Gordon Hayward

Talk about anything here.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Gordon Hayward

Post by Shill Jackson »

Nice to see the lad doing well, playing with exuberance again

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Gordon Hayward

Post by Kingcarl24 »

He's a great player but should never be the best player on your team.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

22/5/4 with 50/40/93 splits.

Disappointed he's not in Boston. To Karl's post, he seems like the perfect 3rd option.

That team is above .500 with its PG shooting 29%. (and no... it's not LaMelo. That kid is actually looking pretty good.)
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Are we starting to see a bit of Celtics' curse? Kyrie comes and goes in a bit of a clusterfuck, Heyward's tenure was completely marred from pretty much day one all the way to the botched trade with Indiana, Kemba may be playing on one knee the rest of his career?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Any white nba players who aren't cucked? Like a John Rocker-type?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Hayward is one of a few NBA players having really good seasons under the radar:

Brogdon - 24/4/7 on 50/46/90 splits.
Sabonis - 22/12/6 on 56/41/67 splits.
Jaylen Brown - 26/6/4 on 54/42/77 splits
Middleton - 23/7/6 on 55/49/94 splits
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Hayward is one of a few NBA players having really good seasons under the radar:

Brogdon - 24/4/7 on 50/46/90 splits.
Sabonis - 22/12/6 on 56/41/67 splits.
Jaylen Brown - 26/6/4 on 54/42/77 splits
Middleton - 23/7/6 on 55/49/94 splits
Middleton has a good sidekick in Giannis.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Long ago, I was told that Hayward would never average double figures again in his career.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:Long ago, I was told that Hayward would never average double figures again in his career.
BroChuck!
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:Long ago, I was told that Hayward would never average double figures again in his career.
BroChuck!

Chuck was one-legged, one-trick pony poster.

But look at that list again... Middleton and Brogdon were 2nd rd. picks. Sabonis was a low-lottery guy. Hayward was #9, but wasn't destined for stardom. Only Brown was a top draft pick.

I'm becoming more and more a guy who believes guys who know HOW to play basketball >>>>>>>> athletic freaks who are being taught how to play basketball who come with the required patience of fans waiting to see if they can figure it out.

[Note: Not coincidentally, I hit hard on the trade down for Haliburton strategy before the draft.]
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
BroChuck!

But look at that list again... Middleton and Brogdon were 2nd rd. picks. Sabonis was a low-lottery guy. Only Brown was a top draft pick.

I'm becoming more and more a guy who believes guys who know HOW to play basketball >>>>>>>> athletic freaks who are being taught how to play basketball... and we have to wait to see if they can figure it out.

[Note: Not coincidentally, I hit hard on the trade down for Haliburton strategy before the draft.]
Stromile Swift anyone?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
BroChuck!

But look at that list again... Middleton and Brogdon were 2nd rd. picks. Sabonis was a low-lottery guy. Hayward was #9, but wasn't destined for stardom. Only Brown was a top draft pick.

I'm becoming more and more a guy who believes guys who know HOW to play basketball >>>>>>>> athletic freaks who are being taught how to play basketball who come with the required patience of fans waiting to see if they can figure it out.

Bucks fans probably disagree.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Robceltsfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
BroChuck!

Bucks fans probably disagree.

I think they miss Brogdon a great deal. ;)

As for Giannis, he's not among the high-volume, low-efficient players I was thinking of. He was the great unknown as a rookie. But he was a versatile player who showed promise offensively... and was pretty solid defensively from the jump.

I'm talking about the guys who get drafted playing one way... and then we're supposed to wait (and hope) they figure out they need to play smarter to reach their potential. Think Anthony Edwards, Andrew Wiggins, Rashad McCants...
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Are we starting to see a bit of Celtics' curse? Kyrie comes and goes in a bit of a clusterfuck, Heyward's tenure was completely marred from pretty much day one all the way to the botched trade with Indiana, Kemba may be playing on one knee the rest of his career?
Don’t forget Isaiah Thomas
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Shill Jackson wrote:Nice to see the lad doing well, playing with exuberance again

Right and he healed on Celtics time and gtfo on the first boat
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Whoever said that didn't figure he would leave the Celtics, everyone who leaves plays better
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
BroChuck!

But look at that list again... Middleton and Brogdon were 2nd rd. picks. Sabonis was a low-lottery guy. Only Brown was a top draft pick.

I'm becoming more and more a guy who believes guys who know HOW to play basketball >>>>>>>> athletic freaks who are being taught how to play basketball... and we have to wait to see if they can figure it out.

Stromile Swift anyone?
Greek Freak?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LookAway wrote:
Whoever said that didn't figure he would leave the Celtics, everyone who leaves plays better
Good for him. I harbor no ill will towards Gordon. He can enjoy his 23ppg while watching the playoffs from home.

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
Good for him. I harbor no ill will towards Gordon. He can enjoy his 23ppg while watching the playoffs from home.
It's very obvious there isn't the slightest bit of ill will from this post.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
LookAway wrote:
It's very obvious there isn't the slightest bit of ill will from this post.
As has been mentioned by multiple people in this thread not named Rob, Gordon is a great contributor as a low-end 2nd or high-end 3rd option. If the Hornets are going to rely on his as their primary scorer, that'll both inflate his statistics and decrease their likelihood of team success.

I like Gordon. I think his comeback from that gruesome injury is admirable and impressive. But facts are facts.

~George Carlin~