Talk about anything here.
Thedictator
Legend

Re: Demand for EV's falling off the cliff... madness ruined - lol

Post by Thedictator »

Uncontroversial wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:51 am
Thedictator wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:28 am
Uncontroversial wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:01 pm

Tesla sets new records for their sales with each passing quarter, including 466,000 in their most recent quarter despite crazy interest rates. Other car companies are 10 years behind in technology and are struggling. They deserve what’s coming.

Everyone here will own an electric car soon. A gas car bought today will be worth $0 in 5 years, so be careful

Teslas are better than gas cars in every way

More convenient to “refuel” at home while sleeping for cheap vs gas station

Better acceleration

Self driving

Quiet ride, better for music sound quality

Better tech entertainment

Can run AC or heat while in garage

Car automatically navigates to chargers on road trips. Can use them with no card, no need to type any info, just plug in and chill in the car with AC on watching Netflix or playing steam games on the build in giant touch screen

8 security cameras filming when someone is near your car when you’re away

Lower maintenance with no fuel pump, no transmission, no timing belt, no spark plugs, etc

I could go on and on
They set a record by reducing the price by 20% and having the government offer 7500 tax incentives

Charging my phone is annoying enough why would i want to charge my car everyday? Plus anyone who owns a phone sees what happens to the battery "life" after a few years...That range just keeps shrinking every year, well a gas tank that fills up in less then 2 minutes stays the same for life.

It doesn't drive better than a Mercedes or BMW

They all have self driving. BMW highway assistant has been rated as better self driving too...Mercedes just got approved for level 3, legally.

Long story short, i would rather pay more for gas for the added convenience. Plus the more people that switch the cheaper gas will get.
Not that many people qualify for the subsidy. Theres an income limit, yet you have to earn enough income to pay 7500 in taxes. Price drops were to make up for soaring interest rates. Tesla still has the best margins in the auto industry, but the price drops are why other EV companies are now toast, sitting on lots.

Regarding battery degradation, on average people see 12% battery degradation after 200,000 miles. The car has basically 5,000 phone batteries, and they are temp controlled when in use, and not, for longer life. Warranty alone is 120k miles for 70% battery life. It's a non issue. By the time a battery needs replacing it will be cheap to do so, as costs are rapidly coming down. Batteries are 95% recyclable too.

Charging a phone is annoying because it tethers you. Everyone goes at least a few hours per day without driving, so when you're charging, you arent tethered. You are eating, sleeping, watching TV, etc.

Nobody comes close to Tesla's self driving, nor will they ever. Tesla has custom, powerful CPU's inside every car theyve made since 2016, and one of the largest AI supercomputer clusters in the world, and that will be 100x larger than second place by the end of next year, for AI training. Custom DOJO chips now in production this month now that Nvidia's are sold out. Not to mention billions of miles of data from the vehicles 8 cameras and CPU readouts for 6 years. Self Driving isnt some off the shelf tech, it's required insane software and hardware development at headquarters and in the car. Boomer legacy auto companies barely comprehend it, no way they can ever make it. Nobody else has even started doing it for real yet for cars that you can purchase. They will be licensing the software from Tesla when it's complete.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ciy6h-UMs6Y

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/npdpNDznH-g
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

Thedictator wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:58 am
Thedictator wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:28 am

They set a record by reducing the price by 20% and having the government offer 7500 tax incentives

Charging my phone is annoying enough why would i want to charge my car everyday? Plus anyone who owns a phone sees what happens to the battery "life" after a few years...That range just keeps shrinking every year, well a gas tank that fills up in less then 2 minutes stays the same for life.

It doesn't drive better than a Mercedes or BMW

They all have self driving. BMW highway assistant has been rated as better self driving too...Mercedes just got approved for level 3, legally.

Long story short, i would rather pay more for gas for the added convenience. Plus the more people that switch the cheaper gas will get.
Not that many people qualify for the subsidy. Theres an income limit, yet you have to earn enough income to pay 7500 in taxes. Price drops were to make up for soaring interest rates. Tesla still has the best margins in the auto industry, but the price drops are why other EV companies are now toast, sitting on lots.

Regarding battery degradation, on average people see 12% battery degradation after 200,000 miles. The car has basically 5,000 phone batteries, and they are temp controlled when in use, and not, for longer life. Warranty alone is 120k miles for 70% battery life. It's a non issue. By the time a battery needs replacing it will be cheap to do so, as costs are rapidly coming down. Batteries are 95% recyclable too.

Charging a phone is annoying because it tethers you. Everyone goes at least a few hours per day without driving, so when you're charging, you arent tethered. You are eating, sleeping, watching TV, etc.

Nobody comes close to Tesla's self driving, nor will they ever. Tesla has custom, powerful CPU's inside every car theyve made since 2016, and one of the largest AI supercomputer clusters in the world, and that will be 100x larger than second place by the end of next year, for AI training. Custom DOJO chips now in production this month now that Nvidia's are sold out. Not to mention billions of miles of data from the vehicles 8 cameras and CPU readouts for 6 years. Self Driving isnt some off the shelf tech, it's required insane software and hardware development at headquarters and in the car. Boomer legacy auto companies barely comprehend it, no way they can ever make it. Nobody else has even started doing it for real yet for cars that you can purchase. They will be licensing the software from Tesla when it's complete.

lmao thats not close. Having to touch the wheel is an extra safety mmeasure, not a limitation. They can remove that whenever they want.

