rob parker says he would rather have duncans career than kobes cause hes 1 shot away from 6-0

Talk about anything here.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

rob parker says he would rather have duncans career than kobes cause hes 1 shot away from 6-0

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

did he mean the ray allen shot or this missed point blank wide open bunny by tim duncan to lose the series the very next game

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Re: rob parker says he would rather have duncans career than kobes cause hes 1 shot away from 6

imagine kobe or jordan missing a layup to cost their team a championship in game 7

they would never recover from it. flying under the radar also helped duncan avoid negative press. kobe couldn't even enjoy the titles he WON cause of some haters out there nitpicking percentages lol
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: rob parker says he would rather have duncans career than kobes cause hes 1 shot away from 6

Post by Robceltsfan »

Duncan is higher than Kobe on my all-time list.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Duncan is higher than Kobe on my all-time list.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I have several people higher on my all-time list than Kobe Bryant... including Tim Duncan.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Kobe isn't top 10.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Robceltsfan wrote:Duncan is higher than Kobe on my all-time list.

i mean its debatable among the message board community. but in reality it isn't cause duncan didn't make an impact on the majority of fans and isn't really remembered by anyone except hardcore geeks like us and spurs fans

but if i had to make a legit argument for kobe over duncan to people like you i would use these points

1. kobe has more 1st team all defensive selections and neither guy won dpoty. and thats really all duncan has on kobe ( defense ) to most people because big men are more valued in that department. but the accomplishments are actually on kobes side. and kobe only had 2 spots to make it every year while duncan had 3 since he was a forward/center

2. in terms of offense kobe has more 60, 70, 80 point games than duncan has 50 point games.

he has way more 50 point games than duncan has 40 point games.

he even has more 40 point games than duncan has 30 point games.

kobe would also be WAAAY more efficient averaging 19 points and never shooting threes and having 2 other guys like manu/toni run the offense

basically duncan was a system player. not heavily relied upon on offense while kobe had to carry his teams night in and night out

3. duncan blew it for team usa claiming bronze in 2004 while kobe saved the US in the gold medal game vs spain to redeem his country for duncans failure

4. kobe is 1 horry shot away from being 5-1 against duncan in the playoffs

5. duncan had 2-3 other hall of famers and a legendary coach for all 19 years while kobe had a great team/coach for half as many and he went to more finals/won the same amount of titles and went back to back in 01, 02 and 10 when duncan never could

6. it can be argued kobe also deserved league mvp in 2006, 2007 in an 88 jordan/2017 westbrook sense ... he should have more regular season awards than duncan ( with an outside shot at 2003, 2009 and 2013 as well if the media liked him )

7. people talk about pau averaging 18 points to kobes 29 and say he deserved mvp... but if you tell those same people manu ginobili had the same scoring as duncan and led the spurs in assists while shooting 20% higher than duncan for the series you won't see any of them agree manu was robbed of finals mvp

so at worst duncan and kobe should be tied in league/finals mvps

8. 1999 was a fake lockout year and less valuable than even kobes 2000 title in which he led the comeback for vs portland and saved shaqs ass again in game 4 after fouling out in the 2nd most important series.

9. duncan was passed by tony parker as his teams #1 option by the time duncan was 30. still in his prime. kobe would never be that kind of player at that age lol

10. like i said ITT already duncan flew under the radar so he never truly faced any real pressure. he could relax his entire career. no haters. no media critics when he failed. he had the biggest failure in finals history missing a point blank layup in the last minute to lose a title and nobody even remembers it.

kobe just made a much greater impact on the sport and world in general even before his death. after his death is not even remotely debatable who had the greater career
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I don't agree with hardly any of that.

Some terrible takes in there.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I don't agree with hardly any of that.

Some terrible takes in there.

i don't really care. i mean... you can't convince everyone. the internet message board community will always favor efficiency regardless of production

theres people here that think pau gasol was better than kobe when they won titles together

i just have to let go of ever trying to educate people that are blinded by analytics

did you know theres morons out there that actually think lebron is clutch because he has good percentages in those situations. failing to understand that he passes up most if not ALL difficult shots and only takes them 99% of the time when its an easy look unless its a tied game and he has OT to fall back on?

people will say "lebrons just smarter in those situations" ... but its killed him many many many times over... like with the JR/hill incident. korver misses and many other situations where it probably would have been better had lebron just taken the shot. but he doesn't dare hurt his percentages lol

that and attacking the rim in the clutch is a no no.... he's afraid of being featured on espn the next morning missing more clutch free throws

that was basically duncans entire career. shook from start to finish on stepping outside of pops shadow. i believe kevin garnett in place of duncan has 7-8 titles

thats just my opinion. he was the better individual player. that should be his comparisons. not with true all time scoring assassin 2 way superstars like kobe
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Duncan. But he probably doesn't give a shit because of who and how he is. Understated and usually underrated, even by his fans.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

oh yeah i almost forgot... duncan turned into a shell of himself defensively vs kobe. nobody embarrassed him like #8 did routinely

phpBB [video]
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

remember when greg popovich said kobe was better than duncan on BOTH ends of the floor

during duncans prime

:lol:

phpBB [video]
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Duncan’s final shot

:mjlaugh:
Last edited by Shill Jackson on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Isnt that to cornball brotha?

Kobe routinely abused Duncan.

Next.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I posted one sentence, and it sent Griff into a monologuing tizzy.

:lol:

Goodbye, Griff.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Just imagine, Griff is reading this right now and he knows he'll never be able to reply. He knows rob won and had the final say for all eternity, and he's sitting there behind his computer, texting madnesss and FPL but deep down knowing it's no use, and it's all over...

Pretty sad.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kobeunderbite wrote:Just imagine, Griff is reading this right now and he knows he'll never be able to reply. He knows rob won and had the final say for all eternity, and he's sitting there behind his computer, texting madnesss and FPL but deep down knowing it's no use, and it's all over...

Pretty sad.

Being banished for eternity by Rob is like getting a DUI for drinking too much milk.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Rob scalping Griff is like the fat version of Neville Longbottom vanquishing Voldemort.

It doesn't feel right.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

:obama:

~George Carlin~