The Ringer Gave Your Orlando Magic A Grade Of A- Buy Or Sell

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

The Ringer Gave Your Orlando Magic A Grade Of A- Buy Or Sell

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Orlando Magic: A-
Season record: 32-26

Orlando has something special brewing with the duo of Paolo Banchero, who is flourishing as a star and a leader, and Franz Wagner, whose nuanced aggression serves as a complementary counterbalance. Jalen Suggs, Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, a healthy Jonathan Isaac, and Wendell Carter Jr. are helping forge the fulcrum of a defensive-minded identity, too. And Gary Harris and Joe Ingles are the only players older than 26.

So much of what ails them—turnovers, clogged-up creators, a bottom-10 offense—could be remedied with shooting, yet I’m glad they didn’t make any deadline deals to bolster their spacing. With the weakest schedule remaining in the NBA, the Magic are almost certain to at least be a play-in team this spring, which will allow the front office to find out who is built to rise under the bright lights and who flounders under pressure.

Getting into the Buddy Hield sweepstakes probably would have inflated their win total in the short term, but in the long term, I think this is a team that could use more young, top-end talent to grow beyond a second-round peak. And without a Thunder-esque stockpile of other teams’ draft assets, the best way for Orlando to shore up its young talent is through its draft picks, which requires not getting too good too fast.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/2/26 ... s-warriors

:o
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: The Ringer Gave Your Orlando Magic A Grade Of A- Buy Or Sell

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Theyre definitely up and coming,but they could use better shooters. The lack of 3pt shooting is going to get exploited come the playoffs.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

As fun as it is to tweak Artman, the Magic definitely have some things to feel positive about this year.

Which will make it even more funny when they collapse as a function of being associated with Orlando, but still...for now...good for them.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

the bar is so low for the magic that they are given an A for mediocrity lol

Banchero is all flash, no substance. Never heard of Franze, he's a nobody.

They have no chance to make any noise in the playoffs, and will blow it up in the off season, as per usual.
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

My Magic are doing great, thank you very much! Getting brighter by the day!
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

"The soft bigotry of low expectations."
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:58 am
Orlando Magic: A-
Season record: 32-26

Orlando has something special brewing with the duo of Paolo Banchero, who is flourishing as a star and a leader, and Franz Wagner, whose nuanced aggression serves as a complementary counterbalance. Jalen Suggs, Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, a healthy Jonathan Isaac, and Wendell Carter Jr. are helping forge the fulcrum of a defensive-minded identity, too. And Gary Harris and Joe Ingles are the only players older than 26.

So much of what ails them—turnovers, clogged-up creators, a bottom-10 offense—could be remedied with shooting, yet I’m glad they didn’t make any deadline deals to bolster their spacing. With the weakest schedule remaining in the NBA, the Magic are almost certain to at least be a play-in team this spring, which will allow the front office to find out who is built to rise under the bright lights and who flounders under pressure.

Getting into the Buddy Hield sweepstakes probably would have inflated their win total in the short term, but in the long term, I think this is a team that could use more young, top-end talent to grow beyond a second-round peak. And without a Thunder-esque stockpile of other teams’ draft assets, the best way for Orlando to shore up its young talent is through its draft picks, which requires not getting too good too fast.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/2/26 ... s-warriors

:o
33-26
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:14 pm Theyre definitely up and coming,but they could use better shooters. The lack of 3pt shooting is going to get exploited come the playoffs.
They have plenty. They just aren't the entire starting 5. Every player can shoot and make 3 pointers..every one of them. Some at a very high %
Their focus isn't shooting 3s like every other team. It's pounding the paint and scoring or getting to the line unlike every other team...it's an advantage not a weakness

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:35 pm "The soft bigotry of low expectations."
They have improved by 12+ wins the past 2 season. This season should be no different. They have 33 wins. They won a total of 34 last year..the bar is not low at all. It's a successful rebuild. 50+ next season..no ceiling

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

elartman1973 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:12 pm
Sudanese Sensation wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:35 pm "The soft bigotry of low expectations."
They have improved by 12+ wins the past 2 season. This season should be no different. They have 33 wins. They won a total of 34 last year..the bar is not low at all. It's a successful rebuild. 50+ next season..no ceiling
You'll make injury excuses regardless of the outcome.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:17 pm
Very valid excuse. 6 to 8 rotation players out almost 2 months is as valid as it gets.

Imagine claiming it has zero effect on a team

Jfc

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

elartman1973 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Very valid excuse. 6 to 8 rotation players out almost 2 months is as valid as it gets.

Jfc
Sounds like a soft AF team if that's true. Yikes
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Shill Jackson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:12 am Image
Magic >>>> Lakers

Stay triggered, stay owned as fuck

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:00 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Jfc
Sounds like a soft AF team if that's true. Yikes
Says the guy whose best player fakes ankle injuries to avoid playing good teams then miraculously is healed the next day vs shit teams