DC is back

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: DC is back

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:41 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm Haven't watched it... the crisis on infinite earths thing told me all I think I need to know about those DC shows...

Is it better than Wandavision?
So far yes. Wandavision was great until they introduced Agatha. That ruined the whole thing for me. You can't build a ton of intrigue just to have another generic cgi battle at the end.

The last few episodes of Wandavision really dampened my hopes for Falcon/Winter Soldier. I'm now expecting a quip-fest with Winter Soldier(movie)-style hand-to-hand fighting mixed in and a tame story.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Oh I forgot Joker. So disturbing and even though that isn't my Joker, I can recognize great writing and acting. That wasn't an easy hang and I'm not rushing out the door to watch it again.

Like Zombie, I am very excited for the Pattinson Batman.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:41 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm Haven't watched it... the crisis on infinite earths thing told me all I think I need to know about those DC shows...

Is it better than Wandavision?
So far yes. Wandavision was great until they introduced Agatha. That ruined the whole thing for me. You can't build a ton of intrigue just to have another generic cgi battle at the end.

The last few episodes of Wandavision really dampened my hopes for Falcon/Winter Soldier. I'm now expecting a quip-fest with Winter Soldier(movie)-style hand-to-hand fighting mixed in and a tame story.
I was hoping for some espionage like Winter Soldier but I don't think we're gonna get it. I'm still excited for it.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:15 pm
Macrotus wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 pm JL gonna be epic...can't wait.
Sorry but I completely disagree. I can't see it being anything but disappointing. It's amazing how willing most are to look over the fact that Zack Snyder isn't a great director. His movies are mostly a mess.
I love Man of Steel, Watchmen & 300. Story wise, BVS is a mess...but visually it's still pretty entertaining. He has a lot of time to put his version of JL together...hopefully, it's as good as everyone is saying.