My tesla drives itself completely, on city streets, highways, residential areas, urban areas and dirt roads. It still makes some mistakes now and then. The data from the mistakes gets reported back to the AI. What BMW and others have is cruise control + stay in the lines. Mine stops at red lights, makes unprotected left turns, merges, yields, changes lanes, everything, and gets a software update improvement every couple weeks. Eventually, soon, it will not need a human in it

Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Good thing tesla utilizes slave labor to mine their cobalt and the parts will never biodegrade or be recycled. But at least the owners can feel snooty about not buying gas?
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Uncontroversial wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:09 pm
Thedictator wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:58 am

lmao thats not close. Having to touch the wheel is an extra safety mmeasure, not a limitation. They can remove that whenever they want.

My tesla drives itself completely, on city streets, highways, residential areas, urban areas and dirt roads. It still makes some mistakes now and then. The data from the mistakes gets reported back to the AI. What BMW and others have is cruise control + stay in the lines. Mine stops at red lights, makes unprotected left turns, merges, yields, changes lanes, everything, and gets a software update improvement every couple weeks. Eventually, soon, it will not need a human in it

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

AlaskaHawks wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:28 pm Good thing tesla utilizes slave labor to mine their cobalt and the parts will never biodegrade or be recycled. But at least the owners can feel snooty about not buying gas?
0 slave labor at the supplier mines. All parts recyclable. All these misconceptions are you brainwashed by big oil. Or just trolling me, or playing devils advocate, but I’m happy to set the record straight anyways.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Like I said..zero charge stations on my drive and i passed through atlanta Chattanooganashville st louis and omaha

Ouchie
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

elartman1973 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:29 pm Like I said..zero charge stations on my drive and i passed through atlanta Chattanooganashville st louis and omaha

Ouchie
There were tons. They don’t put billboards. Our cars automatically navigate to them.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Zero
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

elartman1973 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:32 pmZero
incorrectolio

my tesla app shows me the routes between those cities with charger stops. Thats not all the chargers, just the ones it recommends i stop at.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

In artmans brain, he didn't personally see/notice a charger, so it doest exist. Smh
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

They put chargers everywhere before they even had meaningful sales. Elon is a genius. All the Twitter stuff and political attacks have clouded this fact. If you look at the details of the achievements and decisions he’s made at Tesla and spacex, he’s one of the great geniuses in human history. People think he’s just like Donald Trump lol :L

The chargers also never break down, so easy to use, and cost 1/5th to make and install what other companies pay

Elons haters are missing a hell of a show
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Uncontroversial wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:14 pm They put chargers everywhere before they even had meaningful sales. Elon is a genius. All the Twitter stuff and political attacks have clouded this fact. If you look at the details of the achievements and decisions he’s made at Tesla and spacex, he’s one of the great geniuses in human history. People think he’s just like Donald Trump lol :L

The chargers also never break down, so easy to use, and cost 1/5th to make and install what other companies pay

Elon could never achieve what Trump has, he could never get himself elected president or create an army of 80 million people who will support him no matter what. So it's not like it doesn't go both ways.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:31 pm
Uncontroversial wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:14 pm They put chargers everywhere before they even had meaningful sales. Elon is a genius. All the Twitter stuff and political attacks have clouded this fact. If you look at the details of the achievements and decisions he’s made at Tesla and spacex, he’s one of the great geniuses in human history. People think he’s just like Donald Trump lol :L

Elon could never achieve what Trump has, he could never get himself elected president or create an army of 80 million people who will support him no matter what. So it's not like it doesn't go both ways.
he could, but he's having more influence and positive contributions to quality of life on the planet, not just the country, than any president could. This will be obvious and undisputed a decade from now.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Uncontroversial wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:09 pm
"Tesla shares fall nearly 10% after earnings decline from year-ago quarter"

Oops, meanwhile their "full self driving cars" don't even have Lidar lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/20/tesla-s ... -drop.html
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Thedictator wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:57 am

Sales up. Profits down due to lower prices caused by higher interest rates. Total cost to consumer the same because of interest rates, yet record sales every quarter, and still healthy margins compared to others. LiDar doesnt work for FSD, thats why Google tried and failed for 30 years to create FSD.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:31 pm

Trump went from Billionaire Real Estate mogul to having a top-rated TV show, to the GOAT President... on a side note, funny how ALL the Lefties and Elites loved him to death when he was a businessman/TV personality, yet the day he announced he's running for President all these anti-American Liberal scum turned their back on him instantly.

That alone should convince any critic that Trump was/is doing something right...

Anyway, back to the point: Elon openly credits Trump's "The Art Of The Deal" (which is a fantastic read, BTW) as being a YUUUUGE influence/factor in his (Musk's) success.

So basically Trump = Elon's Daddy!

:trumplol:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Uncontroversial wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:00 am
Thedictator wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:57 am

Sales up. Profits down due to lower prices caused by higher interest rates. Total cost to consumer the same because of interest rates, yet record sales every quarter, and still healthy margins compared to others. LiDar doesnt work for FSD, thats why Google tried and failed for 30 years to create FSD.
No one disputes Tesla's status as the king of the EV industry... the issue you fail to grasp is that these cars have been around for decades (at least the hybrid's) YET as of today only 1-2% of all cars on the road in America are electric.

So you hyping up sales and profits is completely meaningless as it relates to the fact that the industry itself is going nowhere fast.

Oh, and the SURPLUS of these vehicles remains outragously YUUUGE because of the high cost to own one and the inconvenience (real or perceived) of maintaining one. Thus... Americans are not ready for mainstream EV's, and probably won't be for another 50 years.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »