Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: The media used to claim MJ was a good defender

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:08 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:59 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:52 pm

In your quest to "try" and diminish MJ you continue to build a case for Pippen as a Top 10 player of all-time.

I don't agree with your opinion though, as the 95 Bulls still had Kukoc (the best Euro player in the game at the time) and Ron Harper (a 20/6/5 player the year before) around Pippen, yet they were barely a .500 team until the GOAT arrived.
You can't have it both ways.....just like Lakers fans can't ascend Jabbar or Magic to the top spot. Too much help.

So, either Pippen is a borderline top 10 all-time player, diminishing Jordan's accomplishments.....or he isn't, but then the lack of drop-off when Jordan left would mean Jordan wasn't nearly as important as you'd like to think.

Either way, you've been slapped silly this entire thread.
:L

Again... I'm using YOUR logic, suggesting that Pippen carried MJ on Defense and Pip was the "difference-maker" on that end of the floor, which led to 6 Championships for the Bulls.

Using "your" logic Pippen should be Top 10.

Stop back-pedaling rob, and accept the fact that your stupidity got exposed.
A 2-win difference post-MJ.....and contender to win a title without him.

Just how important could he have been? He's like Kawhi in Toronto. Just the piece that puts them over the top.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:05 pm
vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:53 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:35 pm

Noooo... the common denominater is "difference maker on Defense", as you said.

6 Rings + difference maker on Defense + superior Offensive player than Russell = Top 10 all-time easily, considering Russell is regarded as a Top 3-5 player.

Again... your logic, so don't try back-pedaling now.

PS: The MVP's came because of Russell's Defense, which no one in the NBA played at the time. Pippen would own just as many if he played during Bill's time.
What an unbelievably stupid take.
So you think Russell won MVP's because of his Offense???

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... go take a nap, meatball.

:asskicking:
Did I say that you moron? Russell's level of defensive domination completely dwarfs the level of defensive domination that Pippen and MJ COMBINED had on the court. The evidence is incontrovertible. 12 top defensive ratings and one 2nd in 13 seasons. It dwarfs the impact MJ and Pippen had, even with other top defensive players on the roster.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I just want to say that Wilt was also a great defender in Russell's day, just not on the level that Bill was. So others were playing defense back then besides just Russell.

Carry on though.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:20 pm I just want to say that Wilt was also a great defender in Russell's day, just not on the level that Bill was. So others were playing defense back then besides just Russell.

Carry on though.
Nate Thurmond is another great defensive player from that era that doesn't get enough recognition. Contending people didn't play defense is just TDK making shit up as he goes along.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:29 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:20 pm I just want to say that Wilt was also a great defender in Russell's day, just not on the level that Bill was. So others were playing defense back then besides just Russell.

Carry on though.
Nate Thurmond is another great defensive player from that era that doesn't get enough recognition. Contending people didn't play defense is just TDK making shit up as he goes along.
I honestly don't know much about Nate but that makes sense.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Robceltsfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:10 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:59 pm

You can't have it both ways.....just like Lakers fans can't ascend Jabbar or Magic to the top spot. Too much help.

So, either Pippen is a borderline top 10 all-time player, diminishing Jordan's accomplishments.....or he isn't, but then the lack of drop-off when Jordan left would mean Jordan wasn't nearly as important as you'd like to think.

Either way, you've been slapped silly this entire thread.

Again... I'm using YOUR logic, suggesting that Pippen carried MJ on Defense and Pip was the "difference-maker" on that end of the floor, which led to 6 Championships for the Bulls.

Just how important could he have been? He's like Kawhi in Toronto. Just the piece that puts them over the top.
Not really important IF your definition of success after coming off a 3-Peat = a semi-finals series loss.

:roll:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:57 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:10 pm

Not really important IF your definition of success after coming off a 3-Peat = a semi-finals series loss.

:roll:
It would classify them AT WORST as a top-8 team.....but since they took the eventual EC champs to the brink, I'd say they were easily a top-5 squad WITHOUT Michael Jeffrey Jordan.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~