Post by Uncontroversial »

Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: 90's basketball was hilarious. MJ would be a scrub today

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Jordan couldn't go Left????

:lol: :roll:

Madness' trolling reaching new levels of stupidity.

:L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
xer0
Hall of Famer

Post by xer0 »

If lechoke was so great, his fans wouldn't need to try to diminish Jordan, Jordan was far ahead of his peers and completely dominated the game in the 90's. Lebron needed to colluded and join another Stars team to collect his championship, this dudes championship legacy is PITIFUL and his fans know it.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Speaking of LeFraud, he only has two (2) "legit" Championships in 21 seasons: His first in 2012, and his third against the Warriors in 2016... and even though many fans would consider that series to be much more of a GS choke-job, I'll give props to LeFraud for that ring.

Otherwise James' career is full of example after example after example of individual choke-jobs and underachieving team success, teammates bailing him out, and the league doing (literally) everything in its power to make the game easier for him.

Not impressed at all...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Im being 100% truthful. Kyrie Irving/Donovan Mitchell type players right now are better than MJ. If MJ played in today's era he would be something like a Jimmy Butler with slightly worse defense.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

CleveTown™ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:37 pm Im being 100% truthful. Kyrie Irving/Donovan Mitchell type players right now are better than MJ. If MJ played in today's era he would be something like a Jimmy Butler with slightly worse defense.
I think he'd be better than that...at least more consistent than those guys, but he wouldn't stand out in this era. Too many good players. No one is going to be impressed if you put up 45 points. Heck, no one even blinks at a triple double any more.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

manchild98 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:05 pm
CleveTown™ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:37 pm Im being 100% truthful. Kyrie Irving/Donovan Mitchell type players right now are better than MJ. If MJ played in today's era he would be something like a Jimmy Butler with slightly worse defense.
I think he'd be better than that...at least more consistent than those guys, but he wouldn't stand out in this era. Too many good players. No one is going to be impressed if you put up 45 points. Heck, no one even blinks at a triple double any more.
Maybe Butler wasn't the best comp. He can't finish at the rim like MJ did. Maybe a mix of Lavine's finishing ability and Derozen's mid game if you can mix those two. A lethal player, but not the GOAT
Last edited by CleveTown™ on Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I remember my coach(es) having an expectation of being able to dribble/drive/finish with my off-hand when I was about 10 or 11 years old.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

90's basketball is becoming a laughing stock worldwide. People are waking up to how bad the era was, and realizing we are seeing the best players of all time today

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Agreed that Jordan's stats in the 80's / 90's wouldn't stand out today; however we must keep in mind that MJ's stats were ccumulated in a era where teams actually played MUCH tougher / more physical Defense than they do today, which means, of course, that MJ's numbers today would be much better than they were back then.

40/8/8/60% would be Mike's standard in this era... and that production would EASILY make him the best player in the game hands-down.

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

its crazy how overrated the 80s/90s were. The whole world is waking up to these facts and laughing

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I already knew Bird was a fraud, but that stat is telling.

He's fallen to 15th on my personal rankings.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

You rely on the completely wrong things for your argument.
Nobody in today's nba comes close to MJ.
It's not skills or stats. It's the mentality.

They all fall extremely short...ESPECIALLY kyrie
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:02 pm
Agreed that Jordan's stats in the 80's / 90's wouldn't stand out today; however we must keep in mind that MJ's stats were ccumulated in a era where teams actually played MUCH tougher / more physical Defense than they do today, which means, of course, that MJ's numbers today would be much better than they were back then.

40/8/8/60% would be Mike's standard in this era... and that production would EASILY make him the best player in the game hands-down.
You are so fucking stupid. If you analyze Mike's skill set and "try" to be objective, the first 3 peat and younger MJ thrives obviously in any era. I would grant you that his statistics are somewhat better than what he achieved because of his incredible ability to drive, but not remotely close to that dumb level you are conjecturing. 2nd repeat MJ at absolute best posts what he did back then. He had lost that magnificent explosiveness and relied much more on a mid-range game by then. No real threat from 3 so he's like a ton of guys in the league right now and that's it.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:10 pm

You are so fucking stupid. If you analyze Mike's skill set and "try" to be objective, the first 3 peat and younger MJ thrives obviously in any era. I would grant you that his statistics are somewhat better than what he achieved because of his incredible ability to drive, but not remotely close to that dumb level you are conjecturing. 2nd repeat MJ at absolute best posts what he did back then. He had lost that magnificent explosiveness and relied much more on a mid-range game by then. No real threat from 3 so he's like a ton of guys in the league right now and that's it.
Soft, non-athletic and average-shooting Luka Donic is averaging nearly 35/9/10 in this cream-puff soft era but you think MJ (circa 85 to about 96-97) wouldn't be able to average 40/8//8.

STHU you old fool, and go eat some cookies.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:45 pm

Soft, non-athletic and average-shooting Luka Donic is averaging nearly 35/9/10 in this cream-puff soft era but you think MJ (circa 85 to about 96-97) wouldn't be able to average 40/8//8.

I'm ripped TDK. I don't eat cookies.

Luka was a pro at 16 playing for one of the best teams in Europe. Pretending he's some stiff is the stuff of morons. He has a stratospheric basketball IQ that he uses to its maximum.

That's not who you should compare MJ to. It is more like mid-size guards who can drive well, shoot the mid-range well but not great from deep. A guy like Kyrie would be a better comparison. Kyrie is much better from deep, has great handles and can drive, but where he falls down among other things is a low basketball IQ and a big fat lack of drive. Donovan Mitchell wouldn't be the worst comparison either, although he definitely can't drive the way a younger MJ could. Point being, Luka is a dumb comparison, and you should look for a player more stylistically closer to how MJ played.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

If rookie AI crossovered Mike, imagine someone with Kyrie's handles would do to him.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:53 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:45 pm

I'm ripped TDK. I don't eat cookies.

Luka was a pro at 16 playing for one of the best teams in Europe. Pretending he's some stiff is the stuff of morons. He has a stratospheric basketball IQ that he uses to its maximum.

That's not who you should compare MJ to. It is more like mid-size guards who can drive well, shoot the mid-range well but not great from deep. A guy like Kyrie would be a better comparison. Kyrie is much better from deep, has great handles and can drive, but where he falls down among other things is a low basketball IQ and a big fat lack of drive. Donovan Mitchell wouldn't be the worst comparison either, although he definitely can't drive the way a younger MJ could. Point being, Luka is a dumb comparison, and you should look for a player more stylistically closer to how MJ played.
:lol: at grizz now cherry-picking who we should/shouldn't compare MJ to in this era.

:roll:

Also, I never said Luka is a stiff... I said he's soft and non-athletic (relative to Jordan at least), and he's not any better of a shooter than Jordan was YET he's dropping 35/9/10 in an era where it's never been easier to Score YET you think the GOAT isn't capable of 40/8/8.

As noted... STHU and go eat a broccoli spear (since you don't eat cookies).