Interesting thing from yesterday. Well, Interesting to me...

Talk about anything here.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Interesting thing from yesterday. Well, Interesting to me...

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Many here have probably seen posts from me where I've talked about the benefits of meditation. I've been practicing meditation with reasonable regularity for years.

Well, I tried something definitely different yesterday. I had a dentist appointment to repair a chipped molar. But it's a pretty long appointment because they need to prep the tooth and put a temporary crown before a permanent crown can be put in place.

Shortly after the dentist started doing his thing I began to meditate. A few different types, one focused exclusively on my breath and another being mindful of every sound, from the drill to the ventilation system, shuffling feet, outside wind etc...

Well, long story short, when I checked my Fitbit this morning to see my sleep score, the Fitbit had been fooled into thinking I had slept for over an hour while I was meditating. Anyways, I thought it was neat, but I don't get out much ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Interesting thing from yesterday. Well, Interesting to me...

Post by LNS »

I’ve done diaphragmatic breathing on and off for years, and while it’s very soothing and all that I just can never continue with it for that long. But I’ve been using a shakti mat for the past few months and I’m thinking about incorporating both at once.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Cool story. Can you meditate enough so you don't need anesthesia?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

LookAway wrote:Cool story. Can you meditate enough so you don't need anesthesia?
I definitely wasn't about to try that on this procedure. It was a back molar and the crack he was working on was at the very back and away part of the tooth. It took a lot of drilling and putting on a temporary crown was really challenging. When the freezing wore off, my jaw (not the tooth) was sore for the rest of the day.

Edit: you've given me an idea though. I'll ask the dentist ahead of time when the permanent crown is placed next Thursday whether freezing is really necessary for this part of the procedure. If it isn't, I'll try to do without.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LookAway wrote:Cool story. Can you meditate enough so you don't need anesthesia?
what a dumb stupid question. :laugh3:
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
That is precisely why you are the worst poster on AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LookAway wrote:
UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
That is precisely why you are the worst poster on AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It must be a challenge for you just to come across funny and not incredibly boring and dumb as fuck. LOL.

keep trying kiddo... maybe one day you'll make a memorable thread but I wouldn't bet on it. :laugh3: