Marathoned Lakers-Celtics G7

Talk about anything here.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Re: Marathoned Lakers-Celtics G7

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

this new sig will be stamped and saved on every post for 1 month. youre welcome tdk
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:

wrong on everything

for the first 6 games kobe averaged 29.5ppg/6.4rpg/4.2apg/2.3spg on 1.27 points per shot. 0.01 below his career average ( larry birds career average is 1.25 btw... so if you're gonna shit on kobes 2010 finals you're basically saying larry birds career was worse than kobe at his lowest point )

kobes game 7 was such a defensive battle for everyone and him that his 6 for 24 shooting brought his point per shot% down to 1.22

it masks his overall great series..
Game 1 Gasol put up 23 Points (on just 14 shots - 57%) with 14 Rebounds (8 on the Offensive end - as many as the entire Celtics team combined) with 3 Assists, 3 Blocks, and excellent Defense on KG (holding him to just 5 rebounds and 16 points on 16 shots). Kobe scored 30, but he needed 8 more shots to score just 7 more points than Pau. He also had 7 rebounds and 6 assists. I'd give the slight edge to Gasol (because of his Efficiency and dominance on the Offensive glass), but I can live with this game being a wash... either way I don't see any scenario where Kobe was the clear-cut better player in this game.

Game 2 Pau was clearly the best Lakers player on the floor.

Game 3 Kobe scored 29 points on 29 shots... .345% from the field. He "missed" 19 shots in a snail's-paced game where possessions were at a premium for both teams. Gasol wasn't great (13/10/4/2/46%) but Kobe was literally killing the team with all those misses. Lakers clearly won this game "in spite of" Kobe's horrific shooting. That said, I'd call this game a wash because Gasol did allow KG to go off for 25 on 11-16 shooting, which offsets Kobe's 19 misses. Also IIRC it was Fisher who came up huge for the Lakers down the stretch, to secure the win

Games 4 and 5 go to Kobe.

Game 6 Gasol dropped 17/13/9/1/3/43% to Kobe's 26/11/3/4/47%, both guys played solid Defense as well; but Pau with an Assist shy of a Triple Double is hard to ignore, again, in such a low-scoring, slow-paced game. Still, I'd call this game a wash as well.

Game 7 goes to Pau pretty clearly as well.

So I have it Games 1, 2 and 7 for Gasol, and Kobe taking Games 4 and 5... with Games 3 and 6 being a wash. But as noted, Kobe gets props for being the #1 focal point of the Defense, which is why they should have been co Finals MVP's.

big men are naturally going to be more efficient. especially when they're entirely dependent on the guard to get open looks/easy buckets

like i said ...kobe averaged 30/7/4/2 on 1.27 points per shot for 6 games. only his first 2.75 quarters of game 7 were truly bad and he saved the game in the end by having a hand in nearly every bucket/free throw attempt over the last 15 minutes.

you can argue for gasols 18 points and solid rebounding till you're blue in the face. the obvious leader was kobe. anyone who watched the games could tell he drew all the defensive attention. its silly to argue this

gasol never drew the defense to get kobe open. not even once. he was not the focal point

Precisely why Kobe should have been feeding Pau the ball more (and Bynum AND Odom too) instead of chuckin' up twice as many shots as the next guy (at a woeful 40% clip). Let's not forget the Lakers (at that time) had the most dominating Big Man Trio in the game... yet here's Kobe jacking up as many shots as all three of them combined with "defenders draped all over him".

Kobe's shot-selection and decision-making would have lost the series for the Lakers "if not for" Gasol... you don't get to cherry-pick the good withOut holding Kobe accountable for the bad as well.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

It’s 2020 and retards still think Gasol was “just as important” as Kobe?

:verdum:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kennethgriffin24 wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:

i just proved he was only truly inconsistent/bad for 2.75 quarters of a 7 game series and you conveniently ignored my post. i also showed 2 of jordans finals series are actually ranked lower than kobes 2010 series in terms of efficiency and you also ignored that

Kobe "missed" more shots than the next closest Lakers player even attempted, on horrible shooting Efficiency that (I just reminded you) would have meant a series loss for the Lakers if not for Pau Gasol's Offensive Rebounding giving the Lakers 5 extra possessions (on average) per game that they wouldn't have otherwise had.

Kobe also had more than twice as many Turnovers as any other Lakers player... on average he gave Boston 4 extra possessions a game (vs. just two a game from Gasol).

You didn't prove anything. Kobe was very inconsistent in that series (Game 1 solid, Games 2 and 3 blah, Games 4 - 6 he was good to great, Game 7 blah)... and there was nothing he did "better" than Gasol.

the guy with the ball in his hands most of the time averaging 30 has lots of misses and turnovers.

...and that same guy chucking twice as many shots (as his more Efficient shooting Bigs) at a woeful 40% clip "needed" Pau Gasol's Offensive Rebounding to bail him out and save Kobe from chucking the Lakers out of the Championship like he did in 2004.

:lol: for trying to pass off Kobe's boatload of mistakes in that series as no big deal.

But hey, you're right... it was no big deal. Know why? Because Pau Gasol was there to clean up Kobe's messes.

Fact.

Now get mad.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

kennethgriffin24 wrote:
Game 1 Gasol put up 23 Points (on just 14 shots - 57%) with 14 Rebounds (8 on the Offensive end - as many as the entire Celtics team combined) with 3 Assists, 3 Blocks, and excellent Defense on KG (holding him to just 5 rebounds and 16 points on 16 shots). Kobe scored 30, but he needed 8 more shots to score just 7 more points than Pau. He also had 7 rebounds and 6 assists. I'd give the slight edge to Gasol (because of his Efficiency and dominance on the Offensive glass), but I can live with this game being a wash... either way I don't see any scenario where Kobe was the clear-cut better player in this game.

Game 2 Pau was clearly the best Lakers player on the floor.

Game 3 Kobe scored 29 points on 29 shots... .345% from the field. He "missed" 19 shots in a snail's-paced game where possessions were at a premium for both teams. Gasol wasn't great (13/10/4/2/46%) but Kobe was literally killing the team with all those misses. Lakers clearly won this game "in spite of" Kobe's horrific shooting. That said, I'd call this game a wash because Gasol did allow KG to go off for 25 on 11-16 shooting, which offsets Kobe's 19 misses. Also IIRC it was Fisher who came up huge for the Lakers down the stretch, to secure the win

Games 4 and 5 go to Kobe.

Game 6 Gasol dropped 17/13/9/1/3/43% to Kobe's 26/11/3/4/47%, both guys played solid Defense as well; but Pau with an Assist shy of a Triple Double is hard to ignore, again, in such a low-scoring, slow-paced game. Still, I'd call this game a wash as well.

Game 7 goes to Pau pretty clearly as well.

So I have it Games 1, 2 and 7 for Gasol, and Kobe taking Games 4 and 5... with Games 3 and 6 being a wash. But as noted, Kobe gets props for being the #1 focal point of the Defense, which is why they should have been co Finals MVP's.

big men are naturally going to be more efficient. especially when they're entirely dependent on the guard to get open looks/easy buckets

like i said ...kobe averaged 30/7/4/2 on 1.27 points per shot for 6 games. only his first 2.75 quarters of game 7 were truly bad and he saved the game in the end by having a hand in nearly every bucket/free throw attempt over the last 15 minutes.

you can argue for gasols 18 points and solid rebounding till you're blue in the face. the obvious leader was kobe. anyone who watched the games could tell he drew all the defensive attention. its silly to argue this

gasol never drew the defense to get kobe open. not even once. he was not the focal point

Precisely why Kobe should have been feeding Pau the ball more (and Bynum AND Odom too) instead of chuckin' up twice as many shots as the next guy (at a woeful 40% clip). Let's not forget the Lakers (at that time) had the most dominating Big Man Trio in the game... yet here's Kobe jacking up as many shots as all three of them combined with "defenders draped all over him".

Kobe's shot-selection and decision-making would have lost the series for the Lakers "if not for" Gasol... you don't get to cherry-pick the good withOut holding Kobe accountable for the bad as well.

you can't force feed big men unless they're like shaq or hakeem types etc... guys like pau mostly rely on kobes initial draw of the double team which gets him tons of pick and pop open flat set foot jumpers. his most famous shot....

how do you just dump it in and say "get that shot pau"

jesus christ you're retarded

paus points have to come in the flow of the offense. kobe is the isolation wizard. thats why he gets more chances dummy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

pau gasol as #1 option for his first 7 years in the nba = 18ppg

pau gasol as 2nd option for the 2009 and 2010 titles = 18ppg

sorry tdk. thats just what hes capable of with his limited go to moves
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kennethgriffin24 wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:

you can't force feed big men unless they're like shaq or hakeem types etc... guys like pau mostly rely on kobes initial draw of the double team which gets him tons of pick and pop open flat set foot jumpers. his most famous shot....

paus points have to come in the flow of the offense. kobe is the isolation wizard. thats why he gets more chances dummy

Newsflash: Gasol wasn't some stiff, you fool. He was very athletic and he had a very diverse and versatile Offensive game... he was more than capable of getting his own shots AND he was such an excellent Passer / Play-maker AND "decision-maker" in the high post that the Lakers were able to play through him.

:lol: at you trying to pass Gasol off as some Luc Longley type. Pau was a LEGIT Scorer who didn't "need" Kobe setting him up all day.

You have no clue.

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:pau gasol as #1 option for his first 7 years in the nba = 18ppg

pau gasol as 2nd option for the 2009 and 2010 titles = 18ppg

sorry tdk. thats just what hes capable of with his limited go to moves

Yo. Sorry to interrupt.

Gasol averaged 19 ppg during his first 7 seasons.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:

Newsflash: Gasol wasn't some stiff, you fool. He was very athletic and he had a very diverse and versatile Offensive game... he was more than capable of getting his own shots AND he was such an excellent Passer / Play-maker AND "decision-maker" in the high post that the Lakers were able to play through him.

:lol: at you trying to pass Gasol off as some Luc Longley type. Pau was a LEGIT Scorer who didn't "need" Kobe setting him up all day.

You have no clue.
He doesn't understand basketball... Have you seen videos of him playing?.. It's hard to watch. Don't pay him no mind Gasol was a beast... Such a dynamic post player very skilled ... Kobe brought out some toughness in him but he was always an offensive marvel. Not bad defender too straight up and on pick and rolls not the best but certainly above average.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Wait. Kobe> Gasol? And this is news?
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Shill Jackson wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:shaq drew all the defensive attention in the 2001 playoffs and kobe led the lakers in overall playoff win shares

are you gonna try and tell people a 22 year old kobe was more important to the 2001 lakers than peak shaq?

even i know kobe didn't truly become a more important player to the lakers till 2003

what tdk is suffering from is lebron fans disease. its where you just look at some box scores and try to speak on something you know nothing about
Kobe was a more important player in 2000

phpBB [video]
Coincidentally, they are playing this game on the Lakers network.
Man what a couple of great teams.
Sabonis, Wallace, Grant, Smith, Schrempf, O’Neal, Stoudamire, Wells, Augmon and Dunleavy (he should be coaching somewhere)
Wallace just doing work
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I remember the consensus among 90% or more of Suns fans on ESPN after the Pau trade was that the Lakers still wouldn't win the West lol. Pathetic losers