Did last night affect Peyton's legacy?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 7

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Did last night affect Peyton's legacy?

Post by kobeunderbite »

No, it only could have furthered it but didn't.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

jjgator wrote:The announcers said no, but I don't see how it couldn't. Peyton is an amazing regular season QB, but he is one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time. He should spend some time with his little brother and Tim Tebow in the offseason to try to get some of their clutchness to rub off on him.

The more you mention Tim Tebow the more it negates the possibility of anything you say regarding football being taken seriously.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Eli and Tebow both are 1,000,000x more clutch than Peyton, and that's not even remotely debatable.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I don't understand how it cannot. How do you set both passing & TD marks during the season only to play like hot garbage on the biggest stage?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:I don't understand how it cannot. How do you set both passing & TD marks during the season only to play like hot garbage on the biggest stage?

To be fair, the enire Bronco team played like garbage.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Maybe borderline top 10 ever
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

rileymartin wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:I don't understand how it cannot. How do you set both passing & TD marks during the season only to play like hot garbage on the biggest stage?

True. But that doesn't take away from the fact this wildly heralded "GOAT" quarterback has an 11-12 career playoff record. His QB rating last night was the 2nd worst for a SB ever.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

True. But that doesn't take away from the fact this wildly heralded "GOAT" regular season quarterback has an 11-12 career playoff record. His QB rating last night was the 2nd worst for a SB ever.
Fixed
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

The goal in sports is to WIN it all, not be the runner up. Now had Manning played lights-out and still lost, then perhaps an exception is made; however he flat-out laid an egg.

No question it impacts his legacy... the same way winning the SB yesterday would have done so in a favorable manner.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

There isn't a QB in NFL history that could have withstood that Seattle defensive slaughter. Kam Chancellor should be a registered weapon, that guy can't be real. By far the best secondary I've ever seen, and best defense I've ever seen, makes the 85 Bears look like cream puffs. You put pressure on any QB, with that secondary backing you up, Manning never had a chance guys, this effects his legacy very little in my book.

Joe Montana in his 4 SB wins, only faced a top 5 defense once (89 Broncos), Tom Brady in his 3 SB wins, faced a Top 5 defense once(04 Eagles). Although using the opposition is just an excuse, it is a noteworthy circumstance that should make you think twice before aimlessly cascading Peyton down your all time ranking at defeat's face value.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

lettherebehouse wrote:There isn't a QB in NFL history that could have withstood that Seattle defensive slaughter. Kam Chancellor should be a registered weapon, that guy can't be real. By far the best secondary I've ever seen, and best defense I've ever seen, makes the 85 Bears look like cream puffs. You put pressure on any QB, with that secondary backing you up, Manning never had a chance guys, this effects his legacy very little in my book.

Joe Montana in his 4 SB wins, only faced a top 5 defense once (89 Broncos), Tom Brady in his 3 SB wins, faced a Top 5 defense once(04 Eagles). Although using the opposition is just an excuse, it is a noteworthy circumstance that should make you think twice before aimlessly cascading Peyton down your all time ranking at defeat's face value.
There is some truth in that. There is also truth in the fact that his playoff record just doesn't come close to his regular season record and that matters. You can't just pretend it doesn't exist.