Richard Sherman owns and destroys this board.

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Richard Sherman owns and destroys this board.

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

If you equate what Jordan said directly to Bogues on the court where nobody on television could hear him and what Sherman did on national television (not directly to Crabtree)... it's not worth continuing this discussion.

We're looking at the same situation too far removed to find any semblance of agreement. That being said, only one of us is a HUGE fan of the team Sherman plays for (and probably for the player himself) with a vested emotional and financial interest in that play, that player and that team. Take that for what it's worth.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

If you equate what Jordan said directly to Bogues on the court where nobody on television could hear him and what Sherman did on national television (not directly to Crabtree)... it's not worth continuing this discussion.

We're looking at the same situation too far removed to find any semblance of agreement. That being said, only one of us is a HUGE fan of the team Sherman plays for (and probably for the player himself) with a vested emotional and financial interest in that play, that player and that team. Take that for what it's worth.

I'm not attempting to introduce any bias into the situation. I'm sure there is some, however, my point stands. Like I said, Jordan called out people in his HOF speech, so that was definitely heard on TV. I'm not usually a fan of trash talking, but this was 1 minute after the biggest game of this guys life, and the biggest play. Yet people act all indignant that he called a guy out who had said plenty to him in the offseason and in the game. What he said wasn't even that bad at all. He called Crab sorry and mediocre. If that's offensive, in 50 years, we really all will be chicks.

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/postgame/
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I'm not attempting to introduce any bias into the situation. I'm sure there is some, however, my point stands. Like I said, Jordan called out people in his HOF speech, so that was definitely heard on TV. I'm not usually a fan of trash talking, but this was 1 minute after the biggest game of this guys life, and the biggest play. Yet people act all indignant that he called a guy out who had said plenty to him in the offseason and in the game. What he said wasn't even that bad at all. He called Crab sorry and mediocre. If that's offensive, in 50 years, we really all will be chicks.

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/postgame/

1) Your bias is obvious.
2) Jordan was ripped for his callous, malicious speech.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I guess some people are just really thin skinned and easily offended. If a grown man calling another grown man "sorry" is bad, I don't know what to tell you.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:I guess some people are just really thin skinned and easily offended. If a grown man calling another grown man "sorry" is bad, I don't know what to tell you.

I said it was trollish. If that's his intent... he's really good at it. And I said he's marketing himself amazingly well. Even though you think people care (or know) that he was a 5th round pick who made good... they don't. But they do know him as the loudmouth (good or bad). He's newsworthy now because of what he said more than what he did (sadly). He's carrying the torch that guys like Owens, Chad Johnson, Moss and many others carried before him. He might be smarter, or more calculating, to parlay it into lasting relevancy. We'll see.

I watched all of 57 seconds of the game (including the interception) so I have no dog in this. Unlike others.
steveo
Role Player

Post by steveo »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of trash talking, but I don't see what he said that was so wrong. He just made a huge play that sealed an NFC Championship game win, and people act like he shouldn't be amped. I can imagine how much talk was coming from Crab and others earlier in the game too. All good as long as you back it up.

GO HAWKS

Trash talking is between the players. That's what they do. It's what ALL of them do, to some degree. Taking what's said between players and bringing it public?

Meh.

Again... back to Sherman being a real-life Internet troll, that's like taking a personal message and taking it public. Or, making 100 predictions or stupid comments... then rubbing the one correct one in everybody's face over and over again, or claiming a poster said something that they might not have over and over again.

I'm telling you. He's a world-class troll.
Disagree with that. I don't think he's trolling. Crab was talking a ton of shit in the offseason, and said some personal things. Sherm wouldn't have wanted to make the play against anyone else. Fuck the Niners.
It seams that it was more than just things being said:
Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton.

“I’m going to make a play and embarrass him,” Richard Sherman vowed that day.
http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... 20xml.html
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

It seams that it was more than just things being said:
Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton.

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... 20xml.html[/quote]

Crabtree could be the most vile human being on Earth. I don't know. Maybe Sherman could be justified to murder Crabtree on the field. I don't know.

But I don't know if I'd take his brother's anecdotal word for it as gospel. He MIGHT be slightly biased.
steveo
Role Player

Post by steveo »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:It seams that it was more than just things being said:

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... 20xml.html

Crabtree could be the most vile human being on Earth. I don't know. Maybe Sherman could be justified to murder Crabtree on the field. I don't know.

But I don't know if I'd take his brother's anecdotal word for it as gospel. He MIGHT be slightly biased.[/quote]

I don't necessarily believe him but it does make the story a bit more interesting, especially if this turns into an ongoing situation.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Richard sherman is a class piece of shit.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Last edited by Deez on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

AlaskaHawks wrote:I guess some people are just really thin skinned and easily offended. If a grown man calling another grown man "sorry" is bad, I don't know what to tell you.

Dana Stubblfield called my teams entire organization the "same old sorry ass Rams" publicly.

Fuck the 40 whiners.

he was right though.

:(
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:When I see Richard Sherman on television, whether being an ass and ripping Skip Bayless, being an ass and acting a fool to Tom Brady or Crabtree, being an ass in a postgame interview, etc... it always seems like I'm watching an Internet troll blown up into real life.

All the same antics are in play...
Wrong..didnt know who he was til today and i wasnt missing much...clearly he dominates your mind
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:When I see Richard Sherman on television, whether being an ass and ripping Skip Bayless, being an ass and acting a fool to Tom Brady or Crabtree, being an ass in a postgame interview, etc... it always seems like I'm watching an Internet troll blown up into real life.

All the same antics are in play...
Wrong..didnt know who he was til today and i wasnt missing much...clearly he dominates your mind

Can you repeat the stuff about all the stuff again?