Carnivore truly is the only diet that works

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Carnivore truly is the only diet that works

Post by Da Stars. »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 pm I wish your father the best, Carl.

Also congrats on the weight loss.
Yeah thanks.

He’s on his way out now. He has a permanent catheter which means we’re dealing with constant UTI’s that often turn septic. I’ve been in an emergency room probably a dozen times in the last couple years wondering if this will be the time.

I am firmly in that sandwich generation where I’m raising my own kids and caring for aging parents. It’s stressful if I’m being honest.
I have half of that problem. My elderly mother. 18 months ago she broke her neck. Best of luck with your issues my friend. Instead of raising the beer to ya, think of it as being a Rootbeer float. :suds:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 pm I wish your father the best, Carl.

Yeah thanks.

He’s on his way out now. He has a permanent catheter which means we’re dealing with constant UTI’s that often turn septic. I’ve been in an emergency room probably a dozen times in the last couple years wondering if this will be the time.

I am firmly in that sandwich generation where I’m raising my own kids and caring for aging parents. It’s stressful if I’m being honest.
That is a tough situation but at least you have your wife to assist you.

Stay strong and cherish the moments you have left with him.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm

Yeah thanks.

That is a tough situation but at least you have your wife to assist you.

Stay strong and cherish the moments you have left with him.
20 years later, i still catch myself saying I miss my father. You are so correct.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Yeah thanks.

Yes it is. Sorry about your pop, and congrats on the health change.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Yeah thanks.

Hey Karl bro that is brutal. I’ve had my fair share of caretaking for my dad the past decade after suffering a massive stroke and it’s just no other way to put it, it totally sucks… a man I’ve looked up to all my life being in this spot so vulnerable. This helps explain why you’ve mostly tossed AG aside for the time being, understandably.

Well wishes to you and your dad. Excellent job using this for positive change in your own health at least, something I personally need to start taking serious as well.

Stay up big homie

:nashpoint:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

Yeah thanks.

Hey Karl bro that is brutal. I’ve had my fair share of caretaking for my dad the past decade after suffering a massive stroke and it’s just no other way to put it, it totally sucks… a man I’ve looked up to all my life being in this spot so vulnerable. This helps explain why you’ve mostly tossed AG aside for the time being, understandably.

Well wishes to you and your dad. Excellent job using this for positive change in your own health at least, something I personally need to start taking serious as well.

Stay up big homie

As usual, House nails it.

Wish I could still like posts.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Sorry to hear about your pops too, House.

Wishing yours and Carl's all the best.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

So you’re doing keto. Just say you’re doing keto.

Fag.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm So you’re doing keto. Just say you’re doing keto.

Fag.
no fag. im not eating nuts and vegetables. fag.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

CleveTown™ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm So you’re doing keto. Just say you’re doing keto.

Fag.
no fag. im not eating nuts and vegetables. fag.
Who said you need to eat nuts and berries to be in ketosis… you really are as dumb as you are fucking gay.
Last edited by Alex_Murphy on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

Yeah thanks.

Stay up big homie

Thanks House. This is a meaningful message and I appreciate it. My dad also has onset dementia which is really hard at times. The thing is my dad is in an assistant living facility now that has memory care so he’s good. It’s my mom I spend most of my time caring for now. It’s taken a toll but I’m good. It is a big reason I haven’t been here as much.

I always had a bit of a rocky relationship with my dad but weirdly this all has made me appreciate him more. Seeing him vulnerable like this has made me think of all the cool things he did for me and taught me.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Yeah thanks.

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry and that sounds quite difficult. I don't look forward to my own parents inevitable slowdown and breakdown. My parents were lucky enough that their kids were mostly grown before my grandparents broke down, which has been happening for about 10-15 years now, as I'm down to one living grandparent who turned 98 this week. The stress of that all really aged them and I can't imagine how they would have handled it if their kids were still young at the same time.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Hey Carl. Congrats on the turnaround in your lifestyle habits. I'm sure your wife and kids are happy to see you taking better care of yourself.

There is no such thing as a life without some tough stuff in it. Some tougher than others. We tend to be more resilient than we think, thankfully. Life also has a way of teaching us that most of it is noise and the list of stuff that matters is really short.

You should be very proud. You're a good dad, a good son and a good husband. That's quite the trifecta.

Continued strength young man.

And House, also to you. I bust your chops now and again, but I'd be shocked if you weren't really good people in "non-AG" life.