Mount Rushmore

Re: NBA network ratings collapse to new all time low

Post by elmouse03 »

:hail: to the king
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

It's GREAT to hear there's many more out there like TDK, who refuse to support the Commie Woke NBA as it exists today thanks to pampered and entitled bitches like LeFraud, and Commie China Lovers like Silver.

Now if we could just get every MAGA American to man-up and stop watching this garbage product, we might make an actual statement that could lead to meaningful change.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Meanwhile during the 90s when Jordan played viewership was at an all time high. B-b-b-but Lebron the the GOAT, right?

:mjlaugh:
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Thanks Obama
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Because of the endless overhyped of lebron and his shitty team...nobody cares..they keep pushing it and it turns people away..when he's gone and they younger generation is showcased, Ratings will boom.
Lebron KD, steph...old boring news

But, Imagine being a complete loser who jerks off over such things and celebrates the failure if others.
Nothing proves you are insecure more than that
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

I haven't sat through and watched an entire bball game in around 7 years, do not miss it one bit. Basketball is a good sport but the NBA is garbage , the officiating makes it unwatchable and the players are a bunch of entitled primadonnas who think they're important bc they get paid an absurd amount of money to throw a ball through a hoop. Alot of these guys like Draymond green are common street thugs if not for the NBA. Only sports I'll watch anymore is hockey and baseball
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

xer0 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am I haven't sat through and watched an entire bball game in around 7 years, do not miss it one bit. Basketball is a good sport but the NBA is garbage , the officiating makes it unwatchable and the players are a bunch of entitled primadonnas who think they're important bc they get paid an absurd amount of money to throw a ball through a hoop. Alot of these guys like Draymond green are common street thugs if not for the NBA. Only sports I'll watch anymore is hockey and baseball

Valid points all around

:nashpoint:
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I don't have cable. So I'll check and see the game is on ESPN or TNT and see I can't watch it. Then come to find out the game was also on MAX and I could have watched it. If it's not football then I'm not willing to put in much of an effort to find the game.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

I blame the magic
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Revenues continue to rise. Isn't that the bottom line?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm Revenues continue to rise. Isn't that the bottom line?
No no no, the NBA, which has survived numerous global wartime efforts, numerous stock market crashes pandemics and recessions throughout American history, is most certainly gonna die because stay woke go broke.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Alex_Murphy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 am Meanwhile during the 90s when Jordan played viewership was at an all time high. B-b-b-but Lebron the the GOAT, right?

:mjlaugh:
Yup... Jordan/Bulls/90's NBA completely SHATTERED viewership records that still stand today. Of course that's to be expected in the GOAT era of the NBA, which featured the GOAT Dynasty, GOAT Coach, GOAT two-man, and the overall GOAT player.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm Revenues continue to rise. Isn't that the bottom line?
Half the league's revenue comes from Commie China.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 pm
While I haven't checked that figure, I am pretty certain you are full of shit, as usual.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm
While I haven't checked that figure, I am pretty certain you are full of shit, as usual.
2022-23 NBA revenue = $10.58 Billion with roughly $5 Billion coming from Commie China... look it up meatball.

:slapping:

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

2022-23 NBA revenue = $10.58 Billion with roughly $5 Billion coming from Commie China... look it up meatball.

:slapping:
I did look it up. The only reference I could find that talked of $5 billion, was the size of the investment the NBA has made in China, and it has an entity there that is apparently valued at $9BB? With respect to revenues, there were no sources breaking it down in a precise manner, but I suspect the answer on China is near 5-10%.

Two very large sources of revenue are broadcast rights, ticket sales and other arena revenues. China obviously has no impact on ticket sales and other arena revenues which are now well over $2 Billion. Broadcast right are enormous, the vast majority being domestic, so again, Chinese revenues would be relatively small portion of the broadcast pie. Sponsorship revenues are approaching $2 Billion as well, with virtually none of that associated with China. The big sponsors are Nike, Anheuser-Busch, Pepsi, State Farm and Verizon. Merchandise sales are large, and China would have a "decent" representation there, but still below the rest of the World, including North America by a large margin. The other significant portion of Chinese revenues would come from domestic broadcast and streaming rights.

Forbes has apparently estimated that China contributes $500 million in revenue to the NBA. I am not certain how they got there, but that is their estimate.

You can find that Forbes estimate quoted in this piece which goes through a reasonable amount of where the NBA derives its revenues.
https://www.sportsvalue.com.br/en/nba-h ... 6-billion/
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

It’s hard to watch right now.

I’m a fan but it’s rare to tune into a game of teams you don’t normally root for and see 3-5 stars posting a dnp-coach’s decision.

Someone is always hurt and the league lost its grit. If you hit the 4th quarter and a team is up +15, everyone punts and you can tell they don’t care.

I don’t know how to fix it but right now it’s such a rarity to get a decent game.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 pm It’s hard to watch right now.

I’m a fan but it’s rare to tune into a game of teams you don’t normally root for and see 3-5 stars posting a dnp-coach’s decision.

Someone is always hurt and the league lost its grit. If you hit the 4th quarter and a team is up +15, everyone punts and you can tell they don’t care.

I don’t know how to fix it but right now it’s such a rarity to get a decent game.
Watch more magic games
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 pm It’s hard to watch right now.

It never surprises me when fans of struggling teams somehow find a reason to lessen the product. Of course, it NEVER has anything to do with it.