Ho hum, another Mets / Braves series...

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Ho hum, another Mets / Braves series...

Post by rileymartin »

...Another series win for the Braves...

Nice tough to win game 3 in humiliating fashion...
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: Ho hum, another Mets / Braves series...

Post by Y2K »

14-1! Same old New York Muts. :D

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

:arodlaugh: :arodtoke: :pjaxlol: :booker:

:laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3: :laugh4: :laugh3:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Braves season done

Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

lettherebehouse wrote:Braves season done

Drafted Acuna and Soroka in the fantasy league to ensure another failed season for the Atlanta Kiddos...so far, looks to be working like a charm...

:mahmoud:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

This is why I was worried about this Atlanta club. Top heavy team backed up with replacement-level talent.

As it happens the Mets were smacking Soroka around last night, but the Braves NEEDED the kid to be the 'real deal' - now they're paper thin.

That's why you bring in reinforcements beyond Cole Hamels. For every rookie arm that bursts onto the scene and sticks there are two dozen Joba Chamberlain, Matt Harvey, Rick Ankiel or Mark Prior-types. Just look at how Foltenewitz career ended up - shouldn't the Braves know about this kind of thing firsthand?

I wish Soroka the best, I thought he was on his way to becoming a genuine #2. The achilles tear isn't always career threatening as Braves fans are fearing, but it's hard not to think of the Ryan Howard's and Johan Santana's who never overcame it. Dellin Betances nearly a year later is still missing 5-6 mph on his fastball. We'll have to wait a year until Soroka pitches again to see what ATL still has in him.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

kobeunderbite wrote:

This is why I was worried about this Atlanta club. Top heavy team backed up with replacement-level talent.

As it happens the Mets were smacking Soroka around last night, but the Braves NEEDED the kid to be the 'real deal' - now they're paper thin.

That's why you bring in reinforcements beyond Cole Hamels. For every rookie arm that bursts onto the scene and sticks there are two dozen Joba Chamberlain, Matt Harvey, Rick Ankiel or Mark Prior-types. Just look at how Foltenewitz career ended up - shouldn't the Braves know about this kind of thing firsthand?

I wish Soroka the best, I thought he was on his way to becoming a genuine #2. The achilles tear isn't always career threatening as Braves fans are fearing, but it's hard not to think of the Ryan Howard's and Johan Santana's who never overcame it. Dellin Betances nearly a year later is still missing 5-6 mph on his fastball. We'll have to wait a year until Soroka pitches again to see what ATL still has in him.

Excellent points all around.

It was funny listening to many experts prior to season talk about front runners in the NL, so many would forget to include Atlanta in their discussion only to be reminded by some producer in their ear or female co-host giving them the nudge like “hey, don’t forget to mention the Braves” as they epiphanally come to their senses like “oh my how could I forget to mention Atlanta, one of the top teams from last season”? It’s because real baseball fans know subconsciously they’re not legit contenders, for the exact reason you outlined. But for program purposes they’re obligated to give them a mention, but nobody in their right mind sees them as any real possible threat.

:aj:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

lettherebehouse wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

It was funny listening to many experts prior to season talk about front runners in the NL, so many would forget to include Atlanta in their discussion only to be reminded by some producer in their ear or female co-host giving them the nudge like “hey, don’t forget to mention the Braves” as they epiphanally come to their senses like “oh my how could I forget to mention Atlanta, one of the top teams from last season”? It’s because real baseball fans know subconsciously they’re not legit contenders, for the exact reason you outlined. But for program purposes they’re obligated to give them a mention, but nobody in their right mind sees them as any real possible threat.

First things first...It isnt surprising the see a dirty, filthy Heeb like Undies celebrate a serious injury...

As for the Braves, with or without Soroka this season, we were still gonna be a year away from taking down the Dodgers...What I do know though kiddo, is that with or without Soroka the Braves still have more than enough to win the pathetic NL East...You can count on that.
People seem to forget how young the Braves are, and the plethora of talent that is still down on the farm...
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

lettherebehouse wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

That's exactly what kind of team Atlanta is. They might sleepwalk their way to the equivalent of 87-88 wins but everyone knows this is not a contending ballclub. This is a, back up into the playoffs before you take your beating and head on your way kind of ballclub - not unlike virtually every "successful" Atlanta Braves team over the last 30-40 years. Perpetually frozen in mediocrity and never daring to dream beyond. What team that genuinely wants to compete has the kind of pathetic winter that the Braves just did? (None).

And I'll say it again, I like Soroka. Always knews Foltenewitz and Toussant were shit, but I did like Soroka. Yet now the Braves start from square 1 with their rotation once again because they were too stupid, incapable or just plain cash-poor to have a plan B.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Repeat3peat wrote:

Drafted Acuna and Soroka in the fantasy league to ensure another failed season for the Atlanta Kiddos...so far, looks to be working like a charm...

:mahmoud:

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/ ... e=trending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mahmoud: :mahmoud: