This Miami Heat team feels special

Talk about anything here.
3effs
Hall of Famer

This Miami Heat team feels special

Post by 3effs »

Don’t think they would have made it to the finals in a regular format, but they appear to be headed there now.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: This Miami Heat team feels special

Post by rileymartin »

Why wouldn't they make it in a regular format? Many experts predicted that Miami would give the Bucks lots of trouble, and Miami beat the Bucks in a "regular" format too...

And the Celtics are playing at an elite level right now, and miami still stayed resiliant and pulled out a win even when they got behind by like 13 points...

The Heat are simply getting hot at the right time, and they are gelling, which happens during a "regular" format all the time.

Very dumb take...
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

They feel like the 01 Sixers for me with long term potential. I and so many people was wrong about Jimmy but I can admit that and am rooting for him now and hopes he continues to make the 6ers look dumb.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmerjfudd wrote:They feel like the 01 Sixers for me with long term potential. I and so many people was wrong about Jimmy but I can admit that and am rooting for him now and hopes he continues to make the 6ers look dumb.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
While I agree in hindsight that it was dumb to let him walk I also can't root for him. I want whoever wins the West to take the title. Preferably LA.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I feel like I'm always going to root for the team with no true superstar leading them. Butler is a dog and will fight to the very end. Spo is a good coach that gets the most out of players. Bam is a beast and that block may be the 2nd best block in NBA playoffs history.

I'm really rooting for this team to go all the way.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I feel like I'm always going to root for the team with no true superstar leading them. Butler is a dog and will fight to the very end. Spo is a good coach that gets the most out of players. Bam is a beast and that block may be the 2nd best block in NBA playoffs history.

I agree on Butler. He's the kind of guy you'd love to have on your team.

A Denver v Miami finals would be fun. Unfortunately, we'll almost certainly get the godless Lakers.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

americaninfidel wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:I feel like I'm always going to root for the team with no true superstar leading them. Butler is a dog and will fight to the very end. Spo is a good coach that gets the most out of players. Bam is a beast and that block may be the 2nd best block in NBA playoffs history.

A Denver v Miami finals would be fun. Unfortunately, we'll almost certainly get the godless Lakers.
Does it ruin Denver's historic run if they lose to the Lakers?
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

rileymartin wrote:Why wouldn't they make it in a regular format? Many experts predicted that Miami would give the Bucks lots of trouble, and Miami beat the Bucks in a "regular" format too...

And the Celtics are playing at an elite level right now, and miami still stayed resiliant and pulled out a win even when they got behind by like 13 points...

The Heat are simply getting hot at the right time, and they are gelling, which happens during a "regular" format all the time.

Very dumb take...

It’s impossible to know how they would have done in road environments. It would have been a completely different playoff.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

3effs wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Why wouldn't they make it in a regular format? Many experts predicted that Miami would give the Bucks lots of trouble, and Miami beat the Bucks in a "regular" format too...

Very dumb take...

It’s impossible to know how they would have done in road environments. It would have been a completely different playoff.
Don't mind him. He's the guy that predicted a national title for FSU a few years back and they ended with something like 6 losses.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
3effs wrote:

Very dumb take...

Don't mind him. He's the guy that predicted a national title for FSU a few years back and they ended with something like 6 losses.

Yeah, they were 15-22 on the road this year and wouldn’t have had HCA in any series unless they would have surpassed the Pacers. They could have made the finals, sure. But it’s far from a guarantee and I wouldn’t bet on it.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

americaninfidel wrote:

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

3effs wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
3effs wrote:

Yeah, they were 15-22 on the road this year and wouldn’t have had HCA in any series unless they would have surpassed the Pacers. They could have made the finals, sure. But it’s far from a guarantee and I wouldn’t bet on it.

I didn't think 3efffs take was dumb.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

Well, yeah. Not if you're Minnesota.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Kingcarl24 wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

Not if they're competitive, I don't think. They may (probably will) lose. But they are a team on the rise, with two young superstars. This Lakers team is maybe Lebron's swansong, but Denver are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the WC for a while yet.

Edit:

Also, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at Kawhi Leonard.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

americaninfidel wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

Not if they're competitive, I don't think. They may (probably will) lose. But they are a team on the rise, with two young superstars. This Lakers team is maybe Lebron's swansong, but Denver are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the WC for a while yet.

Edit:

Bitterness isn't a good look on you.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Edit:

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE!!!!!!!!

I find it really funny that arguably the most mature poster on our board has a little bit of bitterness towards Kawhi. I doubt it is as much as he is pretending here, but funny nonetheless.

I remember feeling something very similar when that little cock sucking mother fucker asshole Steve Francis spurned the Grizz. I took it really well.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

AlaskaHawks wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Edit:

You're probably right. But just let me have today. Please?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Celtics in 6.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

americaninfidel wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

Edit:

You're probably right. But just let me have today. Please?
:suds:

All good man - was mostly kidding myself.

I'm not watching the NBA currently or I'd probably join you in laughing. Sounds like he and Playoff P (LOL) stunk it up last night.
Bill Russell

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

Edit:

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE!!!!!!!!

I find it really funny that arguably the most mature poster on our board has a little bit of bitterness towards Kawhi. I doubt it is as much as he is pretending here, but funny nonetheless.

I remember feeling something very similar when that little cock sucking mother fucker asshole Steve Francis spurned the Grizz. I took it really well.
I only felt a little bad watching Hayward trying to figure out why his toes were pointed the wrong way in that first game as a Celtic.