Bob Cousy highlights... WOW, what a Passer!!!

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bob Cousy highlights... WOW, what a Passer!!!

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

This guy's Passing / Playmaking skills were right there with Magic and Bird... how lucky Bill Russell was, to have played alongside such great talent his entire career that he only had to focus on Defense:

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Bob Cousy highlights... WOW, what a Passer!!!

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Those clips look like something you'd see from a pickup game at the local Y today lol
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:38 am Those clips look like something you'd see from a pickup game at the local Y today lol
Cousy would be the best Passer in the game today, bar none.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Bill Russel isn't worth a fine hair on wilts ass, as I said before put wilt on those Celtic teams and they'd struggle to lose a single game.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Cousy
Sharman
Heinsohn
Jones
Hondo
Howell

No wonder Russell was afforded the privilege of only having to focus his efforts on Defense, with all that HOF Offensive firepower around him!

Imagine if Wilt, MJ or Kobe didn't have to worry about Scoring...

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

You're trying way too hard TDK.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:54 pm You're trying way too hard TDK.
His insecurity over the recent exposures of 90s NBA has sent him into a tailspin lol
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

That fastbreak with 10 white guys all in transition

:booker:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I don't give a fuck. Just make me some steak and eggs and a bloody mary.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

xer0 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:02 pm Bill Russel isn't worth a fine hair on wilts ass, as I said before put wilt on those Celtic teams and they'd struggle to lose a single game.
Repeating stupid shit over and over again doesn't make it any less stupid.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:04 pm That fastbreak with 10 white guys all in transition

:booker:
I'm loving the one-footed shot-putting jump shots.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:54 pm You're trying way too hard TDK.
Yes we know grizz: Bill Russell "made" Cousy. In fact if it wasn't for ("your" GOAT) Bill Russell the entire NBA would have folded like a deck of cards by 1970, eh?

:lol: :roll: :L

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bob Cousy before Bill Russell: 6 seasons - ZEROOOO Finals appearances

Bob Cousy with Bill Russell: 6 titles in 7 seasons (Bill Russell was injured in the one non-title season)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:59 pm Bob Cousy before Bill Russell: 6 seasons - ZEROOOO Finals appearances

Bob Cousy with Bill Russell: 6 titles in 7 seasons (Bill Russell was injured in the one non-title season)

LeFraud withOut 2-3 HOF teammates = 0 Rings, several choke-jobs.

What's your point?

Russell "inherited" a Celtics team with six (6) HOFERS on the roster, including the HOF backcourt of Cousy/Sharman, and another HOFER who joined the Celtics the same year (Heinsohn). The following year Boston added (yet) another HOFER (Sam Jones).

Cousy (pre Russell) never played with that much talent around him, and Bob was MVP on the league with Russ as his teammate.

Next.

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

JorDone without HOF Teammates = 0 (ZEROOOOOOO) Playoff series wins

:haha2:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:13 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:59 pm Bob Cousy before Bill Russell: 6 seasons - ZEROOOO Finals appearances

What's your point?

Russell "inherited" a Celtics team with six (6) HOFERS on the roster, including the HOF backcourt of Cousy/Sharman, and another HOFER who joined the Celtics the same year (Heinsohn). The following year Boston added (yet) another HOFER (Sam Jones).

Cousy (pre Russell) never played with that much talent around him, and Bob was MVP on the league with Russ as his teammate.

Next.
No, Russell CREATED a bunch of Hall of Famers thanks to all the titles. The Lakers could have had 6-8 HOFer's on their squad too, if the Celtics didn't keep handing them their asses every season in the Finals. But they didn't. West and Baylor weren't good enough. Hell, even with Wilt they were barely good enough.

Russell is the greatest winner in NBA history. Nothing you say will ever change that very provable fact.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Amazing topic. Just amazed how little I give a shit. Not one person on this site will change their mind about Russell, Jordan or Lebron. Or any article on these topics.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:15 pm

What's your point?

Next.
No, Russell CREATED a bunch of Hall of Famers thanks to all the titles. The Lakers could have had 6-8 HOFer's on their squad too, if the Celtics didn't keep handing them their asses every season in the Finals. But they didn't. West and Baylor weren't good enough. Hell, even with Wilt they were barely good enough.

Russell is the greatest winner in NBA history. Nothing you say will ever change that very provable fact.
Russell didn't "create" Sharman, Cousy, Heinsohn, Jones, Hondo or Howell. Nice try though.

Russell: 25 series wins = 11 Championships
Jordan: 24 series wins = 6 Championships

In terms of raw numbers 11 > 6; howebver in terms of "level of difficulty" Jordan shits all over Russell.

Fact.

elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

I'm not surprised a fan of the 90s thought these highlights were something special.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:15 pm

What's your point?

Next.

Two things. I always like to point to KC Jones as exhibit A in this. Here is a guy in the HOF after spending his entire career with Russell. He averaged 7.4 points, 4.3 assists and 3.5 boards per game in his 9 seasons. He never once averaged 10 points a game. He never once made an all star game, let alone an all NBA team. Yet, he is in the HOF? I wonder why?

As far as Wilt is concerned, I will correct you that even with West and Baylor, he still lost to Russell. Old man Russell, in his very last season in 1969 led the underdog Celtics to their 11th ring in 13 seasons and Wilt shit the bed.