So wtf is up with Kyrie?

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: So wtf is up with Kyrie?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

He's gonna push the NBA's social justice PR strategy to the brink...

... he's gonna play that angle.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

He's a fucking weirdo.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

This fool is basically Rodman Lite. Abusing the contract employee system because he's rich and knows any punishment is gonna be chump change he can just pay in cash out the wallet.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

He needs to be fined for every game he misses. Twice is game salary.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Can you say "entitled".
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Harden and Kyrie belong together
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Clown was on a Zoom meeting during the Nets game
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Can you say "entitled".

Yes. As I've been writing... Player Empowerment has never been the right term.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

The further Kyrie gets from Lebron, the more amazing it appears that Lebron won a championship with the guy.

I get that Kyrie is a very good basketball player but imagine being a teammate of Kyrie's and dealing with all his off the court crap. How Lebron was able to squeeze the best parts of Kyrie onto the court and not let the off the court antics destroy anything is kind of amazing.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:The further Kyrie gets from Lebron, the more amazing it appears that Lebron won a championship with the guy.

I get that Kyrie is a very good basketball player but imagine being a teammate of Kyrie's and dealing with all his off the court crap. How Lebron was able to squeeze the best parts of Kyrie onto the court and not let the off the court antics destroy anything is kind of amazing.

To be fair... some guys lean in to this stuff as their careers progress.

It's very likely that 23-year-old (no championship) Irving wasn't as "woke" as 28-year-old Irving with $126M in the bank.

[Note: See Dennis Rodman for another example of this.]
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:The further Kyrie gets from Lebron, the more amazing it appears that Lebron won a championship with the guy.

It's very likely that 23-year-old (no championship) Irving wasn't as "woke" as 28-year-old Irving with $126M in the bank.

I think he "woke" early. I think it's likely he worked his way out of Cleveland because he saw himself as "the guy" and "special" really early on in his career.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I think he "woke" early. I think it's likely he worked his way out of Cleveland because he saw himself as "the guy" and "special" really early on in his career.

I'm sure this didn't just happen out of nowhere. But either Cleveland did a much better job keeping it under wraps or he didn't express them as publicly. Probably... he wokeness grew... especially once he found out that he had such a megaphone for such nonsense.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Don't you remember the videos of him challenging Kobe to 1on1 and telling him he'd beat him easily.

phpBB [video]
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Don't you remember the videos of him challenging Kobe to 1on1 and telling him he'd beat him easily.

phpBB [video]
His perception of what he brings to a basketball team with respect to wins and losses is severely out of whack with reality. The run in Cleveland pre LeBron was awful, the stint in Boston completely forgettable and in Brooklyn I believe actually has a better record without him than with him since going there, although I haven't checked that one.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

phpBB [video]

That video might be the closest thing I've seen to Kyrie Irving acting like a normal basketball player off the court.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

phpBB [video]

That video might be the closest thing I've seen to Kyrie Irving acting like a normal basketball player off the court.
Kyrie would be a tough guard in a game of 1 on 1. They never did end up playing that game but there is a cool video showing the next time they squared off in an actual game. Kyrie scored something like 28 points but wasn't guarded by Kobe much. Kobe went off for like 42 including scoring 100% of the times that Kyrie guarded him.

phpBB [video]
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

phpBB [video]

Kyrie would be a tough guard in a game of 1 on 1. They never did end up playing that game but there is a cool video showing the next time they squared off in an actual game. Kyrie scored something like 28 points but wasn't guarded by Kobe much. Kobe went off for like 42 including scoring 100% of the times that Kyrie guarded him.

phpBB [video]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

:pjaxlol: