Eagles fire Pederson

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Eagles fire Pederson

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Tough crowd in Philly. Winning a SB isn't even enough.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Eagles fire Pederson

Post by lettherebehouse »

Super Bowl win is ancient history. No coach survives the type of year Philly just had. And while we’re on this subject, nevermind the SB pedigree, and nevermind the 11-0 start to 2020, but Tomlin also deserves a spot on the hot seat in Pittsburgh after their monumental collapse.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

lettherebehouse wrote:Super Bowl win is ancient history. No coach survives the type of year Philly just had. And while we’re on this subject, nevermind the SB pedigree, and nevermind the 11-0 start to 2020, but Tomlin also deserves a spot on the hot seat in Pittsburgh after their monumental collapse.
Tomlin would be unemployed for about a minute and a half.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Super Bowl win is ancient history. No coach survives the type of year Philly just had. And while we’re on this subject, nevermind the SB pedigree, and nevermind the 11-0 start to 2020, but Tomlin also deserves a spot on the hot seat in Pittsburgh after their monumental collapse.

No doubt. But with Ben definitely out now, it’s time for a regime change in Pitt. A change of address would be good for Tomlin’s career too.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Why stop there. Belichek should be fired, too.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Speaking of coaches, there's a rumor that Urban's forming a staff to take over the Jags.
Last edited by Havlicekstealsit on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

lettherebehouse wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

No doubt. But with Ben definitely out now, it’s time for a regime change in Pitt. A change of address would be good for Tomlin’s career too.
Pittsburgh has been the one franchise that picks a coach and sticks with him forever. Chuck, Cowher and Tomlin. And it has served them well. But there is something to be said sometimes for changes of scenery.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Speaking of coaches, there's a rumor that Saban's forming a staff to take over the Jags.
Do you mean Urban Meyer?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Apples to oranges
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

It reminds me of Jeff Fisher in Tennessee...it's just time to part ways. Sounds like Pittsburgh has a cap space nightmare coming up.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:Speaking of coaches, there's a rumor that Saban's forming a staff to take over the Jags.
Do you mean Urban Meyer?
LOL, yes. :L
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

manchild98 wrote:
It reminds me of Jeff Fisher in Tennessee...it's just time to part ways. Sounds like Pittsburgh has a cap space nightmare coming up.
A little bit, but Fisher couldn't coach his way out of a paper back. He was ridiculously overrated as a coach. Tomlin is a great coach. Sometimes, shit just happens.

I can see a change of scenery being good for him though. I don't think it would help the Steelers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

13 seasons since their last Superbowl victory and just 3 playoff wins in the past decade.

Indeed, in a town that is used to bring home a ring with some frequency, I think Tomlin is definitely on at least a warm seat going into next season.

NOTE: As Washington fan...his resume over the past decade would be fantastic for our franchise. :lol: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

13 seasons since their last Superbowl victory and just 3 playoff wins in the past decade.

Indeed, in a town that is used to bring home a ring with some frequency, I think Tomlin is definitely on at least a warm seat going into next season.
The more I think about it, the more I hope the Steelers fire him. They will rue the day and Tomlin will get a fresh start. He won 8 games last year with Devlin Hodges and Mason Rudolph as his QB. And I don't know what happened to Ben after about game 9 or so this year, but he was brutal. It might be the end of the road for him.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

NOTE: As Washington fan...his resume over the past decade would be fantastic for our franchise. :lol: :lol:
I think you guys made a very good hire and are set at coach for a while. You won't "back into" the playoffs next year.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Robceltsfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

For almost any franchise.

Tomlin has a 145 - 78 career record (.650) and has never had a team below .500... not even one led by Mason Rudolph and D. Hodges. Cowher went 13 seasons (with multiple losing seasons) before winning a SB.

They may crater at some point. But I wouldn't even consider it right now.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Thanks for the Super Bowl Doug.

I support this decision. I also wouldn't mind the GM being fired.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Thanks for the Super Bowl Nick.

I support this decision. I also wouldn't mind the GM being fired.
FIFY
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Come on Abe, even if he were unemployed he’d still not coach the Vikings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LookAway wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Come on Abe, even if he were unemployed he’d still not coach the Vikings
/quote]

I don't hate Zimmer.

But I do wish the Vikings kept Tomlin instead of going with Brad Childress all those years ago.