Vince & Chauncey elected into the Hall of Fame

Talk about anything here.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Re: Vince & Chauncey elected into the Hall of Fame

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Hall of Pretty Good would be more accurate. Those guys shouldn't be in the HOF without buying a ticket.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:18 pm I like how TDK counts Chauncey (started in 1998) and Carter (started in 1999) are counted as "Jordan's era", and then tries to add (mostly) a bunch of good but clearly not-HOFers on the basis of NBA play.

Terry Cummings from 1985 to 1998:
16/7 on 48 percent shooting with two all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 0.6 percent

Alvin Robertson from 1985 to 1998:
14/5 w/3 steals a game with four all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 9.4 percent

Mark Aguirre from 1985 to 1998:
19/5 a game on 48 percent shooting with two all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 8.2 percent

Kevin Johnson from 1985 to 1998 (only playing 729 games):
18/9 on 49 percent shooting with three all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 19.0 percent

Shawn Kemp from 1985 to 1998:
16/10/1.5 a game on 51 percent shooting with six all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 38.4 percent

Kemp might be a marginal case, and KJ a HOFer with a less-injured and longer career but damn. lol
If guys like Billups, Carter (and many others) can get into the HOF then the players I mentioned absolutely belong as well, regardless of the random/cherry-picked criteria you used - ie; All Star game selections - :lol: :roll: :L ).

On that note, you seem to be getting more and more desperate in your quest to try and diminish THE greatest era in NBA history (ie; the mid 80's through 90's). This is not a good look for you.

:L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:11 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:18 pm I like how TDK counts Chauncey (started in 1998) and Carter (started in 1999) are counted as "Jordan's era", and then tries to add (mostly) a bunch of good but clearly not-HOFers on the basis of NBA play.

Terry Cummings from 1985 to 1998:
16/7 on 48 percent shooting with two all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 0.6 percent

Alvin Robertson from 1985 to 1998:
14/5 w/3 steals a game with four all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 9.4 percent

Mark Aguirre from 1985 to 1998:
19/5 a game on 48 percent shooting with two all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 8.2 percent

Kevin Johnson from 1985 to 1998 (only playing 729 games):
18/9 on 49 percent shooting with three all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 19.0 percent

Shawn Kemp from 1985 to 1998:
16/10/1.5 a game on 51 percent shooting with six all-star selections
HOF probability per BR: 38.4 percent

Kemp might be a marginal case, and KJ a HOFer with a less-injured and longer career but damn. lol
If guys like Billups, Carter (and many others) can get into the HOF then the players I mentioned absolutely belong as well, regardless of the random/cherry-picked criteria you used - ie; All Star game selections - :lol: :roll: :L ).

On that note, you seem to be getting more and more desperate in your quest to try and diminish THE greatest era in NBA history (ie; the mid 80's through 90's). This is not a good look for you.

:L
Trying to lump the 90s (even early 90s) with the 80s is the stuff of morons. They aren't remotely comparable.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:11 pm
Or maybe, just maybe...you are exaggerating those players to an absurdity.

No! It couldn't be!

lmao
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:52 pm Hall of Pretty Good would be more accurate. Those guys shouldn't be in the HOF without buying a ticket.
Basketball and baseball has been hall of very good for decades now. I think football is the only one that still uses legit HOF criteria for inductees
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Kemp is the only one who would even be in the hall of very good.

All the others in that list either have short careers (KJ) or were guys who barely flirted with all-star status in even their best seasons.

For a reference point, the best semi-modern statistical match for Mark Aguirre is Hot Rod Williams and Alvin Robertson is Bradley Beal (per BR similarity scores). For Terry Cummings it's Antawan Jamison.

lmao
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:07 pm Kemp is the only one who would even be in the hall of very good.

All the others in that list either have short careers (KJ) or were guys who barely flirted with all-star status in even their best seasons.

For a reference point, the best semi-modern statistical match for Mark Aguirre is Hot Rod Williams and Alvin Robertson is Bradley Beal (per BR similarity scores). For Terry Cummings it's Antawan Jamison.

lmao
Antawn Jamison reminds me of Shareef. Completely empty stats. He made every team he was ever on worse.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:10 pm Antawn Jamison reminds me of Shareef. Completely empty stats. He made every team he was ever on worse.
I'm surprised TDK didn't count him as a should-be-HOFer of the Jordan era.

After all he overlapped with two Jordan seasons and also made TWO all-star games.