California to ban all gas cars by 2035

Talk about anything here.
Thedictator
Legend

California to ban all gas cars by 2035

Post by Thedictator »

:rosenew:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchro ... 591347.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: California to ban all gas cars by 2035

Post by Uncontroversial »

Nobody will want gas cars in 2035 except some vintage collectors
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Lol.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Two things:

1. Cali just going to shut off all their fuel stations, putting thousands out of work?
2. Say you live out of state with a gas car and drive to Cali for a visit. Or you're an out-of state trucker making deliveries there. Then what?
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

It doesn’t ban anything.
New sales only. Electric, hybrid and plug in/hybrid will be allowed.
Older cars will be allowed.
China has already dictated this. It’s going to happen anyway.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

It's not just California... the Biden/Kamala/AOC/Sanders radical Left's "Green New Deal" calls for the complete elimination of all gas/coal/oil throughout the entire country by 2035... and in its place, millions of miles of turbines/solar panels throughout America.

In other words say hello to skyrocketing taxes (to finance this nonsense plan) and say goodbye to all the forests and wildlife the Liberals claim to care so much about, not to mention massive power outages in the middle of summers (like California experienced a month or so ago).

:roll:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I don't understand why moving to cleaner energy sources could possibly be seen as a bad thing.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I don't understand why moving to cleaner energy sources could possibly be seen as a bad thing.

I JUST told you guys about weenie Karl's left-leaning tendencies!

Exposed!

[Note: For reals though... I'm glad you mentioned it first. I was a bit confused myself.]
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I don't understand why moving to cleaner energy sources could possibly be seen as a bad thing.
I don’t think it’s necessarily bad, but I’d like to see a thorough breakdown on how it would work.

Would taxes skyrocket like the drunkard tdk suggested?

Would a lot of jobs be lost?

:noidea:

Not suggesting you have the answers, by the way.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote:
I don’t think it’s necessarily bad, but I’d like to see a thorough breakdown on how it would work.

Me too. I have no idea how it would work either. Unless they find a way to dramatically reduce the price of electric cars, it's not going to happen.

I guess I just don't see why anyone would be against us as a nation finding a way to be cleaner with our energy. If California thinks they've found a path to move away from fossil fuels and help clean up the air, why would anyone fight that?
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
LNS wrote:

Me too. I have no idea how it would work either. Unless they find a way to dramatically reduce the price of electric cars, it's not going to happen.

I guess I just don't see why anyone would be against us as a nation finding a way to be cleaner with our energy. If California thinks they've found a path to move away from fossil fuels and help clean up the air, why would anyone fight that?
I think the market should dictate what is used, not be forced into it. That is the point of a free market economy.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
LNS wrote:

The government is taking away the God given right to pollute the hell of the planet. This a free country, it should be your own choice if you want to pollute the planet.../S
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Bartman wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
LNS wrote:

The government is taking away the God given right to pollute the hell of the planet. This a free country, it should be your own choice if you want to pollute the planet.../S
What do U think happens to the batteries of an electric car when it needs to be scrapped? Do U have any idea what is needed to dig up the resources to get the batteries? Where do U think the electricity comes from to charge the car? (Hint Coal and Gas).... Is it really less pollution? U may want to look into it!
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Thedictator wrote:
Bartman wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

What do U think happens to the batteries of an electric car when it needs to be scrapped? Do U have any idea what is needed to dig up the resources to get the batteries? Where do U think the electricity comes from to charge the car? (Hint Coal and Gas).... Is it really less pollution? U may want to look into it!

I trust that we will get better at resolving those issues over time as long as we move in the right direction toward cleaner air. Technology has a way of advancing if you put money and resources to it.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:It's not just California... the Biden/Kamala/AOC/Sanders radical Left's "Green New Deal" calls for the complete elimination of all gas/coal/oil throughout the entire country by 2035... and in its place, millions of miles of turbines/solar panels throughout America.

In other words say hello to skyrocketing taxes (to finance this nonsense plan) and say goodbye to all the forests and wildlife the Liberals claim to care so much about, not to mention massive power outages in the middle of summers (like California experienced a month or so ago).

In other words...you're a complete moron afraid of progress and all for use of toxic materials..

If it was up to republicans we would still be riding horses

And ignoring environmental issues makes you a fucking moron
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Pipe dream. Battery technology needs a generational leap before it's a viable full on replacement.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

elartman1973 wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:It's not just California... the Biden/Kamala/AOC/Sanders radical Left's "Green New Deal" calls for the complete elimination of all gas/coal/oil throughout the entire country by 2035... and in its place, millions of miles of turbines/solar panels throughout America.

In other words...you're a complete moron afraid of progress and all for use of toxic materials..

I really can't stand to see the sight of you on this board anymore after what you did.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

I really can't stand to see the sight of you on this board anymore after what you did.
Tell me.what you think I did
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

elartman1973 wrote:
UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: In other words...you're a complete moron afraid of progress and all for use of toxic materials..

Tell me.what you think I did
You're really pathetic. You were banned for it. You know what you did little bitch.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

Thedictator wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
LNS wrote:

I think the market should dictate what is used, not be forced into it. That is the point of a free market economy.
So should pure heroin be legal and sold at your local Walgreens?
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser