Tdk I have a question for you

Talk about anything here.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Tdk I have a question for you

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Would MJ have lost 3 playoff games in a row to the Denver nuggets?

Please advise with your opinion
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Tdk I have a question for you

Post by elartman1973 »

No
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 am Would MJ have lost 3 playoff games in a row to the Denver nuggets?

Please advise with your opinion
:lol: ... no, of course not.

Jordan lost 3 in a row to only one (1) team in the Playoffs, and that was the Dynasty Celtics (with five -5- HOFERS going up against a young Jordan with Charles Oakley as the second best player on his Bulls).

:L

Further... not only would MJ not lose 3 in a row to these Nuggets, he would never have choked the chicken in the 4th Quarter in back to back Road games, and he never would have allowed his team to blow a 20 point second-half lead and then come back the next game and blow a 12-point lead at Home.

LeFraud just isn't Like Mike. Period.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

We saw the Jordan equivalent to current Lebron in the early 00s, and he didn't even make the playoffs in a terrible East, despite playing with the number one pick of the entire draft (Brown) and multiple all-star level talents (Hamilton, Laettner, Stackhouse).

The question in the OP is basically a variant of the idea that Jordan never lost in the Finals because he never made it to the Finals in the first place with a subpar team. You can't lose if you don't make it in the first place.

Edit: Jordan lost six games in a row in November to a collection of "good" teams, averaging 18/4/3 on 44 percent shooting.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... melog/2003

I count six independent losing streaks of three or more games just that year.

Edit: And eight games in a row the year prior in November, followed by seven in a row in February:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... melog/2002

lmao!
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

The thought of a 39 year old MJ trying to play against this Nuggest juggernaut makes me giggle
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am The thought of a 39 year old MJ trying to play against this Nuggest juggernaut makes me triggered
your typo, FIFY.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

:lol: at the bush-league LeTots comparing Jordan's 19 win Wizards (before his arrival) to a team that features a prime 25/12 All Defensive Big Man, an all-star caliber PG, and 4th and 5th options capable of dropping 20-30 PPG on any given night.

Silly bush-league LeTots.

:lol: :L :roll:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."