G.O.A.T.

Latest crybaby development out of Houston

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Latest crybaby development out of Houston

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Who else other than Philly?

But I can't see Morey blinking first when it comes to him (1) starting with a new team (2) dealing with old team (3) and Houston losing leverage by the minute...*

* If there are any serious Philly talks, get ready for a deluge of negative Fertitta stories surfacing... I'm sure Harden's camp is digging right now.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I read a week or so ago that Toronto might be willing to gamble on Harden, similar to how they gambled on Kawhi. I think it was Lowry and a bunch of picks or something, I don’t recall.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote:I read a week or so ago that Toronto might be willing to gamble on Harden, similar to how they gambled on Kawhi. I think it was Lowry and a bunch of picks or something, I don’t recall.

Hmmm...

Ok. Talent-wise... sure. Why not, right?

But then there's the Clippers angle. A big part of their crumbling last year seems to be when a group of overachievers were given backseat status to brand-new superstars with a sense of entitlement. The soul of the overachieving team was lost.

Lowry is an icon in Toronto. And even though he's obviously on borrowed time, losing him for essentially for the opposite of what he is... would be quite the science/chemistry experiment.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I'd honestly prefer if management waits to see how the Sixers play with Ben, Joel, and the new players before making a big move like Simmons cap filler, and picks for Harden.

If that means we lose him to someone else, so be it.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

FUCK James Flopden and his jerry curl juice beard ass.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

PhutureDynasty wrote:I'd honestly prefer if management waits to see how the Sixers play with Ben, Joel, and the new players before making a big move like Simmons cap filler, and picks for Harden.

They could flip Simmons later for a less talented... but less intrusive player with less baggage.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

In this thread:

A bunch of White males frustrated that a Black male athlete is attempting to control his own destiny instead of bending the knee to White ownership.

Okay. Great.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:FUCK James Flopden and his jerry curl juice beard ass.

Very well said, IMHO.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LNS wrote:I read a week or so ago that Toronto might be willing to gamble on Harden, similar to how they gambled on Kawhi. I think it was Lowry and a bunch of picks or something, I don’t recall.

Hmmm...

But then there's the Clippers angle. A big part of their crumbling last year seems to be when a group of overachievers were given backseat status to brand-new superstars with a sense of entitlement. The soul of the overachieving team was lost.

Lowry is an icon in Toronto. And even though he's obviously on borrowed time, losing him for essentially for the opposite of what he is... would be quite the science/chemistry experiment.
I mean I don’t think Harden is capable of putting together a run like Kawhi did anyway. But Harden with VanVleet and Siakam has potential to be decent, and IMO it’s worth the gamble for Toronto. I know Harden is a weirdo and he seems like an asshole, but he’s not autistic like Kawhi and won’t be demanding “alone time” before games or getting load management. Plus according to Brother Charles they have the best strip clubs in Toronto.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Hmmm...

I mean I don’t think Harden is capable of putting together a run like Kawhi did anyway. But Harden with VanVleet and Siakam has potential to be decent, and IMO it’s worth the gamble for Toronto. I know Harden is a weirdo and he seems like an asshole, but he’s not autistic like Kawhi and won’t be demanding “alone time” before games or getting load management. Plus according to Brother Charles they have the best strip clubs in Toronto.
How big is accountability for the Raptors organization.

Obviously, it's been a problem in Houston. Heck, the lack of accountability when it came to Harden was one reason Westbrook wanted out.

[Note: Miley knows how to work a pole.]
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:I'd honestly prefer if management waits to see how the Sixers play with Ben, Joel, and the new players before making a big move like Simmons cap filler, and picks for Harden.

They could flip Simmons later for a less talented... but less intrusive player with less baggage.
Yes. Dwight, CP3, and Westbrook all left Houston in the middle of Harden's prime. Why?

That's saying something about him. Maybe he isn't the most fun to play with.

Risky decision losing Ben only to have Harden piss off Embiid too and for this not to work.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Yes. Dwight, CP3, and Westbrook all left Houston in the middle of Harden's prime. Why?

Risky decision losing Ben only to have Harden piss off Embiid too and for this not to work.
Harden’s game is soul sucking. I don’t blame others for disliking it.
Also, he is 32, and doesn’t treat his body as a temple like Bron.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Who else other than Philly?

But I can't see Morey blinking first when it comes to him (1) starting with a new team (2) dealing with old team (3) and Houston losing leverage by the minute...*

* If there are any serious Philly talks, get ready for a deluge of negative Fertitta stories surfacing... I'm sure Harden's camp is digging right now.
I could see the Pelicans. They’ve got players to trade and picks.
But speaking for house and myself, F that!
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

I don't see anyone paying a King's ransom for him anymore. The attitude, the style of play and the playoffs disappearing act combined with the soon approaching "best before" date should limit the interest.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

What will the Sixers starting lineup be? Danny at the 3?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Odogg wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

What will the Sixers starting lineup be? Danny at the 3?
If we don't do the trade...

Seth Curry
Danny Green
Ben Simmons
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

Ben brings the ball up

If we do the trade..

Seth Curry
James Harden
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

James brings the ball up
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

I agree I would like to see Ben with that team.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I kind of wish they'd give him the old Deron Williams treatment. Send his whiny ass to a super crappy team like Cleveland or Sacramento and let him rot. The Jazz destroyed Williams' career with that move back in the day. The guy went from being one of the best pg's in the league to an absolute nobody.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Bush4Ever. wrote:In this thread:

A bunch of White males frustrated that a Black male athlete is attempting to control his own destiny instead of bending the knee to White ownership.

Okay. Great.
You're trying too hard. :stephena:

I wanna hear from Denali in this thread