Ok. Ok. I get the hint.

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Ok. Ok. I get the hint.

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I snowblow the driveway for my old man neighbor across the street.

This morning, he opened the garage door for me to grab the snowblower.
After a couple of hours, he moved the snowblower out from the garage to the driveway.
Now, I just watched him put some gas in. And he moved it to a more prominent location.

I think he's trying to tell me something...
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Ok. Ok. I get the hint.

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Max. wrote:It was 86 and sunny yesterday.

Max is smarter than Abe.

:|
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

How old is he?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote:How old is he?

95 or 96.

Old Russian guy with a bomb shelter in his basement. Built the house in 1959. Put the bomb shelter in because "You can't trust those Russians."

When he introduced me to his wife... "She's my second. I like her better. She cuts the grass."
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I snowblow the driveway for my old man neighbor across the street.

After a couple of hours, he moved the snowblower out from the garage to the driveway.
Now, I just watched him put some gas in. And he moved it to a more prominent location.

Do you have a nice one, or just a cheap one? I bought one a few years back for like 500, we haven't had any snow yet this year, but we might get some tonight...I love firing that thing up and blasting the snow...Especially if kids are out...You can nail them with the snow when it shoots out lol
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

95 or 96.

Old Russian guy with a bomb shelter in his basement. Built the house in 1959. Put the bomb shelter in because "You can't trust those Russians."

When he introduced me to his wife... "She's my second. I like her better. She cuts the grass."

Yeah... I was gonna say if he’s in his 70’s then he’s kinda taking advantage, but 95 is really up there. Him just putting gas in it for you might’ve taxed his strength.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I'm always thankful to the guy that lives across the street from my parents. He plows their driveway every time it snows. Pretty awesome of him.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Thedictator wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I snowblow the driveway for my old man neighbor across the street.

Do you have a nice one, or just a cheap one? I bought one a few years back for like 500, we haven't had any snow yet this year, but we might get some tonight...I love firing that thing up and blasting the snow...Especially if kids are out...You can nail them with the snow when it shoots out lol
I have a pretty good one. But it's broken. That's how I got into this mess. We had a huge snowfall and he offered me his if I did his driveway. Apparently, that became an every time thing. I still haven't fixed mine. I figured I'm stuck doing that guy's drive anyway... and he has a new one.

Old guy cucked Abe into doing his driveway for three years now? Yep.

:L

[Note: We redid our basement last year. He asked what the contractor was doing that particular day. I told him trim work. Later, he cornered the contractor on the street and "hired" him to trim his landscaping. The contractor never agreed to this. The old man basically told him he should trim his bushes for $20. The contractor was so confused he never told him "No."]
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I'm always thankful to the guy that lives across the street from my parents. He plows their driveway every time it snows. Pretty awesome of him.

I feel bad for my 75 year old neighbor. Like EVERYBODY else over 60 in the neighborhood, he hires out a plow to do his drive... and a nearby kid to do his patio and steps.

Meanwhile, the old guy across the street... who used to pay for that service... has me for free. I should do both. I'll offer that up next year. I know he already has the service contract for this year. (I don't think my neighbor is a big fan of the older guy.)

[Note: I do help with his walkway... the communal mailbox... and the end of his driveway after the plow goes through a second time and his service has already done its pass through.]
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Thedictator wrote:

I have a pretty good one. But it's broken. That's how I got into this mess. We had a huge snowfall and he offered me his if I did his driveway. Apparently, that became an every time thing. I still haven't fixed mine. I figured I'm stuck doing that guy's drive anyway... and he has a new one.

Old guy cucked Abe into doing his driveway for three years now? Yep.

:L

[Note: We redid our basement last year. He asked what the contractor was doing that particular day. I told him trim work. Later, he cornered the contractor on the street and "hired" him to trim his landscaping. The contractor never agreed to this. The old man basically told him he should trim his bushes for $20. The contractor was so confused he never told him "No."]

I like this guy. He’s good. Real good.

:booker:
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Gotta respect someone his age who toughs it out for brutal winters instead of turning into a Florida snowbird.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Gotta respect someone his age who toughs it out for brutal winters instead of turning into a Florida snowbird.
Mentioned before...

Our first winter here... his wife fell on the icy steps and broke her leg. We saw it happen and sat with her for the ambulance. I had to wake him up. He awoke confused wearing white long underwear, a white long-sleeved shirt and a white do-rag on his head. I was just glad I didn't walk into an old-man-balls flying in the breeze situation.

[Note: Within the first 3 or 4 months... we helped one neighbor who fell off his bike and broke his arm. Our next-door neighbor with cancer fell and hit her head and we arrived to see her with a trail of blood... and then the broken leg. We had many reservations about this house and neighborhood as it was... it was a weird, surreal time for us.]
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

95 or 96.

Am I the only one that read this with a Russian accent?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:Gotta respect someone his age who toughs it out for brutal winters instead of turning into a Florida snowbird.
Mentioned before...

Our first winter here... his wife fell on the icy steps and broke her leg. We saw it happen and sat with her for the ambulance. I had to wake him up. He awoke confused wearing white long underwear, a white long-sleeved shirt and a white do-rag on his head. I was just glad I didn't walk into an old-man-balls flying in the breeze situation.

[Note: Within the first 3 or 4 months... we helped one neighbor who fell off his bike and broke his arm. Our next-door neighbor with cancer fell and hit her head and we arrived to see her with a trail of blood... and then the broken leg. We had many reservations about this house and neighborhood as it was... it was a weird, surreal time for us.]
Do you guys live in a convalescent community?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LookAway wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Mentioned before...

Felt that way when we moved here. We were not happy.

The neighborhood has changed over quite a bit in the past few years which we expected... sans my two neighbors.

_______

By the way... it was very thick, slushy snow. The snowblower bogged down... all of it got stuck in the chute. I stopped it to try to clean it. Couldn't get it all out. It didn't start when I tried to re-start it.

Ummm...

I might have broken it. :L
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LookAway wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Mentioned before...

The neighborhood has changed over quite a bit in the past few years which we expected... sans my two neighbors.

_______

By the way... it was very thick, slushy snow. The snowblower bogged down... all of it got stuck in the chute. I stopped it to try to clean it. Couldn't get it all out. It didn't start when I tried to re-start it.

Ummm...

You know they sell these fancy new items on Amazon that helps in these scenarios
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

LookAway wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LookAway wrote:

_______

Ummm...

You know they sell these fancy new items on Amazon that helps in these scenarios
You can also rent one of these
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**