Mount Rushmore

Tom Cruise seems to be handling Covid pretty well

Post by elmouse03 »

[youtube]IHqgjBlEcog[/youtube]
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Tom Cruise seems to be handling Covid pretty well

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I was gonna say that this was surprising to me because I imagine Tom Cruise to be incredibly robotic in real life.

But the more I listened... I started to get the nagging suspicion that he's actually acting in that clip for his own PR purposes... and that makes it all make more sense.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I was gonna say that this was surprising to me because I imagine Tom Cruise to be incredibly robotic in real life.

But the more I listened... I started to get the nagging suspicion that he's actually acting in that clip for his own PR purposes... and that makes it all make more sense.
What about the Oprah interview?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elmouse03 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I was gonna say that this was surprising to me because I imagine Tom Cruise to be incredibly robotic in real life.

Yeah. I was wondering if "robotic" was the right word... "non-human"... "unrealistic"... "inauthentic"...?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

Yeah. I was wondering if "robotic" was the right word... "non-human"... "unrealistic"... "inauthentic"...?
It's Scientology yo.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

He had me until “they can’t pay for their kids’ college education”.

LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

What was he complaining about? Why does he have to be robotic because he doesn't let the media in to his life?
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

elmouse03 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elmouse03 wrote: What about the Oprah interview?

It's Scientology yo.
Was that a Scientology event he was speaking at?
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

LookAway wrote:What was he complaining about? Why does he have to be robotic because he doesn't let the media in to his life?
He caught crew members breaking COVID protocol, which he worries could get the film shut down. So he’s making it clear that they have to follow protocols or be fired.

He’s an idiot overall, like most Americans, but he did nothing wrong here.

If they moved filming to Texas, he probably wouldn’t have such fears. There’s no real enforcement of covid protocals beyond having to wear masks in stores, which is enforced by the store’s employees only. Nobody polices health risks here or other liberal bullshit.
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Uncontroversial wrote:
LookAway wrote:What was he complaining about? Why does he have to be robotic because he doesn't let the media in to his life?
He caught crew members breaking COVID protocol, which he worries could get the film shut down. So he’s making it clear that they have to follow protocols or be fired.

If they moved filming to Texas, he probably wouldn’t have such fears. There’s no real enforcement of covid protocals beyond having to wear masks in stores, which is enforced by the store’s employees only. Nobody polices health risks here or other liberal bullshit.
So he is right in this case? :mj:
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

LookAway wrote:
Uncontroversial wrote:

So he is right in this case? :mj:
I don’t see what the problem is. He didn’t start screaming racist shit. He says don’t fuck up or the movie will be shut down. Don’t take your job for granted. Too many pussies in Hollywood right now.

They cancelled Ellen for this shit. Literally every complaint I’ve heard about working on Ellen sounds weak to me. As if the vibe backstage has to be as light and fluffy as what they put on camera. Nah. If you’re making a show worth millions and with millions of viewers, lots of people want your job, and you need to earn it or lose it.

Now, I don’t run my business that way. Yelling at people seems miserable and stressful. But it’s not unethical to yell at employees if they’re being unprofessional or jeopardizing the company.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

what a nutjob
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

I like Tom
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

The Mission Impossible Series should be our American version of James Bond. Keep making them.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

He over reacting for sure...but he is right though. Getting shut down would cause a few hundred of jobs. That would suck for the holiday.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

The covid protocol on movie and tv sets right now is top notch I u understand his position...and entire production can be shut down at a moments notice leaving thousands unemployed...we have had a handful of cases on our current production..nobody from my department but we do work closely with other departments in the same sets ..we have a team of nurses on set and we get weekly tests and we also have a crew to disinfect sets after use daily...other than that you must remain 6 feet apart or if unavoidable only closer for 15 minutes at a time...and if one guy is tested positive he is out 10 days u til no symptoms and a negative test..those who have been around him are out 14 days with same stipulations..all paid of course....

Oh and we get paid about $150 every time we take the covid test..which I do every tuesday
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Macrotus wrote:He over reacting for sure..but he is right though. Getting shut down would cause a few hundred of jobs. That would suck for the holiday.

:mj:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

We got shut down early for the holidays actually...we were scheduled to work up until next tuesday but one carpenter tested positive which meant that like 8 carpenters were out for 2 weeks and sets werent built so there was very little for us to work on so we just shut it down early this tuesday til January 3rd...so I'm chillin
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

elartman1973 wrote:We got shut down early for the holidays actually...we were scheduled to work up until next tuesday but one carpenter tested positive which meant that like 8 carpenters were out for 2 weeks and sets werent built so there was very little for us to work on so we just shut it down early this tuesday til January 3rd...so I'm chillin
You work on D rate low budget drivel. Nobody cares when that comes out or if it ever does come out.

For real movies and tv shows, they hire professionals