:
Again, never said anything of the kind. Clearly you're being an idiot because you know TDK will chew you up and spit you out in a one-one MJ vs. LeFraud debate.

Next.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm autism and lies
I appreciate the retraction you are too arrogant to offer.

Stay sober bro.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm autism and lies
I appreciate the retraction you are too arrogant to offer.

Stay sober bro.
I'll accept your surrender. You're nothing without those silly fake stats and made up formulas.

:lol: :roll: :L

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am I’m glad we can all agree Russell is the GOAT. According to the criteria laid forth, no one had a bigger impact on winning titles than Russell. Look at the Celtics before and after him, and just the sheer number of titles he won as the best player. Thanks TDK, because of your criteria it’s obvious Russell is the goat
Winning isn't the "only" criteria, fool... you, bush and grizz appear to be stuck on stupid in this exchange.
“ Thus, first and foremost the criteria MUST look at the player's impact on Championship teams... and thus, by default the "number" of Championship must be factore in”

Russell has 11 championships in 13 seasons, that’s nearly twice as many than Jordan in less seasons. Since it’s the first and foremost criteria, having nearly twice the amount of championships in less season gives Russell an insurmountable gap over Jordan, right?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

:pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :suds:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Kobeunderbite thinks lakers gonna win....same dude who said magic have no business in the playoffs

Sad
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm
Thus, first and foremost the criteria MUST look at the player's impact on Championship teams... and thus, by default the "number" of Championship must be factore in”

Russell has 11 championships in 13 seasons, that’s nearly twice as many than Jordan in less seasons. Since it’s the first and foremost criteria, having nearly twice the amount of championships in less season gives Russell an insurmountable gap over Jordan, right?
Number of Championships won IN COMBINATION with the players' impact on those Championship should be the top criteria but again, not the "only" criteria... with emphasis on the latter (ie; impact on Championship, or Ring Value) because simply looking at the 'number of Rings' doesn't tell the entire picture (ie; Robert Horry has 7 rings, but all 7 came as a "role player").

That said, we know for an absolute fact what Jordan's "impact" was, by virtue of the fact that he won 6 Finals MVP's (as the best and most valuable player on his Bulls during all 6 Champiosnhips).

Russell?

Well, we also know for a fact that he would not have won 11 Finals MVP's if the award was around his entire career. In fact, the award was around in 1969 (Russ' last Championship) and it was given to Jerry West (of the losing team). Furthermore, by all accounts (from readings and opinions and analysis I've read over the years) Russell would have likely won somewhere between 5-6 Finals MVP's.

Let's also remember that for 8 of Russ' 11 Rings he only needed to win two (2) Playoff series for a Championship, vs. 4 series' for MJ. Put another way, Russ needed only one (1) more series win than Jordan (25 total vs. 24) to win 11 Rings to MJ's 6.

So not only was MJ's "impact on Championships" right-there with Russell's, but also Jordan's "road to" 6 rings was much, much tougher than Russ' road to 11.

Context and perspective matters.