Haslem says Bosh was more important than Lebron

Talk about anything here.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Re: Haslem says Bosh was more important than Lebron

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:20 pm Grizz's Abdur Rahim is Abe's Rashad McCants.
Few players frustrated me more. Sooooo overrated. Decent stats on a crappy team. When things got tight near the end of games and he got double teamed occasionally, he couldn't score and he couldn't pass out of it. He epitomized empty stats.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

You could have added a reasonable SF of the era (like Luol Deng) to the Wade/Bosh pairing and rolled to a title, or at least title contention.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:32 pm You could have added a reasonable SF of the era (like Luol Deng) to the Wade/Bosh pairing and rolled to a title, or at least title contention.
I'll buy title contention, but not title.

But by that argument, the first year the Bulls played without MJ after the first 3 peat, they were a damn good team. A contender of sorts. And that wasn't with a top SG replacing MJ. That was with Pete 'freaking" Myers. Myers gave them a whopping 8 points, 3 assists and 2 boards a game starting 79 games.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:41 pm

But by that argument, the first year the Bulls played without MJ after the first 3 peat, they were a damn good team. A contender of sorts. And that wasn't with a top SG replacing MJ. That was with Pete 'freaking" Myers. Myers gave them a whopping 8 points, 3 assists and 2 boards a game starting 79 games.
I was just being a slight troll, because of the 2015 team immediately following the 2014 team. :D
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Speaking of 2006, I found some interesting stats from that year:

In ‘06, team’s averaged 20.6 assists per game which is the lowest since 1959. Today teams average 26.7 APG which is the highest in NBA history. Ball movement has come a long way since the 2000s deadball era.

As far at FTA, team’s averaged 26.3 per game in ‘06, which was identical to the year before. FTs have have also declined every year since ‘06 and today’s era is shooting the fewest FTs ever. This whole idea that ‘06 was the beginning of a FT parade for superstars isn’t backed by facts. It’s a narrative pushed by MJ stans prop up their fake GOAT.
Last edited by zombiesonics on Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:45 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:41 pm

I was just being a slight troll, because of the 2015 team immediately following the 2014 team. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:17 pm Good old TDK being a data selective moron once again.

First off, on more than a few occasions, he condemned LeBron for not winning with Shaq, when Shaq truly was old and fat. He was 37 and had zero ability to guard the pick and roll or run the floor anymore, but that never stopped you from suggesting that should have been more than enough for LeBron in 2010.

Then, comparing 2006 Shaq to freaking Chris Bosh. Chris Bosh is a HOFer because LeBron got him two rings. He was a better version of Shareef Abdur Rahim with the Raptors. As pointed out, he made 1 all nba team (2nd team) in his freaking career. Meanwhile, Shaq was one season removed from finishing 2nd to Steve Nash for MVP when many thought he was robbed. I will give Bosh credit though, in that he focused more on defense, rebounding and playing his role well with the Heat so that the team could win. Kudos. Let's also not forget that Shaq was getting his 20 points no 60% from the field. No exactly the same as Bosh. Shaq still always commanded a double team. Bosh, not so much.

2006 in its entirety was a bit of a joke. It was the first year of significant handcheck enforcement and no season before or since has since that level of craziness with the parade to the free throw line wings were receiving. Having said that, Pat Riley was a bit of a genius. He used Shaq to start pretty much every quarter and get the Mavs in foul trouble so that the Heat were in the bonus early and often. But those finals were crazy. Wade went to the line 18x, 25x and 21x in 3 of the 4 wins. It was silliness. And despite those goofy free throw attempts, the Heat only won those 3 games by 1, 2 and 3 points respectively.

The only point Haslem had was that Bosh brought something to the Heat that they absolutely needed. He was the only skilled big that could be counted on and in that sense was irreplaceable. Meanwhile, LeBron and Wade were more interchangeable as both brought similar skills, although LeBron was clearly the better player.

But you could say something similar with the Bulls. There is no way on God's green earth the Bulls win the first 3 peat without Horace Grant and there is no way on God's green earth they win the second 3peat without Dennis Rodman, and that is despite the fact the rest of the league was significantly weakened by expansion. Do the Heat win without Bosh or a reasonably similar big. No. Same with the Bulls. It turns out a few things matter when discussing winning titles, and nuance matters when you don't have an agenda.
:roll:
:L

My point: Wade had as much or more help 2011-14 (withOut LeFraud) as he had around him in 2006. Thus, he could have easily won a ring withOut James. Hell, he would have won Finals MVP in 2011 if not for LeBron's massive failure in the Finals.

Also, LeFraud had a LOT more talent around him (in 2010) besides old-man Shaq. Mo Williams was an All Star the previous year (with stats very similar to his last two seasons in Milwaukee... so no, LeFraud didn't "make him" an AS), Antawn Jamison was a 21/9 Forward before teamming with LeFraud, a Top 6 Offense, Top 3 and 4 Shooting team (FG% and 3PT%), and a Top 7 Defense... MORE than enough talent to win a Championship. Instead they got bounced in the second-round by a LOWER seed after taking a 2-1 series lead, only to watch LeFraud lay a MONUMENTAL egg in Games 4-6.

Your hero LeBron is a Fraud, grizz... deal with it.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:08 pm LOL....Shaq was 33 the year they won the title, and was 1st team All-NBA (Wade was 2nd team).
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Well he's dumb then.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.