Game 2 First Half: Lakers / Nuggets

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Game 2 First Half: Lakers / Nuggets

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sorry it bothers you that TDK has dedicated his AG Message Board Posting career....

wtf lol
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 am Sorry it bothers you that TDK has dedicated his AG Message Board Posting career
Yikes
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Game 1 analysis - Lebron disappeared in the 4th quarter
Game 2 analysis - Lebron should not shoot in the 4th quarter
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am Ooooops, wait a sec... that's something you would have already done ad nauseam by now IF it were true. But we all know it's not. We all know LeFraud's Defense has been pure garbage for a decade.
No problem.

Lebron's defensive component to EPM is in the 84th percentile in 2024.

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm
Spoiler:
There's a giant ass gap between "not elite" (which is true) and "garbage-tier" (which it's also not)

No idea what EPM is supposed to reveal... nor would I really care under most circumstances EXCEPT for the fact that I saw Luka and Joker listed 3rd and 5th respectively, which begs the question: Is this a rating for WORST Defenders in the league????

:L :noidea:

Buuut... then I see Embiid and Giannis listed #1 and #4 respectively so I know that can't be the case.

Therefore, I chalk it up to yet another fake stat with zero credibility.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:03 am

No idea what EPM is supposed to reveal... nor would I really care under most circumstances EXCEPT for the fact that I saw Luka and Joker listed 3rd and 5th respectively, which begs the question: Is this a rating for WORST Defenders in the league????

Buuut... then I see Embiid and Giannis listed #1 and #4 respectively so I know that can't be the case.

Therefore, I chalk it up to yet another fake stat with zero credibility.
Quoting this before you can delete
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

manchild98 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 am Game 1 analysis - Lebron disappeared in the 4th quarter
You know you're the GOAT when you're 39 years old, been in the league for 22 seasons, and are STILL expected to play the entire game and play perfectly at all times on the road against the defending champs.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

manchild98 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 am Game 1 analysis - Lebron disappeared in the 4th quarter
Key differences you conveniently overlook:

Game 1: LeFraud was aggressive Offensively for the first 3 Quarters, then disappeared in the 4th
Game 2: LeFraud was passive Offensively for the first 3 Quarters, then chucked like Kobe in the 4th

In other words how the hell is the rest of the team supposed to develop a consistent rhythm and chemistry when they don't know from one game/quarter to the next "which" LeFraud is going to show?

Players need to have specific, designated roles in order for the team to function at maximum effectiveness/efficiency... that becomes impossible when one of the "stars" has his own agenda on the floor because the other players aren't always capable of flipping the switch and changing the game-plan in an instant, based on what LeFraud feels like doing in the moment.

This is why the man has experienced soooooooooooooo many Playoffs failures... and why, despite the hype to the contrary, he truly is a terrible teammate.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:09 am
You know you're the GOAT when you're 39 years old, been in the league for 22 seasons, and are STILL expected to play the entire game and play perfectly at all times on the road against the defending champs.
In the thin air @ 5280 feet
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am
Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am TDK's best trick is to understand how well or not well Lebron plays defense on a given night despite not watching any games, or trusting any defensive-based analytic statistic/metric.
Of course I could just wait on you to provide one of your trademark dissertations (using all the fake stats, graphs and charts) to show us that LeFraud actually plays solid Defense, right?

Ooooops, wait a sec... that's something you would have already done ad nauseam by now IF it were true. But we all know it's not. We all know LeFraud's Defense has been pure garbage for a decade.
“pure garbage”

#couldnever
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:09 am
You know you're chasing the GOAT (Jordan) when you're 39 years old, been in the league for 22 seasons, and are STILL expected to play the entire game and play perfectly at all times on the road against the defending champs.
Fixed for you
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Shill Jackson wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:30 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am
Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am TDK's best trick is to understand how well or not well Lebron plays defense on a given night despite not watching any games, or trusting any defensive-based analytic statistic/metric.
Of course I could just wait on you to provide one of your trademark dissertations (using all the fake stats, graphs and charts) to show us that LeFraud actually plays solid Defense, right?

Ooooops, wait a sec... that's something you would have already done ad nauseam by now IF it were true. But we all know it's not. We all know LeFraud's Defense has been pure garbage for a decade.
“pure garbage”

Eh, even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut... and this "big block" was really nothing special at all, considering LeFraud was already standing by the hoop and only needed to elevate a few inches to block the shot (as he's 5 inches taller than Murray).

:L

You want all-out, elite-level Defense from a 39 year old... here you go:

:sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: